Pakistan's Terror against the World

Awesome

What do you mean by racial slur? Did you mean 'Paki?' What is so racial about it? This is not Britain, your benevolent creator; this is DFI and most of us are Indians. British law might say that the word 'Paki' is racist; but that law does not apply to us Indians. All of South Asia are the same race. 'Paki' is not a race, neither a racist slur.
PM, then it should not be so difficult to say Pakistani. Just saying the attractiveness of the offer to be a chew toy goes down a few notches.

AFAIK, a person from 'Kazakhstan' is called a 'Kazakh,' and is not a racist slur. Same for 'Afghan,' 'Uzbek,' 'Tajik,' 'Turkmen,' 'Bashkhir,' 'Tatar' etc..
There are a million and one reasons one can come up with. Badtameezi is one that comes to my mind as well.

If you were not aware, it is common practice for many African Americans to address fellow African Americans using the N-word.
My standard practice has been to prompt any Pakistani unaware of its racial slur status to correct themselves. So in this case its unacceptable pretty much how you cut it. You won't find me accepting the use of "Bhindis" for the same reason. Khair, thats me and this is you. I'm just preaching.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You're using racial slurs and then inviting me to stay and then challenging me not to run away. Accusing me of wanting mod powers would be a feel good method for yourself - not to mention the wonderful we're ISI agents theory :D :D but a little introspection would do you good.

Sir that is a slanderous comment and a criminal charge. I would just say you are mistaken. As IT professionals we have to deal with DDOS attacks working in a public domain such as the Internet. These theories always come about, these guys did it, those guys did it. It's best to do your private investigation and let the relevant authorities know. Kindly please exercise caution before you liberally assign charges.
Quite funny when DFI was exposing certain links related to a paki forum that it was taken down. Draw the conclusions. No one else would care to take down DFI otherwise.

And funny that a forum that is filled with slurs against Indians is expecting nothing in return. BTW paki is not a slur and i have seen pakis use it themselves.

pmaitra

There are a million and one reasons one can come up with. Badtameezi is one that comes to my mind as well.
It is unbecoming of a country like Pakistan, or someone from therein, to preach civility (tameez) when they themselves are not worthy of it.

If you want to know what real badtameezi is, then taking money from the US and at the same time hiding OBL in a garrison town comes to my mind. Now don't get me started on the conduct of the Pakistani Army in SWAT (recently) and East Pakistan (1971-72).

Shareef admi ko sharaafat sikhane ki zaroorat nahin padti!

Oracle

Whenever you hold out a mirror to a Pakistani, it boils down to them being the victim.

The whole world knows Pakistan's support to terrorists. Just yesterday Biden said that Pakistan is an unreliable allay. OBL was found in Abbot-a-bad sleeping with Ashphuck's wife. How could you Pakistanis even held your head high? Why is it that every other day we see a statement against Pakistan supporting terrorism? Or some Pakistani arrested somewhere in the world for terrorism?

You need some b@!!s to be the victim even when you are the state sponsoring terrorism, only pakis can do that.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You won't find me accepting the use of "Bhindis" for the same reason. Khair, thats me and this is you. I'm just preaching.
Arre Bhindi is not a racial slur against Indians. Its one of our widely used vegetables. I just love it and relish it quite often.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Pakistan WSJ Ad Unlikely to Change Narrative

Pakistan has taken out a half-page advertisement in The Wall Street Journal to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks in an attempt to shift what Islamabad feels is an anti-Pakistan narrative in the American media.

"Which country can do more for your peace?" the ad asks, sitting below a story on page A10 of the U.S. Journal's Saturday/Sunday edition titled "When the Towers Came Down."

"Since 2001 a nation of 180 million has been fighting for the future of world's 7 billion!" it continues."Can any other country do so? Only Pakistan"¦Promising peace to the world."

Pakistani army and civilian officials complain that in the U.S. their country is often portrayed in the media and by members of Congress as a double-dealing ally that takes billions of dollars in U.S. aid but secretly helps the Taliban kill U.S. soldiers.

Pakistan's leaders have been publicly trying to promote a competing narrative, but with almost no success.

In their telling, Pakistan did foster Islamist militant groups, first to fight Soviet troops in Afghanistan and then Indian soldiers in Kashmir. Pakistan military and civilian officials point out the U.S. was all for the Mujahideen war against Moscow in the 1980s. But in the past decade, Pakistan's army has severed its links with militants, who have unleashed a bloody war against Pakistan's army and government, according to Islamabad's narrative.

Pakistani officials regularly tell this version of events in public speechs and to visiting U.S. officials and journalists. The military has even made a local TV drama featuring real soldiers to publicize its sacrifices in the war against militants.

The advert in the Journal seeks to give the message to a wider audience.

To underline its point, the ad carries a picture of Benazir Bhutto, Pakistan's former prime minister who was assassinated by Islamist militants in 2007, next to the slogan, "The promise of our martyrs lives on"¦"

The ad cites a series of statistics. Almost 22,000 Pakistani civilians have died or been seriously injured in the fight against terrorism, the ad said. The army has lost almost 3,000 soldiers. More than 3.5 million people have been displaced by the fighting and the damage to the economy over the past decade is estimated at $68 billion, it added.

People will quibble with these statistics from a country where reporters often find it difficult to get basic data.

It was not clear whether the ad was carried in other U.S. publications. Pakistan's government also tried to place it in the New York Times. The Times asked for "more clarity in the ad about who was placing it," according to a spokeswoman for the newspaper. The Times did not hear back from the government and so has not yet run the ad, she said.

The ad as printed in the Journal carries a line at the bottom in small font saying "Government of Pakistan" next to a web address for the government. A spokeswoman for the Journal declined to comment.

Will the advertisement be effective in shifting the narrative? It's unlikely.

The points raised are all fair enough. Pakistan has been hammered by suicide bombings by Islamist militants against civilian and army targets. It's perhaps fair to say that many in the U.S. have failed to recognize the changes in Pakistan, especially in the past few years, that have led to its domestic war against militancy.

Still, many in the U.S. and elsewhere are likely to shrug their shoulders. In the U.S. and India, where Pakistani-based militants are viewed as a daily threat to security, many politicians, analysts and ordinary citizens blame Pakistan for failing to stop the export of terrorism and being selective in which Islamist militant groups they go after.

Pakistan has waged a war against homegrown Pakistan Taliban militants for the past three years, suffering large casualties. But U.S. defense officials say publicly they are concerned that the country continues to protect Afghan Taliban fighters that don't attack inside Pakistan. It's these fighters who use Pakistan soil as a base from which to launch attacks on U.S. forces in Afghanistan, they say.

Some U.S. officials say they believe Pakistan's argument that it's too stretched fighting the Pakistan Taliban to open new fronts in its war against militants. But many members of Congress and U.S. defense officials say Islamabad wants to keep ties strong with the Afghan Taliban so it can influence politics over the border once the U.S. pulls out its troops by 2014.

India blames Pakistan for failing to crack down on Lashkar-e-Taiba, the militant group which carried out the attacks on Mumbai in 2008, killing over 160 people, and has hit Indian targets in Afghanistan. LET has not carried out any attacks against the Pakistan state.

Pakistan WSJ Ad Unlikely to Change Narrative - India Real Time - WSJ

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Pakistan's ad in WSJ on 9/11 draws flak in US

Readers posted their reaction to the half-page advertisement in 'The Threat Matrix,' a blog of the Long War Journal, which is a publication focused on providing reporting and analysis on the global war on terror.

"This is quite humorous. They could do a hell of a lot for world peace by destroying their plethora of militant groups. Does any other nation have such an inflated sense of self worth (sic)," reads one of the over a dozen comments posted on the blog.

Another reader comments, "It would be nice if you would purge the ISI of Taliban/al Qaeda sympathisers, then launch assault into the FATA supported by heavy weapons and armour".

In the advertisement, which has a picture of assassinated former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, Pakistan asks, "Which country can do more for your peace".

It goes on to give statistics of bomb blasts, assassination plots against Pakistani leaders and civilian and military casualties that a "nation of 180 million" suffered while "fighting for the future of world's seven billion".

One reader comments, "Still no explanation how Osama bin Laden happened to live comfortably for a decade in a garrison town. Or the Haqqani network or the Quetta Shura, or their fertiliser factory providing the fuel for IEDs in Afghanistan".

Another says, "a country, which is the epicentre of global terrorism, on record of running terrorist training camps since the 1980s, protecting the Afghan Taliban that kills NATO soldiers, claims to be a victim of terrorism??!!"

"The sheer audacity of this advert comes from the fact that the Pakistani government and military leaders cannot or do not show any inclination to properly protect(ing) their own citizens let alone the worlds, as they continue to clandestinely support radical and extremist groups at the cost of their civilians lives".

One reader called the ad a "joke" and "downright offensive," saying if there was one day when Pakistan should stop with the "pretence of being our ally, it was yesterday".

He said a newspaper of the stature of the Wall Street Journal should not have published such an ad.

"Is this an ad or acceptance of a failed state. If one is not able to contain terrorism it is your own problem not of others. Pakistan has made a mockery of itself by broadcasting such an ad," read another comment.

Pakistan's ad in WSJ on 9/11 draws flak in US

Oracle

pmaitra,

Pakis not only mask themselves as Indians abroad to get a job and be accepted by people, but also hide in the internet for duplicity. One example is Troll Queen Jana of PDF masquerading in WAB as a Christian Indian women persecuted by Hindu terrorists. Alas! Staff found out and banned her. Even Asim Aquil knows that. They must be so ashamed of even being related to the word Pakistan.

pmaitra

pmaitra,

Pakis not only mask themselves as Indians abroad to get a job and be accepted by people, but also hide in the internet for duplicity. One example is Troll Queen Jana of PDF masquerading in WAB as a Christian Indian women persecuted by Hindu terrorists. Alas! Staff found out and banned her. Even Asim Aquil knows that. They must be so ashamed of even being related to the word Pakistan.
Interesting.

I am sure there are many such people who are paid for by ISI to carry out propaganda. Discussion fora, like DFI, BR, WAB, etc., are important tools that can help shape world opinion in the age of internet.

We are doing our part. :)

Blackwater

The only motive of Pak to give ad on WSJ is to get more AID (bheekh). Akhir bheekhari bheeg nahi mangega to jiye ga kaise." if begger don't beg how will he live and survive"

:whistle::whistle::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Interesting.

I am sure there are many such people who are paid for by ISI to carry out propaganda. Discussion fora, like DFI, BR, WAB, etc., are important tools that can help shape world opinion in the age of internet.

We are doing our part. :)
They probably have learnt from their taller and mountain friends a ala "50 cent army".
C

Awesome

Quite funny when DFI was exposing certain links related to a paki forum that it was taken down. Draw the conclusions. No one else would care to take down DFI otherwise.

And funny that a forum that is filled with slurs against Indians is expecting nothing in return. BTW paki is not a slur and i have seen pakis use it themselves.
Sir, when you have been in this business for as long a I have, we do not make careless remarks of legal natures. I only commented on the horrifying image I saw in the poster and it escapes me how such willful and intentional hate speech is allowed to exist.

This transcends beyond the acceptable norms of India vs Pakistan rivalry.

Awesome

Arre Bhindi is not a racial slur against Indians. Its one of our widely used vegetables. I just love it and relish it quite often.
Theek hai, I'll restrict my interactions to the point where it seems acceptable to engage in a decent manner. You will find that from 90% of experienced forum members you'd be hard pressed to elicit a response through many of the undignified comments above, whether they are Pakistanis or Indians.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Good, there are many threads here which would probably invite your attention. Focus on them and have a "dignified" debate. We are all too keen on it.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Sir, when you have been in this business for as long a I have, we do not make careless remarks of legal natures. I only commented on the horrifying image I saw in the poster and it escapes me how such willful and intentional hate speech is allowed to exist.

Please give up your straw man argument, there is nothing wrong in our rebuttal. It is fact based and counters Pak propaganda.

And don't worry we will not stoop down enough to start running a fake Pakistani forum.

LaBong

Not sure what is so horrific in that spoof but seriously, you want to talk of 'acceptable norms'. Isn't it you who had said (you know where):

From our perspectives, we reserve the right to attack you when we want, however we want, and with whatever force we want. You can have any policy you like or can dare to adopt.

Kashmir deserves its right to self-determination or Indian forces in Kashmir deserve to be attacked. Repeatedly. Take your pick. No excuses, no pussyfooting around it from us.
Hypocrisy much.

Awesome

Please give up your straw man argument, there is nothing wrong in our rebuttal. It is fact based and counters Pak propaganda.
Can you prove 180 million Pakistanis are engaged in any fight with the rest of the 7 billion in the world?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Can you prove 180 million Pakistanis are engaged in any fight with the rest of the 7 billion in the world?
The onus is on you to prove yourself "not guilty".

The world at large feels so. India was saying for decades you sponsor terror. World only realized it now and more so after OBL was caught "deep inside pakistan".

Awesome

Not sure what is so horrific in that spoof but seriously, you want to talk of 'acceptable norms'. Isn't it you who had said (you know where):

Hypocrisy much.
I stand by it, Kashmir is a disputed territory and any continuing occupation of it, can be dealt with how we wish to deal with it.

However with that said, my contention with India remains specific to Kashmir and Kashmir only.

I'm more or less interested in speaking for freedom, democracy and secularism within Pakistan and thats where you'll see the bulk of my efforts spent on.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles