Pakistan's reply to Agni 5 test: 350 kms Ra'ad

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan on Monday conducted a successful flight test of the indigenously developed Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) "Ra'ad", said an Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) press release.

The Ra'ad missile, with a range of 350 km, enables Pakistan to achieve 'strategic standoff capability' on land and at sea.

"Cruise Technology" is extremely complex and has been developed by only a few countries in the world. The state of the art Ra'ad Cruise Missile with stealth capabilities is a low altitude, terrain hugging missile with high maneuverability; can deliver nuclear and conventional warheads with pin point accuracy.

Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lieutenant General Zubair Mahmood Hayat, while congratulating the scientists and engineers on achieving yet another milestone of historic significance, termed it a major step towards strengthening Pakistan's full spectrum credible minimum deterrence capability. Pakistan's strategic pursuits are aimed at achieving strategic stability in the region, he said.

He appreciated the technical prowess, dedication and commitment of scientists who contributed whole heartedly to make this launch a success.

He showed his full confidence over operational preparedness of strategic forces including employment and deployment concepts, refinement and training of all ranks in operational and technical domains.

The successful launch has been commended by President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, who have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding achievement.

Pakistan conducts flight test of Ra'ad - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Video of the launch.

[video]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g73yz_dunya-news-pakistan-successfully-test-fires-nuclear-cruise-missile-ra-ad_news[/video]

Those guys must be crying, who so ever sanctioned the test forget to add zero after the range of the missile to be at least par with A5...........:rofl:

Neo

Video of the launch.

[video]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2g73yz_dunya-news-pakistan-successfully-test-fires-nuclear-cruise-missile-ra-ad_news[/video]

Those guys must be crying, who so ever sanctioned the test forget to add zero after the range of the missile to be at least par with A5...........:rofl:
I failed to see the ref to Agni V in the OP.
Did I mis something?

anupamsurey

Country flag
who is father? mother of this missile....i mean it is developed from which missile?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I failed to see the ref to Agni V in the OP.
Did I mis something?
Point being there is always a pathetic attempt from the neighbour to follow up on any missile test done in india.

We always have advance notices in media about any weapons test, at least 3 months advance notice. Where as neighbour's tests never seems to be announced in advance and almost all the time happen within a week after an indian test launch.

thethinker

Country flag
Talk about copycat approach.. Pakis will now have a full military parade with Chinese Premier as the chief guest :lol:

After 7 year gap, Pakistan Day to see military parade in full glory - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD: A joint military parade of Pakistan's armed forces will take place on Pakistan Day, sources said on Monday, after a gap of seven years.

"The decision has been made to hold a joint military services parade on March 23," a top military source told Dawn on the condition of anonymity.

The parade will be organised by joint staff headquarters in Rawalpindi, which oversees the three armed forces of Pakistan.The venue for the parade is yet to be finalised, with the two vast compounds shortlisted as potential sites.

Furthermore, a diplomatic source told Dawn that the Chinese President Xi Jinping is expected to attend the Pakistan Day parade as chief guest.

Both China and Pakistan are working out details of the Chinese president's visit through diplomatic channels.

Chinese authorities have been assured about maximum security during Jinping's upcoming visit.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Launching such Long range Missiles from Aircraft is something better. But Accuracy is the only Question.?

When India Fires the Brahmos from it's su 30 that's the Middle finger to Bakistan
@Neo and May I know which PAF Aircraft Launched the Ra'ad. and Suitable PAF Fighters who can launch the Ra'ad

Last edited by a moderator:

dastan

Lmao do these losers have to do this every time we test something .this has become amusing

Neo

Launching such Long range Missiles from Aircraft is something better. But Accuracy is the only Question.?

When India Fires the Brahmos from it's su 30 that's the Middle finger to Bakistan
@Neo and May I know which PAF Aircraft Launched the Ra'ad. and Suitable PAF Fighters who can launch the Ra'ad
Ra'ad is fully integrated with Mirage Rose and I believe the JF-17 block 2.

Neo

Point being there is always a pathetic attempt from the neighbour to follow up on any missile test done in india.

We always have advance notices in media about any weapons test, at least 3 months advance notice. Where as neighbour's tests never seems to be announced in advance and almost all the time happen within a week after an indian test launch.
GoP and PN regularly issue NOTAM's for testing. This and three more tests are expected soon.

pmaitra

I will leave it to your imagination, thank you. :namaste:
Sir, you surely agree that every time India tests a missile, Pakistan follows it with its own missile test, or do you not?

Even if this is imagination, it is based on observation of facts over a long period in the past.

Illusive

Country flag
who is father? mother of this missile....i mean it is developed from which missile?
China.......... all the way....
That was Babur, this was done i think with South Africa's aid, they had a project call MUPSOW

From wiki

The PAF by April 1999 had commenced contractual negotiations with Denel Aerospace of South Africa for co-development of a family of ALCMs under Project H-4. The first ALCM to be developed under Project H-4 was a 120km-range surgical missile armed with high-explosive runway-cratering bomblets, as well as a passive radiation seeker for targeting hostile ground-based air defence radars. This is a derivative of the MUPSOW ALCM that has been under development by Kentron since the early 1990s and incorporates twin side-mounted air intakes and fixed horizontal and vertical tailfins. Following two successful qualification flights of the MUPSOW, Pakistan and Kentron (Denel) began work on developing the 'Raad' by carrying out minor modifications to the MUPSOW's airframe, which included a stretched fuselage, a fixed ventral air intake and twin vertical tailfins, and incorporation of twin swivelling horizontal fins.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Ra'ad is fully integrated with Mirage Rose and I believe the JF-17 block 2.
so far I believe the Mirage only can launch the Raad and the JF 17 blk 2 designed to carry the CM-400AKG.

after Phasing out the Mirage from the PAF Fleet. may be the Future JF 17 can launch the Ra'ad

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
GoP and PN regularly issue NOTAM's for testing. This and three more tests are expected soon.
Good, it would be great if you can keep us posted then .

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Yes, the Indians on this thread have observed right. It is about H&D for our Paki friends. I remember that after Mangalyaan reached Mars, the Pakis launched something. A Paki news anchor was crowing about it as "retaliation" for Mangalyaan. Of course, only the Paki Urdu TV media can compare a 200 million km vehicle with a 300 km vehicle. But what to do saar, H&D is most important for Pakis.

dastan

@Redhawk you might also be interested in this peculiar attitude of Bakis :) For every Indian missile test there's a reply from across the border the very next day possibly to fool their people into thinking that they are not sitting ducks ;P

Global Defence

New threads

Articles