Pakistan's New Natural Gas Reserve Enough For 100 Years.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Those reserves sound great, even if somewhat specious at the moment, given the source.

Does Pakistan have the technical, technological and investible financial capacity to exploit these on a scale that will meet its requirements for the next few years, let alone the next 100?

I don't think Pakistan's problem has ever been the scarcity of natural resources. It is the exploitation of these.

jalsa

Will Pakistan become self sufficient in energy sector with this?

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Those reserves sound great, even if somewhat specious at the moment, given the source.

Does Pakistan have the technical, technological and investible financial capacity to exploit these on a scale that will meet its requirements for the next few years, let alone the next 100?

I don't think Pakistan's problem has ever been the scarcity of natural resources. It is the exploitation of these.
Financial capacity is there owing to the fact that government is charging Gas Infrastructure cess, which from nearly 6 million gas consumers in the country is more than enough even for the furture IPI and LNG projects.

As I said earlier Pakistani gas industry is 50 years old, and since 70s we have been designing and constructing our own pipelines without any foreign help. We did get some help from foreign contractors back in 60s but now Pakistani welders and designers are even working for foreign markets.

JBH22

Its good if PAKISTAN discovered this treasure hopefully its leaders will not steal everything and then blame the west and India to further propagate jihad.

Hypocrisy in Pakistan is rampant the elite enjoy the western lifestyle but feed its people with the goods of living modestly all using religion :)

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag

Financial capacity is there owing to the fact that government is charging Gas Infrastructure cess, which from nearly 6 million gas consumers in the country is more than enough even for the furture IPI and LNG projects.

As I said earlier Pakistani gas industry is 50 years old, and since 70s we have been designing and constructing our own pipelines without any foreign help. We did get some help from foreign contractors back in 60s but now Pakistani welders and designers are even working for foreign markets.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Its good if PAKISTAN discovered this treasure hopefully its leaders will not steal everything and then blame the west and India to further propagate jihad.

Hypocrisy in Pakistan is rampant the elite enjoy the western lifestyle but feed its people with the goods of living modestly all using religion :)
Slandering Pakistan on the thread for Natural Gas is uncalled for. As I have written earlier that nearly 3000 new town and villages have been connected in last 5 years and poor ppl are benefiting from that connection. I would also like to add here that in Pakistan domestic poor consumer pays Pakistani Rs 100 per unit for gas he uses while in India same consumer has to pay more than 1,500 Indian Rs per unit. It is India where elite are enjoying the western life style while poors have to take a dump out in the open even in cities like Bombay etc. while in Pakistan its the different story :)

JBH22

Slandering Pakistan on the thread for Natural Gas is uncalled for. As I have written earlier that nearly 3000 new town and villages have been connected in last 5 years and poor ppl are benefiting from that connection. I would also like to add here that in Pakistan domestic poor consumer pays Pakistani Rs 100 per unit for gas he uses while in India same consumer has to pay more than 1,500 Indian Rs per unit. It is India where elite are enjoying the western life style while poors have to take a dump out in the open even in cities like Bombay etc. while in Pakistan its the different story :)
Slandering !!! do you believe that I can do better than what is on going in world media.

Indian govt still heavily subsidise petroleum products and given that we don't produce gas or oil we have to pay the price :p

No need to get emotional whatever your elite does we also have same hypocrisy going on except here it has not gone to the extent of suicide bombing :)

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Slandering !!! do you believe that I can do better than what is on going in world media.

Indian govt still heavily subsidise petroleum products and given that we don't produce gas or oil we have to pay the price :p

No need to get emotional whatever your elite does we also have same hypocrisy going on except here it has not gone to the extent of suicide bombing :)
Sir I have quoted you prices of Bombay's gas distribution company and Pakistan's Natural Gas prices notification. Regarding the other issue now you are diverting to the issue of suicide bombing which have nothing to do with the Natural Gas sector.

Yes you have the same hypocrisy yet you criticize Pakistan. Get your house in order then advise me.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Moti Moti baat.

who will extract gas ?? pakistan ki aukat nahi:sad::sad:

Either ameeriki or chini companies will come to extract gas:lol::lol:

pakistan either will get nothing or get expensive gas:wave::wave::wave:
Pakis might end up paying for the same gas they own to its 2 illegal dads ie Amereeeki and Cheeeneee.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
That shows the level of concentration in kids these days.

Tolaha

@musalman: Are you sure that the price of gas is cheaper in Pakistan? Last time I heard, India had offered 200 mmcfd of LNG to Pakistan and this wouldnt have been news if the price in Pakistan was cheaper!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

Gas Industry in Pakistan is around 50 years old. Extraction and transportation is not a problem for us. At the moment major gas fields are owned by Pakistani companies. There is a very small US presence and Chinese presence in the Oil and Gas Industry is nearly zero.

Speaking of the Aukat, my friend we have been using piped gas for nearly 50 years, which was a fantasy for you Indian for many year. Just recently few areas in Indian major cities have been given piped gas :)

Speaking of Aukat, does ur pipe gas gives you cheaper and more gas??? BTW there was no gas in lahore for 4 days. there are no CNG too:lol::lol::lol:.whats the use of pipe when there is no gas.:taunt::taunt:

India is using electronic voting machine for the last 15 yrs. which is still distant dream and fantasy for u..

yesterday itself ,2 punjab constituency had by-election. booth capturing,firing,jali vote

But fact remains the same. you pakis will not be benefit from what ever coal,gas reserve u have:wave::wave:

Last edited:

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Having reserves is one thing and it's profitable extraction is different thing. One need to invest a huge sum of CASH before it can extract those world's xx biggest Coal, Gas, Copper, Gold, etc., reserves and security situation in Pakistan make it more difficult of a task with extra expenses in security.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
@musalman: Are you sure that the price of gas is cheaper in Pakistan? Last time I heard, India had offered 200 mmcfd of LNG to Pakistan and this wouldnt have been news if the price in Pakistan was cheaper!
India did not offer Pakistan LNG, it offered transportation of LNG to Punjab province through its Line. By that arrangement Pakistan won't have to construct a LNG regasification plant in Karachi and construct a 100 billion rupee line from Karachi to Punjab province. But Pakistan decided otherwise since by our own arrangement we won't be dependent on the Indian system.

Yes I am 100% sure about the prices

Last edited by a moderator:

Tolaha

India did not offer Pakistan LNG, it offered transportation of LNG to Punjab province through its Line. By that arrangement Pakistan won't have to construct a LNG regasification plant in Karachi and construct a 100 billion rupee line from Karachi to Punjab province. But Pakistan decided otherwise since by our own arrangement we won't be dependent on the Indian system.

Yes I am 100% sure about the prices
:dude: India "offered" LNG to Pakistan. And this was by importing, re-gasification and then transportation to the Pakistan border! Anyway, if possible, could you give some links? I couldnt compare by online data on a same-to-same basis!

Blackwater

Having reserves is one thing and it's profitable extraction is different thing. One need to invest a huge sum of CASH before it can extract those world's xx biggest Coal, Gas, Copper, Gold, etc., reserves and security situation in Pakistan make it more difficult of a task with extra expenses in security.
paki politicians are american citizen,army needs $$$$.sab bike hue ha. Imran khan ko 20% se jayada vote nahi milne

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Speaking of Aukat, does ur pipe gas gives you cheaper and more gas??? BTW there was no gas in lahore for 4 days. there are no CNG too:lol::lol::lol:.whats the use of pipe when there is no gas.:taunt::taunt:
As I have replied above yes there is curtailment for the CNG sector yet gas for all other sector is on. Curtailment for CNG does not mean no gas in the pipelines.

India is using electronic voting machine for the last 15 yrs. which is still distant dream and fantasy for u..
Good for you. I don;t think its GOP priority nor its any body dream here

yesterday itself ,2 punjab constituency had by-election. booth capturing,firing,jali vote
With your 15 years old high tech eletronic voting machine, I am sure there is zero percent rigging in India :p

But fact remains the same. you pakis will not be benefit from what ever coal,gas reserve u have:wave::wave:
I dunno about the dil being bacha I was referring to your damagh, as I said earlier we are using gas for last 50 years.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles