Pakistan's huge military procurement. Where are the funds coming from?

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Let's not preach the Bakis what they should do with their money. We must encourage them for more such deal, even force them to spend more on their Armed forces. This is the only way to keep Bakis weak and isolated. All Education, Medicare, Povery alleviation etc are ridiculous ideas for Bakis.
You mean get them into an arms race with us so that they are bled dry? Agreed! But then, remember their deeper than the ocean friend who is equipping them up to their gills with weapon platforms at bargain rates...Like buy one and get one free! :)

brational

Country flag
You mean get them into an arms race with us so that they are bled dry? Agreed! But then, remember their deeper than the ocean friend who is equipping them up to their gills with weapon platforms at bargain rates...Like buy one and get one free! :)
That will keep on happening. Elite Bakis and Baki Generals are the smartest lot. They have an internal nexus. Both are collectively making their awaam phool.:cowboy: For that deeper than ocean friend, we have to work on it. Bakis are already isolated. Their begging bowl has been destroyed. We should push China for early completion of BCIM corridor and we must involve them in as many Bullet Train projects with Financial assistance from China as soon as possible. We need to make them long term stake holder.:frog:

I_PLAY_BAD

well tbh i though i would never say this to you but, your right. every heard of a veiled response? ever since the 126 rafale deal died jet manufactures have been on over drive to sell their jets to india. at one point there was word going around of Sukhoi developing a more advanced mki based on the su-35. but what they kept quiet about was a internal weapons bay to the side of the engine intakes, like a f15-se(as shown on attached file) but the deal was off due to concerns about the jet that the current mki fleet face; high operation rate, low maintenance increments, engines need to be sent to russia for repairs. etc. also it would affect modis envision of make in india. because sukhoi is already making in india, this would not help. so the rafale deal was introduced. there was speculation that Dassault had enough of india for wasting 3 years on the deal to be signed. and in that time frame they found 2 customers already confirmed and signed. so a initial block deal of 36 was quickly introduced.
In business even if you find multiple customers meanwhile an off deal is still a loss.
We are talking billions baby, so it is bomb in the a$$ for Dassault...Sure it is a black mark on Dassault's business model that it had failed to consummate the deal with a poor and weak country such as India.
It is a simple deal and our needs were simple and still Dassault struggled to satisfy its customer. And, no customer can replace India. Our purchase is huge and Dassault had to give us extra benefits when we chose them over Eurofighter. But they were too business minded and burnt their hands. Pathetic!

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
obviously saudi arabia provides funds not only to pakland but also to indian mullahs and off course big daddy amreeka is always there.
Saudis are not much happy with Pakis since Pakis refused to assist in killing Shias in Yemen war.

So why would Saudis finance Pakis as usual if their mercenary Sunni Army can't be used in killing Shias?

sob

Mod
Country flag
@Sameet2 desist from personal attacks on other members.

If you cannot counter with facts, leave the thread alone.

sob

Mod
Country flag
@musalman Take it as final warning. Desist from personal attacks.

If you do not anything to contribute then get out of this thread.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Even deeper than the ocean friend cannot afford to give evrything on bargain price, even if their economical condition were stouter, which is not. Further, purchasing a weapon system alone doesn't make one good at that system unless you train your men religiously and tirelessly to become adept at that - like Indian armed forces do. Training costs money, and the more sophisticated the system is, the more high-maintenance that is. So, if Pakistan gets 8 Subs or 40 fighters, the maintenance cost will be more draining. Not to mention to gather that many intelligent technical people alone would be draining, since how good the madrassa education can be?! :)

Also, I would say we must be happy if Pakis get some of the chinese subs, and we can study them more closely since we have been building our anti-sub platforms for a while. The sonar signals and other stuff we can learn from these Pakistani subs, will prove invaluable if chinese come calling someday.

Btw, Pakis should at least start negotiating for some of the platforms. It will be boon for Indian Armed forces, as more and more of their wishlist will be fulfilled promptly, as even the fuckhead MoD and MoF babus will be kicked in the nuts if they don't clear the files with haste.

Brood Father

Country flag
1.It will be fatal to assume Pakistan is bankrupt or poverty stricken. Moreover, Pakistani people have always been ready to bear hardship for the sake of their military. This is something cultural and, may I say, Muslim. And Pakistan has allies who are interested in seeing her armed forces well equipped. PA has more than half a million active men. Reserves are of equal strength. There are thirteen Corps and twenty eight Divs. If you add up the Indep Bdes, Mujahids, FC and others Pakistan has a formidable land force.
2. PAF has always claimed qualitative superiority over IAF. In fact, Pakistanis attend to PAF's need earlier than PA's.
3.There are various reports suggesting that Pak nuke arsenal is only behind Russia's and US's.
4. I for one pray for peace in SA. These arms procurement and wars only help the Great Satan.
Quite a noble thought you have , I also want peace and prosperity
But sir we are not talking about "being muslim gives you edge over enemy" , I am sure it does and we have history to back this up , over here the OP is how Pakistan manage to get cash inflow despite being a begger and failed state .
And adding to its misery now Republicans are openly spewing venom against paki and adding to it even its mujahid ally UAE and Saudi are pissed with Pakistan becuase of its stand on Yemen war . Only master of Pakistan is now china . so its matter of time bakistan will officially will be called as begger nation

blue marlin

In business even if you find multiple customers meanwhile an off deal is still a loss.
We are talking billions baby, so it is bomb in the a$$ for Dassault...Sure it is a black mark on Dassault's business model that it had failed to consummate the deal with a poor and weak country such as India.
It is a simple deal and our needs were simple and still Dassault struggled to satisfy its customer. And, no customer can replace India. Our purchase is huge and Dassault had to give us extra benefits when we chose them over Eurofighter. But they were too business minded and burnt their hands. Pathetic!
France signed 2 deals each worth $4-$6 billion. i feel india shot its self in the foot, regardless of which government handled the deal. true india did propose a huge deal and no one country could compare to it, but incremental orders would prove to be a more successful source of income as opposed one large order.

rockey 71

Quite a noble thought you have , I also want peace and prosperity
But sir we are not talking about "being muslim gives you edge over enemy" , I am sure it does and we have history to back this up , over here the OP is how Pakistan manage to get cash inflow despite being a begger and failed state .
And adding to its misery now Republicans are openly spewing venom against paki and adding to it even its mujahid ally UAE and Saudi are pissed with Pakistan becuase of its stand on Yemen war . Only master of Pakistan is now china . so its matter of time bakistan will officially will be called as begger nation

Pakistan's absence in the Yemen affair comes up in various threads. But I suspect that when the dust settles we may find footprints of SSG and PAF there. Pakistan's involvement with the Saudi's - particularly Nawaz Sharif's personal equation with the royals is so deep that it is impossible to assume Pakistan will just let this one pass. That is in spite of all the overt ding and noises in the parliament and media.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Pakistan's absence in the Yemen affair comes up in various threads. But I suspect that when the dust settles we may find footprints of SSG and PAF there. Pakistan's involvement with the Saudi's - particularly Nawaz Sharif's personal equation with the royals is so deep that it is impossible to assume Pakistan will just let this one pass. That is in spite of all the overt ding and noises in the parliament and media.
Explain a bit about "dust settles".

Why would Saudis need SSG/PAF when things settle down?

Do they want SSG/PAF to do brooming job in the Yemen/Sanaa streets?

rockey 71

Explain a bit about "dust settles".

Why would Saudis need SSG/PAF when things settle down?

Do they want SSG/PAF to do brooming job in the Yemen/Sanaa streets?
We might find their footprints only after the war is over. SSG would be involved in training and covert ops - more hidden than against the Soviets. PAF pilots would be flying UAE and Saudi birds. Happened against Israel. Large number of PAF pilots and technicians are always present in Saudi Arabia and GCC as advisers,etc.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
We might find their footprints only after the war is over. SSG would be involved in training and covert ops - more hidden than against the Soviets. PAF pilots would be flying UAE and Saudi birds. Happened against Israel. Large number of PAF pilots and technicians are always present in Saudi Arabia and GCC as advisers,etc.

Yes many Baki & Bangladeshi present in GCC.

But you're right no way Turkey or Bakis can stand up to GCC & Egypt USA alliance. It's all show for cameras,

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
We need expert opinion on this issue than implying everything and anything. I will see If can read more on Pakistan economy to know what is sustaining it to become such an impulsive military security state. At BRF there is dedicated thread on Pakistan economy.

If I have read about Pakistan economy correctly then like China I can say for sure that there are many crook books. Tons of paper is printed every week to clock out money. Then there is aid being dolled out to them but still many things are exasperatingly difficult to explain.

Shiv's e-book on Pakistan has explained quite a lot on physiological part of ordinary Pakistanis who are groomed to live in poverty as it is Allah's wish, but on the other hand Army and its puppies enjoy better goodies and opportunity to thrive and proliferate.

Digressing: I have always believed that there can be no better way to punish Pakistan than targeting their export with more competitive prices and better quality products.

rockey 71

We need expert opinion on this issue than implying everything and anything. I will see If can read more on Pakistan economy to know what is sustaining it to become such an impulsive military security state. At BRF there is dedicated thread on Pakistan economy.

If I have read about Pakistan economy correctly then like China I can say for sure that there are many crook books. Tons of paper is printed every week to clock out money. Then there is aid being dolled out to them but still many things are exasperatingly difficult to explain.

Shiv's e-book on Pakistan has explained quite a lot on physiological part of ordinary Pakistanis who are groomed to live in poverty as it is Allah's wish, but on the other hand Army and its puppies enjoy better goodies and opportunity to thrive and proliferate.

Digressing: I have always believed that there can be no better way to punish Pakistan than targeting their export with more competitive prices and better quality products.
If you have the figures how much foreign aid including IMF/WB/ADB does each get? That is India and Pakistan.

arya

Country flag
Saudi uae and china helping them and now russia is moving away from us . Soon pakistan will be more dangerous as china improved there power . We india just using mouth exp our force is not upgrading

guru-dutt

Saudi uae and china helping them and now russia is moving away from us . Soon pakistan will be more dangerous as china improved there power . We india just using mouth exp our force is not upgrading
whats worse if tommorow pakistan agrees to do what saudies and UAE want they will be getting billions from them as as for the chabahar Vs gadawar corridoar all arab nations (specialli dubai)know both these corridoars are a grave threat to there future properrity hence deu to there hate for iran they will help (financial & militarry) to sabotage chabahar corridoar

hence its not just pakistanies and chinese but oil rich arab states and aswell USA also who are opposed to chabahar corridoar

what do we do know i guess the whole game depends on Iran as to what it wants cause by just completeing and oprationalising chabahar it can defete both USA/west and oil rich arab states question is will iran realli go the long way to support india as india is also a friend with israel and USA ?

but as for pakistanies well they will sure survive to fight another day but we if play it right can cut a deal with azad kashmir , iran , baluchitan and china....if you know what i mean

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
but as for pakistanies well they will sure survive to fight another day but we if play it right can cut a deal with azad kashmir , iran , baluchitan and china....if you know what i mean
Its in China's interest to use Pakis as a tool to bog India down for as long as they can, among other things. Eventually, they'll have to settle with us, but I don't see that happening for decades till we become sufficiently big enough in all aspects.

Immanuel

Country flag
1.It will be fatal to assume Pakistan is bankrupt or poverty stricken. Moreover, Pakistani people have always been ready to bear hardship for the sake of their military. This is something cultural and, may I say, Muslim. And Pakistan has allies who are interested in seeing her armed forces well equipped. PA has more than half a million active men. Reserves are of equal strength. There are thirteen Corps and twenty eight Divs. If you add up the Indep Bdes, Mujahids, FC and others Pakistan has a formidable land force.
2. PAF has always claimed qualitative superiority over IAF. In fact, Pakistanis attend to PAF's need earlier than PA's.
3.There are various reports suggesting that Pak nuke arsenal is only behind Russia's and US's.
4. I for one pray for peace in SA. These arms procurement and wars only help the Great Satan.
Look friend, brigade of roughly over 3000 IA soldiers forced 97,000 Paki Army regulars into surrender :) in 1971 while rescuing your nation from genocide, so by this math, we only need about a division size strength to ensure 500000 PA troops surrender. :pound:Jokes asides, we in India aren't sitting around holding our dicks alone waiting for the uber powerful PA, for every trick they have we have 10 counters ready to move. Secondly PAF never achieved qualitative adv. over IAF, their' claims have always been over the top, lacking hard facts. If anything PAF had about 12 hrs of advantage of surprise that comes along while being the initiator of conflict. IAF was always able enough to teach them a hefty lesson. IAF also does this while flying more than twice the amount of sorties, flying hrs etc.

As for their nuke arsenal, well sure they have over 90 warheads, but India had enough material for that number over 12 years ago. Looking at past, current production rates of all ballistic missiles (including Prithvi 1/2, Agni1/2/3/4/5) in India since late nineties, even the most conservative estimates suggest India already has over 850 ballistic missiles deployed, even if only 40% of the missiles are slated for nuke warheads, we are looking at over 300 warheads. Which essentially means, India already has the world's 4th largest arsenal for at least 4 years now. you'll never hear any official confirmation about it. Its really stupid all the 'think tanks' know that India has more material but for some reason they keep assuming India hasn't weaponized them. Our main threat is China and not Pak regardless how important the Pakis think they are, they really aren't. We only need about 100 for Pak, the rest is needed for China. China being vastly larger requires a higher number of missiles for complete assured destruction, as well as plenty of reserves incase certain strategic sights fall prey enemy strikes, by 2020 we are easily looking at over 500 warheads for sure.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles