Pakistan's Geo News 'blocked' for equating Kashmir with Balochistan

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

Pakistan's Geo News 'blocked' for equating Kashmir with Balochistan
Geo News blocked (@PakPressWatch)(Twitter)
If the curbs imposed on media freedom were not lifted by today, the group would not only move the court with full force, but will also strongly raise the issue on the streets," Geo News spokesperson said.

Pakistan's Geo News television channel has reportedly been blocked for equating 'Kashmir' with 'Balochistan'.
Access to the television channel was blocked in Karachi last night by moving it to the last numbers, which made it totally inaccessible in many areas.
This is the second time that Geo News is being penalised for voicing its freedom of speech. In April 2014, Geo News was completely shut down and fined Rs. 20 million for airing blasphemous content and ridiculing the judiciary.
We request journalists across Pakistan to attend #iSupportGeo protests against shutdown of @geonews_urdu in Karachi pic.twitter.com/XHL5LtTTzs

— Pakistan Media Watch (@PakPressWatch) July 30, 2016
A channel spokesperson said that if the curbs imposed on media freedom were not lifted by today, the group would not only move the court with full force, but will also strongly raise the issue on the streets, and sensitize local and international forums. He was quoted as saying, "We would be compelled to reveal the entire situation and incidents, with all proof. All demands being made to us and the conditions being imposed to pressure us would also be made public which would expose the affiliations of many so-called respected notables."
He added that Karachi is just a small part of this continuous situation that the media channel has been facing in some secure and sensitive areas where it is practically blocked completely. He also repeated the demand for the formation of an independent commission to investigate all affairs, including the false allegations and the ban on Geo News.
The spokesman alleged that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is responsible for this as he is the chief executive and head of all national institutions. Reacting to the complaint received from the channel, the Pakistan Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has sought the assistance of the Federal Government and local law enforcement agencies to act against those cable operators who have resorted to illegal disruption of Geo News in Karachi.
According to a press release issued by PEMRA on Saturday, Chairman Absar Alam has invoked Section 33-A of PEMRA Ordinance 2002, seeking "immediate assistance from Federal Government to take action against PEMRA law violators in Karachi".
PEMRA said it has also ordered 11 cable operators, namely Home Vision, City/GIA, New DIGI, Tracks, KCS, Global Cable, Karachi Cable, Skyline, Show Time, Universal Production, and Sky Multi Services, to immediately restore Geo News at the position at which it was being relayed on 28th July.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

airtel

Country flag
GEO NEWS = NDTV of Porkistaan ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
GEO NEWS = NDTV of Porkistaan ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Geo news reporters and editors get shot(true story) over there, but unfortunately we don't do the same over here to NDTV. Is it?

Zulfiqar Khan

Balochistan Separatist Movements cannot be compared to Kashmir because they have no local support; they are a bunch of old starving men hiding in some isolated cave with no weapons or supplies to keep the insurgency going. Over 400 surrendered last year and BLA leadership is in talks with the Government for an all-out surrender.

Baloch tribes and militias fighting the (now dead) insurgency far outnumber those who are fighting for the insurgency. My tribe (mother's side) especially had to endure forced recruitment and bullying by the BLA when they actually held power.

With arms support from Pashtun tribes in KPK; we were led by Siraj Raisani and liberated Barkhan and Kohlu (2007-2011) without the support of security forces.

Another major force led by Shafiq Mengal liberated territory the size of Jordan by 2009.

Balochistan only has support abroad now; from those who fled Pakistan after 1960's and 1980's land reforms in which Zamindars (elite landlord class) had to distribute property equally to peasants and labor-bond slaves.

I invite you guys to Balochistan and yell out 'Balochistan Azadi' (or something like that) and see how the local population reacts; it'll be Pakistani security forces that'll come to save your behinds.

As we speak there are mass-protests in Balochistan against GEO news.

Balochistan can be more compared to Khalistan.

This video was from a month ago when Pakistan Army asked for village militia volunteers (without salary); it ended up attracting tens of thousands of Baloch people to join.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Balochistan Separatist Movements cannot be compared to Kashmir because they have no local support; they are a bunch of old starving men hiding in some isolated cave with no weapons or supplies to keep the insurgency going. Over 400 surrendered last year and BLA leadership is in talks with the Government for an all-out surrender.

Baloch tribes and militias fighting the (now dead) insurgency far outnumber those who are fighting for the insurgency. My tribe (mother's side) especially had to endure forced recruitment and bullying by the BLA when they actually held power.

With arms support from Pashtun tribes in KPK; we were led by Siraj Raisani and liberated Barkhan and Kohlu (2007-2011) without the support of security forces.

Another major force led by Shafiq Mengal liberated territory the size of Jordan by 2009.

Balochistan only has support abroad now; from those who fled Pakistan after 1960's and 1980's land reforms in which Zamindars (elite landlord class) had to distribute property equally to peasants and labor-bond slaves.

I invite you guys to Balochistan and yell out 'Balochistan Azadi' (or something like that) and see how the local population reacts; it'll be Pakistani security forces that'll come to save your behinds.

As we speak there are mass-protests in Balochistan against GEO news.

Balochistan can be more compared to Khalistan.

This video was from a month ago when Pakistan Army asked for village militia volunteers (without salary); it ended up attracting tens of thousands of Baloch people to join.
Hmm so your Forces were "liberating" the areas compared to the size of Jordan, 400 odd Baloch surrender just 5 year back and here you are comparing it with Khalistan (Indian Punjab) which outperform Paki economy per capita, HDI etc etc

Tell me when was the last time Indian Army had to liberated our own territory in Punjab or even in Kashmir ?

And if number of fighters is your logic for separatist movement then Kashmir has less than 200 active terrorist, including Terrorists from Pakistan especially from Punjab.

Remember your ugly Malnourished jihadi Bahadur Ali who is a native of Lahore.

Zulfiqar Khan

Hmm so your Forces were "liberating" the areas compared to the size of Jordan, 400 odd Baloch surrender just 5 year back and here you are comparing it with Khalistan (Indian Punjab) which outperform Paki economy per capita, HDI etc etc
The insurgency is dormant and dead; so I can compare it to the Khalistan insurgency which is also dormant and dead.

Why did you bring per capita and HDI into this?
Why not compare Pakistan's Punjab with Indian Punjab?

And if number of fighters is your logic for separatist movement then Kashmir has less than 200 active terrorist, including Terrorists from Pakistan especially from Punjab.
Yes; In Balochistan people don't go running out to the streets throwing rock at security personnel, wave the flag of India, or chant for freedom - Kashmir is in a total state of unrest. Insurgency and unrest are two different things.

Remember your ugly Malnourished jihadi Bahadur Ali who is a native of Lahore.
Oh yea; that guy you gave a false identity to. I have friends that live in Raiwind; first thing when I heard that news was that I called them - they laughed at the sham.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Balochistan Separatist Movements cannot be compared to Kashmir because they have no local support
In that case, these were Kashmiris themselves who reported us about militants. You know, we didn't have a dream that there's our muzzie located and we hit there to halal him.

FYI, that stone Pelter patriotic Kashmiri youth is only found in major cities like SriNagar. Population of Kashmir is nearly 15 million. So, if they wanted to push us out, they would have done it long ago.
And why Balochistan can't be compared to Kashmir?
As I told before India isn't Pakistan.
By that I meant India isn't as hypocrite (though no diplomatic voice against India, still hypocrite) as Pakistan.
In 47, you divided our country, then, claimed our territory with support of your Kabaili fighters (lost nearly 4 times than ours).

In support of your so called freedom fighters, you have been crying over referendum in Kashmir (without completing any single condition kept by UNO) but at the same time, you guys are only country in the world who calls Mukti Bahini a terrorist group even after such huge public support.
And same goes for Balochistan issue. You created Taliban as your national heroes, then, divided them into good and bad Taliban.
According to you, terrorist harming you is terrorist but doing so with India is a freedom fighter.

As far as Kashmir is concerned, we gave you 30% territory in 1947 against valid 23%. So, asking for more territory is out of the question.
Plus, Kashmir has a Hindu, Buddhist and Suffist history. We don't care if some madarsaa educated wahabis run pelting stones, shooting and blasting themselves (as happens in land of their arab masters).
Honestly saying, Nehru was too a fool to let away our territory to make Pakistan. Muslims who wanna live in India can stay, we received people from dozens of cultures, but if you think yourself a different breed, please go to hell or from wherever have you entered here. My country won't be divided for foreigners.
The insurgency is dormant and dead; so I can compare it to the Khalistan insurgency which is also dormant and dead.
I can agree about Sindhudesh but not Balochistan.
khalistan movement is dead and protests usually don't occur inside the country.
If small protests occur inside Balochistan in few cities, it means it isn't completely suppressed from inside the country. Similar, one is Kashmir where few protests occur in few colonies of ikka dukka cities Srinagar (though, it's hyped in Pakistan asif entire Kashmir is going to eat India up.:p)
Indian Punjab is too small.
Why don't you compare PoK(you call AJK) with Indian Kashmir.
Indian Kashmir is way ahead of not only AJK but even Pakistan.
Why not compare your entire country with one Indian State Maharashtra?
Why don't you compare your per capita income, literacy, percentage of population having access to mobile phones and internet, HDI, IHDI, GHI, education index, life expectancy, population growth rate, where to be born index and quality of life Index etc. with India? o_O

You know, there was a time when our GDP per capita was less than your half. Then, we sustained your double GDP per capita growth rate for 20 years and overtook you. First in PPP, then, in nominal. We are projecting your triple rate now.:p
We overtook you in HDI in 1991 and IHDI in 1995. We're still moving faster.
Overtook you in Literacy rate and percentage of population using internet last decade (now we're your double in percentage.) and accessing mobile phones this decade (though we were better in education index from much earlier).
Most recently, we got ahead in per capita electrical output, life expectancy, Global Hunger Index. Our poverty ratio has too got only 7.7% for now (ask for sources).
For a person, we have way higher roads, highways, trains.
Our innovation index too is way higher.
If you wanna ask about open defecation, I have got new data, we are well ahead of deadline and eradicating faster than any country.
And if you know, Pakistan was way way ahead of India in almost all of above mentioned indices.:rolleyes:
Further, if projections go on, we'll have double GDP per capita and electrical output.
And again, Indian Kashmir has an HDI 0.595 against Pakistan average 0.538.
Yes; In Balochistan people don't go running out to the streets throwing rock at security personnel, wave the flag of India, or chant for freedom - Kashmir is in a total state of unrest. Insurgency and unrest are two different things.
It can only be called unrest if happens at least in some substantial part of state, not only in a single city's specific area. It's mere an insurgency, soon will be fader than even Balochistan.
Oh yea; that guy you gave a false identity to. I have friends that live in Raiwind; first thing when I heard that news was that I called them - they laughed at the sham.
What else you can do. Even Osama was photoshopped in land of purr. Pakistan (who actually started jihad on the name of Islam) is a saint. It's a sazishh of evil kaffirs.:D

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Its as alive as Kashmir Jihad, even more casualties and deaths, bomb blast etc at regular interval, attacks on Radar stations etc.

There is 0 terror incident in Punjab apart from Pathankot which was executed by Paki terrorists who are notorious all over the world as terrorists.

Lol Pak Punjab, how many Malls in Pak Punjab, what is the per capita, industrial output and HDI ?

We can give you same results if we are allowed to to use 1/4 of force Pakis deploy in Balochistan since decades. The difference here is appeasement. You killed Nawab Bugti but India don't even arrest Hurriyat leaders.

I mean, we fire pellet gun and protesters forgot Kashmir in 10 days, whereas Pakis use Genocide and Mass Rapes to suppress the voice in Baluchistan but still fail to do so in 7 decades.

they laughed at the sham.
Keep laughing while the world laugh at you as a biggest exporter of Jihadis, suicide attackers and brainwashed by conspiracy theories.

When Pakis disown the bodies of uniform soldiers in Kargil why would they some little terrorist like Musa, Abdul, Gaffur or Kasab lol

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Porkies Nage ho gaye hai. Aise bhi nange hi the lekin Ab nanga hoke bazar main ghum na lage hai. This is a total regression.

salute

@Indx TechStyle

rndtv is encouraging pakis media otherwise who gonna pay attention to their bs ,

only because of indian media like rndtv , paki media getting some relevance or paki media thinks they getting some relevance otherwise even pakis must be ignoring their bs rant .

hardip

सुदर्शन चेनल

Sab se achchha hai..
kum se kum indian ke dusmano aur india me chhupe Gaddar o ki baat to karta hai.. Yehi channel ko sab Indians ko dekhna chahiye... also Z news

bakwaas ndtv / india today.. ko Pakistani channel karar d
ena chahiye..

hardip

India ki jyadatar news channels par News cut debet jyada chalti hai... jaise Government yahi se chalti ho...
aisa dikha rahe ho jaise.. pura india Unke is (trp jutaau) drama ko dekh rahi ho..

Hinduism ko terrorists dikhane me koi kasar nai chhodte.. aur. U.p, bihar, aur Kashmir me jakar apna sting operation ya vahan chal rahe jangle raaj / mafia ke kale karnamo / aur sapratisr ke anti indian ko kabhi reporting nai karte na hi hamare SAHID jawano ke parivaaro ke ghar jaa kar Unke dil ka haal janane nai jaate..
han Kashmir me ek suvar mara gaya uske adhikar ki us ku...I.. barkha aur lo...n..e raj deep sardesai ko chinta hai..

vo live kaniya kutte ka interview dikha sakte hai
par TV pe jai hind.aur van de Mataram ke nare nai dikha sakte..

aise bhadvo ko laat mar ke desh se nikal dena chahiye..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles