Pakistanis refuse to call our country as India

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
From OP, one thing that immediately struck me was linking Urdu and Bharat. Urdu language always uses "Hindustan" people of the region beyond Sindh. India again is for people beyond Indus.

One thing actually common between the Pak demand with many in India is that they want to use the historical/mythological term Bharat. Pak for all the wrong reasons, and Indians for the right region.

Pkes should know that Bharat is officially a name of India. We choose to use whatever convenient.

Adux

Country flag
I like Bharat, it is much more indian than India

Blackwater

Recently I found out that the Pakistanis refuse to call our country as India .

They say that the name India is based on the Indus river which runs in Pakistan . Hence they say that only the undivided India could be called India .

They call this country Bharat and us as Bharatis .

Here's a typical paki diatribe against India --

copy/paste--

I had no desire to inflame Indians by calling them bhartis. Bharat is an official name of your country, In Urdu we refer to India as Bharat. I have serious reservation over Bharat naming itself India. The name India was shared between both Pakistan and Bharat. Originally it was applied only to Indus valley which Alexander invaded but later it was applied to whole south Asia. When Pakistan gained its independence from Britons it might have been logical for the new state in the Indus valley to take the name India or even Industan as the valley was called by English sailors but our founder rejected this name given by invaders. We have our history to be proud of and do not need to take the name/identity from invaders. Since you Indians had no history Nehru was right to steal the name India from Indus valley Pakistanis to claim as theirs. You people have nothing to be proud of, it is Pakistanis who should be that Indian ocean is named after their river Indus. You people are known throughout the world due to the achievements of Pakistani ancestors. Jinnah was furious when Bharat chose the name India and felt bharat had hijacked Pakistan's millennia of civilization.

Pakistani press in its early years used to call India "Bharat" and referred to Indians as "Bharatis.", obviously Pakistani civilian leadership of that time were against this bharati fraud. Even president Eisenhower once referred to Nehru as the "Prime Minister of 'Bharat. It was only after military coup when the loser general Ayub Khan came to power that attitude of the Pakistani press changed bharat became India. Some self defeatist Pakistanis didn't care about losing their identity to Bhartis but many did care. Pakistan is a child of Indus and I always try my best to not call Bharat as India, since this our heritage and you people have no history this is why you are trying to rob us of our history. I am not the only person who calls Indian bharti there are thousands out there. Why not call yourself bhartis what wrong with this name Bharata was a legendary Hindu hero. You people are obviously suffering from identity crises.
Well i can i say in pakistaniyo ki kya aukat ha duniya me. For them Pakistan came into existence before India or earth

Blackwater

Our Long term goal. Once done Then everyone can call Akhand Bharat. As of now call India only. :)

Insha Allah but i have Q.. wat will we do with zahil insaan hamid ??????

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Hinduism or some aspects of it, have to be appreciated by the Government of India , as it is the history of this land. Secularism doesnt mean you forget your history and traditions. Bharat has nothing to do with Hinduism rather like the Mauryan Empire, it gives a physical aspect to the idea of India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharata_(emperor)

These maps are ridiculous..

I like Bharat, it is much more indian than India

India is like a brand name!

Just like Germany, no one around the world will call it 'Deutschland'.. No one will call China 'Zhonghua', or Japan 'Nippon'.. And no one will call India, 'Bharat' other then Indians. Keep it that way.

India, Hindustan, Bharat. Keep all the three!

Last edited:

agentperry

hmmm they should take care about their own name... sindh made mandarin compulsory in all govt schools..so in near future... pakistan wat??? u mean pakzang

Tronic

I actually used to argue that we should refer to "India" as "Bharat". Reading this however, since the name "India" gets Pukistani goats, I'm loving the name India. ;)

Adux

Country flag
Funny isnt it. That Chinese bring these ridiculous maps, and they get them done. This is no more crazy than that. Have you seen how China claims all those islands, parts of mongolia , russia, japan, tibet etc etc; check it out, you wont find this ridiculous anymore

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag

India is like a brand name!

Just like Germany, no one around the world will call it 'Deutschland'.. No one will call China 'Zhonghua', or Japan 'Nippon'.. And no one will call India, 'Bharat' other then Indians. Keep it that way.

India, Hindustan, Bharat. Keep all the three!
Maps are never ridiculous. At that time, neither was I present nor you. And very little is known about that map. When Mauryan Empire can cover entire subcontinent including Afghanistan then why are you so surprised or I should say irritated by this map? Many Indian rulers have extended their empire till Indonesia and this map is even older. WHO KNOWS WHAT THE TRUTH IS?

Now your way of speaking about Bharat is weird. Its obvious that a person who knows only English, German or any particular language must have only heard about 'India' not Bharat so they call it that way. Likewise how many of us knows about every event of Civil War in detail or about the entire history of US on a descent basis.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
there is only one appropriate response to a topic such as this:

:pound::pound:
unlike. This is no way to show response. Not expected this from an mod.
Please dont abuse any nationality here on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Mahatma Gandhi ki jai hooo
How will you feel if your nation`s name have been edited in place of Pakistan`s or even India? So please think about there people`s sentiments if not about their leaders.
(btw its a different thing that this video made me laugh a lot because of the language used) :pound:

Blackwater

How will you feel if your nation`s name have been edited in place of Pakistan`s or even India? So please think about there people`s sentiments if not about their leaders.
Cha Cha nehru ki jai ho. Dil pe mat le yaaaar. Iam talking about video just enjoy and forget

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles