Pakistanis Illegally Migrating to EU Posing as Syrian Refugees: Report

blueblood

Preying on a humanitarian crisis. What more can you expect from these bottomfeeding niglets.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11509101
Why the ruckus? Al Bakistanis are bonafide Arabs.:lol: My dear Europeans, you've just won a lottery rest of the world is too afraid to cash. Congratulations!!!

Among those who had no second thoughts about ditching their true identity was Rafik from Pakistan.

"I'm leaving my old life behind," said Rafik, who gave only his first name because he feared repercussions when applying for asylum in Germany. "I'm starting a new one."

"I don't have a passport, nor any other identity paper," he said, as he dashed under the fence into Hungary. "Let's see which country they will choose to kick me back to."

So anywhere but Pakistan. @Neo, its time to come clean.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Preying on a humanitarian crisis. What more can you expect from these bottomfeeding niglets.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11509101
How could jooo phorgett calling Pakis members to comment.

@blue marlin @Neo @Zarvan @Raja.pakistani : Instead of accepting your Ummah Chummah Muslim brothers you are fleeing your own country under disguise of Syrians to a Kafir land? Pakistan was supposed to be created so all Muslims can come to Pakistan and live safely.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Why the ruckus? Al Bakistanis are bonafide Arabs.:lol: My dear Europeans, you've just won a lottery rest of the world is too afraid to cash. Congratulations!!!
Among those who had no second thoughts about ditching their true identity was Rafik from Pakistan.
"I'm leaving my old life behind," said Rafik, who gave only his first name because he feared repercussions when applying for asylum in Germany. "I'm starting a new one."

"I don't have a passport, nor any other identity paper," he said, as he dashed under the fence into Hungary. "Let's see which country they will choose to kick me back to."

So anywhere but Pakistan. @Neo, its time to come clean.
This Rafik was scared that his FB account would be found by @Rowdy and he would post all his gun holding pics and "Allah Hu Akbar and Kill Infidels" type messages etc.

See here what I am talking about -> Rowdy's sincilating find of a Terrorist who would live in Finn PM house

blue marlin

How could jooo phorgett calling Pakis members to comment.

@blue marlin @Neo @Zarvan @Raja.pakistani : Instead of accepting your Ummah Chummah Muslim brothers you are fleeing your own country under disguise of Syrians to a Kafir land? Pakistan was supposed to be created so all Muslims can come to Pakistan and live safely.
great you again! what do you want me to do exactly? we are taking in 20,000+ refugees and many european countries are doing the same. pakistan is not as bad as syria but i would assume the circumstances in some parts of the country are bad, or they are just desperate to go to Europe, for a better life as would anyone.

Neo

13,000 Indians applied for asylum in the last 2 years
Kounteya Sinha,TNN | Mar 24, 2014

LONDON: Nearly 13,000 Indians applied for asylum in 44 industrialised countries in the last two years, figuring among the top asylum seekers in countries like Australia, Cyprus, Lithuania and Japan.

The UN Refugee Agency's latest Asylum Trends 2013 report says 612,700 people applied for asylum in North America, Europe, East Asia and the Pacific last year - the highest total for any year since 2001.

According to the latest data, 6998 Indians applied for asylum in 2012 - the number dipping by 16% to 5872 in 2013.

While India was ranked 18th among asylum applications in 2012, it dropped to 26th the following year.

Europe was the top destination for Indian asylum seekers - 6300 applications in 2012 and 2013.

As many as 1393 Indians wanted asylum in Canada and US while 1162 wanted to live in Australia and New Zealand.

Around 165 Indians applied for asylum in Korea.

In comparison, the number of Pakistani asylum seekers increased from 23,640 to 26310 between 2012 and 2013.

Bangladesh too saw a 47% increase in asylum seekers - 6583 in 2012 to 9659 in 2013.

The report confirms a sharp rise in asylum claims in 44 industrialised countries over the course of last year, driven primarily by the crisis in Syria.

Reflecting a shifting international dynamic, Afghanistan, which in the previous two years was the world's principal country of origin for asylum-seekers, ranked third in terms of new claims behind Syria and the Russian Federation.

Among the top-10 countries of origin, six are experiencing violence or conflict - Syria, Afghanistan, Eritrea, Somalia, Iraq and Pakistan.

"There is clear evidence in these numbers of how the Syria crisis in particular is affecting countries and regions of the world far removed from the Middle East," said UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres.

For 2013, the biggest increase in asylum applicants by region was in the 38 countries of Europe which together received 484,600 claims - an increase of a third from 2012. Germany was the largest single recipient with 109,600 new asylum claims. France (60,100) and Sweden (54,300) were also major receivers.

The United Kingdom ranked sixth among the 44 countries, with 29,200 applications received in 2013, equal to a five per cent share of the total number of asylum seekers in industrialised countries.

The top five countries of origin of asylum seekers in the UK are: Pakistan (4,507), Iran (2,946), Sri Lanka (2,246), Syria (2,032) and Albania (1,587). The number of Syrian asylum seekers in the UK in 2013 grew considerably compared to 500 claims in 2011 and almost 1,300 claims in 2012.

Turkey, currently the biggest refugee-hosting country in Europe due to the Syria crisis (a registered Syrian refugee population of 640,889 as of March 18) also saw 44,800 asylum claims lodged last year, mainly from nationals of Iraq and Afghanistan. Italy received 27,800 claims and Greece 8,200.

North America received the second highest number of asylum claims, amounting to nearly 98,800 in total. Here, however, the main country of origin of applicants was China.

Canada, with its recent changes in asylum policies, received some 10,400 claims - half the number seen in 2012 (20,500). The United States (88,400) has long been a leading country of asylum in industrialised countries, and in 2013 was second only to Germany in the number of applications received.

In East Asia and the Pacific, both Japan (3,300) and the Republic of Korea (1,600) received higher numbers of claims relative to previous years. Australia (24,300) too saw a significant rise from 2012 levels (15,800), putting it almost on par with levels seen in Italy.

Asylum-seekers arriving in industrialised countries undergo individual assessments to determine whether they qualify for refugee status.

For the 44 industrialised countries mentioned in the Asylum Trends report, acceptance rates vary widely and tend to be higher among people fleeing conflict.

Acceptance rates for people from Syria, Eritrea, Iraq, Somalia and Afghanistan, for example are between 62% and 95%.

Acceptance rates from nationals of the Russian Federation and Serbia are significantly lower at around 28% and 5% respectively.

sorcerer

Country flag

sorcerer

Country flag
The distinction between asylum seekers and refugees
Legal: MW 70 There is much confusion in the media and in public debate generally about asylum seekers, refugees and economic migrants. This paper defines these terms and explains the extent to which these categories overlap. It is written from the point of view of the laws and immigration practices of the United Kingdom but its contents are of general application in other countries in Europe, North America and elsewhere which are parties to the 1951 United Nations Convention on the Status of Refugees (1951 Refugee Convention).

"Asylum seeker" means a person who has applied for asylum under the 1951 Refugee Convention on the Status of Refugees on the ground that if he is returned to his country of origin he has a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, political belief or membership of a particular social group. He remains an asylum seeker for so long as his application or an appeal against refusal of his application is pending.

"Refugee" in this context means an asylum seeker whose application has been successful. In its broader context it means a person fleeing e.g. civil war or natural disaster but not necessarily fearing persecution as defined by the 1951 Refugee Convention.

"Economic migrant" means a person who has left his own country and seeks by lawful or unlawful means to find employment in another country. As will be explained later, many asylum seekers are in fact economic migrants who hope to secure entry into the United Kingdom by claiming asylum.

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefingPaper/document/70

sorcerer

Country flag
Illegal Pakistani workers kicked out of East London - Funny pakistani idiots

Australian govt warns Pakistani asylum-seekers against illegal entry

The Australian government is warning Pakistani asylum-seekers against attempting to illegally enter the country.

In an advertisement printed in Pakistani newspapers on Friday, the Australian government warned readers against getting duped by people smugglers claiming they can transport them to Australian waters in hopes of getting asylum.

Written in bold at the top of the advertisement are the words: “NO WAY. You will not make Australia home.”

“If you get on a boat without a visa , you will not end up in Australia. Any vessel seeing to illegally enter Australia will be intercepted and safely removed beyond Australian waters,” reads the advertisement.

It adds that the rules apply to all: “Families, children, unaccompanied children, educated and skilled”.

The ad is worded in English, Urdu, Pashto, Dari, and Hazargi languages.

“No matter who you are or where you are from, you will not make Australia home. Think again before you waste your money. People smugglers are lying,” warns the Australian government.

The advertisement is part of a campaign “Operation Sovereign Borders”, a military-led border security initiative by the government to combat maritime people smuggling and protect Australia’s borders.

“Australia is serious about protecting its borders and will stop anyone who attempts to come illegally by boat…[People] should not believe the lies of smugglers and there is no way they will make Australia home," warns the government on the OSB website.

Australia has toughened its policy on asylum-seekers in recent years, with those arriving on unauthorised boats now refused residency in Australia even if they are deemed refugees.

Instead they are held in detention camps on nearby islands and are expected to be resettled in those countries if their claims are valid.

The Australian government has come under increased scrutiny for its treatment of asylum seekers, but the government claims its policies are meant to prevent people risking their lives at sea.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1137077

Neo

Morale again is people living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

sorcerer

Country flag
From Pakistan to Europe: A refugee's endless journey

Violence and economic problems are forcing thousands of Pakistanis to flee their country. Many of them come to Europe illegally via Libya. But is it really worth all the risk? DW talks to a Pakistani refugee in Germany.

Mouazzam Shafi has applied for political asylum in the German city of Munich. The 39-year-old Pakistani citizen fled the country in January. He went to Dubai and then travelled onwards to Libya, from where he sailed through the Mediterranean Sea to Italy on a boat.

But why did he put his life in danger to migrate to Europe illegally? In a DW Interview, Shafi says that political unrest, violence, and the uncertainty in Pakistan were some reasons behind his life-changing move.

DW: Why did you decide to leave Pakistan?

Mouazzam Shafi: There were many reasons. Some months ago, my brother-in-law was murdered over a land dispute. I was also living with him. The assassins had links to Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's Muslim League Party. They wanted to kill me too. I didn't expect any protection from the police because Pakistani law enforcing agencies support the powerful, and in this case a provincial lawmaker. I feared I would be either killed or implicated by the police in a false case. I had two choices – to go into hiding or leave the country.

Mouazzam Shafi: 'I thought that if I had to die, it would have been better to die with my family and not at sea'

Who helped you flee Pakistan?

There are travel agents in most Pakistani towns who take large amounts of money and send you abroad. One of my relatives in my town, Noshehra Warkan, told me that he knew one such agent who could send me to Libya. I didn't know about his connections with human traffickers, but I didn't care, and I was desperate to leave Pakistan. I arranged $3,000 dollars within a week and gave it to him.

I got my Dubai visa in a week, and I left immediately – stopping over in Dubai and then moving onwards to Libya. Dozens of men from my town were already in the North African country.

And what prompted you to go to Italy from Libya?

When I landed in Libya, I immediately contacted the refugees from Noshehra Warkan. I had been in touch with them all this while. The security situation in Libya was worse than I had imagined. One night, a gang of armed men barged into our apartment and took away our belongings, the little money we had, and our passports.

There were no jobs in the war-ravaged country. The militias were fighting against each other. It was a nightmarish scenario. At that time I regretted leaving Pakistan. Going to Italy was never part of my plan, but I could not stay in Libya and neither could I return to Pakistan. I was caught between the devil and the deep blue sea.

How did you get to Italy?

A Pakistani immigrant in Libya told me he could transport us to Italy along with a group of Syrian refugees. My family in Pakistan gave $1,000 to his family in Pakistan, after which he left us with traffickers at the Libyan port city of Zuwarah, who took us on the boat to Italy.

How many refugees were on the boat, and what were their nationalities?

There were some 80 people on the ferry, including women, children and old people. Most of them were from Syria. At least twenty were from the African countries. Around half were from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

Our journey started around three o'clock in the morning. It was a dilapidated wooden boat, which broke two times at sea, and we thought we would not survive. Fortunately, both times the ships sailing through the Mediterranean came to our rescue and fixed the ferry's engine.

It was a shabby boat, any by no means suitable for that long journey. The gigantic waves would inundate the lower part of the ferry, and that's exactly where the engine was. The smoke coming from the engine was suffocating. The small boat was crammed with people, and the journey was 16-hours long. I had lost hope I would ever reach Italy.

What were your thoughts at that time?

I thought I would never be able to see the face of my two young children. I thought that if I had to die, it would have been better to die with my family and not at sea.

Thousands of illegal immigrants use the Mediterranean Sea route from Libya to reach Europe

So how did you eventually come to Italy, and then ended up in Germany?

An Italian coast guards ship eventually saved us. We spent three days on that ship. They gave us food and clothes. When we landed on the Italian shore, the salty sea water had bruised our skin and we could barely walk due to weakness and fatigue. After staying in Italy for a few days, I came to Germany by car. People told me that in Germany the refuges got a better treatment than in other European countries.

Are you happy to be in Germany now?

Being a refugee in an alien country has its own issues and problems. I am not allowed to go outside a certain area. I cannot work here, and I can't rent a decent place to live in. I can't invest in Germany. The place where I live is 17 kilometers away from the main city, and only one bus goes to that city and that too only once a day. Having said that, it is true that I do not have to fear for my life now. I am alive.

The interview was conducted by Imtiaz Ahmad.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
People with neanderthal IQ shouldn't be on the Internet. Asylum seekers have legitimate Indian documentation, and aren't lying about their national origins. If the application is frivolous, they can return to India. Not the same as Pakis faking their identity as Syrian, to move to EU. Refugees and asylum seekers aren't the same.

pmaitra

To be fair to @Neo, there is a number of Indians who try to emigrate in shipping container and goods trucks. Their number is, however, miniscule.

People migrate for greener pastures. Migration has been part and parcel of human history. The question is, should the people of a country assume the responsibility of making their country good to live, and take care not to turn it into a living hell? Worse still, shouldn't these migrants who are leaving their countries due to the deterioration of the situation on which they have no control, remember in earnest, that they must not, at any cost, turn their new found home into the same living hell they once departed?

Immigrants bring several things with them. So are a good influence on the new adopted country. Some are not.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Faking Identity is a crime, applying for Asylum is a right, plus the link you have posted says that two times more Pakistanis (26,000+) are seeking asylum than Indians.
Thats despite the fact that Pakis have a smaller population pool than India :lol:

Also, from the same article, the no. of people seeking asylum from India is dropping since 2001 while that from Pakistan is increasing

blueblood

According to the latest data, 6998 Indians applied for asylum in 2012 - the number dipping by 16% to 5872 in 2013.

While India was ranked 18th among asylum applications in 2012, it dropped to 26th the following year.

• How many of them are posing as Syrians and Iraqis?
  • How many many of them are crossing borders illegally?
  • Can you not see a downward trend in the your very own source?
Are you really that stupid or just pretending to be? Can you not differentiate between asylum seekers using proper channel and turds using a catastrophe to advance themselves illegally.

Stop making a fool out of yourself. :bplease:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles