Pakistani youth warming up to India

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
But they are jealous of the political stability here, says Stephen Cohen, senior fellow, University of Illinois

Anti-India sentiment exists no more among the Pakistani youth, but they may be jealous of the positive aspects that India is identified with, according to Stephen P. Cohen, senior fellow, Brookings Institution, University of Illinois.

"The Pakistani youth increasingly likes India in its own way. They are jealous of the political stability and of the Indian economy." Indian film stars, Indian music and other systems were the favourites for many Pakistanis. Mr. Cohen was giving a talk on 'Peace and Growth in South Asia,' jointly organised by the U.S. Consulate General and the Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI) in the city on Monday.

India, for its part, should also do away with the provocative gestures, such as the daily border ceremony at Wagah, to facilitate a congenial atmosphere to promote peace, Mr. Cohen said.

However, he felt that the real danger was the Pakistani Taliban. The challenge for both the countries was to tap the full potential of the trade between both the nations.

Rating South Asia as the least economically integrated region in the world, he said hostility was hampering its development. It was important for the U.S. to ensure that the vacuum was filled before leaving Afghanistan as it would otherwise create bigger problems from Taliban.

Given the common interests among the countries in the region, he visualised a United States of South Asia in the coming 50 years, with cricket being among the uniting elements.

'Pakistani youth warming up to India' - The Hindu

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
read the comments at the end of the article guys. So true.
last time when a white man wanted india to be separated (lord
mountbatten and churchill) we thought it was right. Now another white
man comes and talks about something in reverse and we are ready to
accept that as well. sounds like we indians never decide our own
destiny. Indian obsession with the "white" continues.

posted on: Jan 7, 2014 at 20:15 ist
the irony !!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Cohen feels the Wagah ceremony is a "provocation from India's side"!!! I wonder what is this compulsion that these gora writers have, to do an "equal equal" and somehow make India "responsible", instead of just saying it like it is.

Wagah border ceremony (which both countries take part in, and is just a show watched by thousands of people for entertainment) is a "provocation", whereas LoC attacks and infiltration of terrorists into India are just minor niggles, eh?

These Paki youth are talking big about "warming up to India" etc. Let us see them openly come out against terrorism and infiltration into India by Jihadis, and let them say openly, "forget Kashmir, let status quo remain, let us move on". I challenge you, not even one of these "youth" will say all three openly.

dhananjay1

Stephen Cohen, senior fowl, University of Illinois knows all about Pakis and Indians than they themselves do. :rofl:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Who cares?

A snake is a snake is a snake till the day it dies. Then it is a dead snake.

Same for a Paki.

nirranj

Country flag
I will never want to have any relationship Between India and Pakistan. They have to pay the price for what all they have done to India. If I have my way, I will extract the price with compunding interest. They should realize that they cannot just like that harrass another nation and get away with it. They should realize that people cannot be forced to accept their superiority and they are superior to none. If they dont realize, they should be eradicated from the face of the earth.

My logic is to make the person realize how it pains when he slapped me. I Will slap him infinite no of time if he dont realize that.

ninja85

pakibeggars youth is seeing money in india and warming up only to the growing economy of india looks like they having some wet dreams about more free tickets and citizenship to india courtesy of corrupt congress,

pakibeggars were enemy and outsiders before and will remain enemy and outsiders forever,

any wet dreams of pakibeggars will not be reality, i hope modi will see to that.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles