Pakistani weapons made Ulfa weak : Ulfa chief

A.V.

For the first time in the history of the United Liberation Front of Asom, someone as authoritative as its chairman, Arabinda Rajkhowa, admitted on Friday that it had been backed by Pakistani fundamentalists. And that, he said, led to Ulfa's alienation from the people.

Rajkhowa, 57, who is in the Capital now, leading an Ulfa team for peace talks with the Centre, told HT in an exclusive interview that the Pakistani elements - a fundamentalist strand within the state establishment - started supplying weapons to the rebels from 1990.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Pak-we...e1-730339.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
So finally this vermin is admitting to his crimes eh? He should be charged for war against the country, collaborating with the national enemy and becoming a threat to not just entire India but his own Assamese in the process and hanged unto death.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
and now optimistic Indians will be happy on this that Pakistan is exposed without worrying how GoI should react on this against Pakistan who has been ridding them on every bilateral talks with there slanderous claims.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I second the motion. And at the same time, we should have a word with our folks in Assam, listen to their problems and help solve them. Many such traitors would puke out automatically once North East is set on pace to heal itself and rise again.

Regards,
Virendra

johnee

and now optimistic Indians will be happy on this that Pakistan is exposed without worrying how GoI should react on this against Pakistan who has been ridding them on every bilateral talks with there slanderous claims.
Words, talks, claims, counter-claims, dossiers, diplomacy, global sympathy...etc. All that means nothing. Pakistan will continue to do, for which it was invented by the Britain, sustained by US and armed by China: Bleed India.

Pakistan is not bhaton ke bhoot(A devil of words).

Fortunately for us, Pakistan has evolved(or devolved) into an international cancer. This is being reluctantly conceded by the erstwhile ardent supporters who continue to support Pakistan out of inertia.

Some day, when the inertia is overcome by the ground realities, then the world must come together to assist India in ending the pakistani experiment.

Nehru said that India is an experiment. I think, it was not India, but Pakistan that was an experiment. An artificial country created by imperialists on the demands of their puppets based on fundamentalism.

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

Payeng and oracles are the two who can tell us what had exactly happened in Assam

JAISWAL

it was expected sooner or leter that the cat will come out of bag.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
By the way, people in West Bengal have a new thing in their hands. Much like the games played earlier - Madras to Chennai, Bombay to Mumbai, Calcutta to Kolkata etc. They want the state be named Bengal and not West Bengal. Word being that there is only one Bengal and so no East West qualifiers required :) Is there still a soul searching going on in this nation? I mean we can always find more telling issues to work upon rather than renaming cities and states. I would wish that the people just get done with it once and for all. Every second day someone gets up and starts painting a new color to the wall.
Russell Peters had once cracked a joke on it, whose notion was that it took Indians 50+ years after British left, to change the names of their cities. As if they were always willing to keep or turn back to the old names.

Sorry about the OT. I guess Bengalis also have some insight on what went wrong in Assam specially during 80s and 90s.

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

sandeepdg

No wonder about that, we all know that the ISI is very active in supporting these North eastern groups, and has been doing so for ages in Bangladesh. About the quality of weapons, well Paki-Chini are bhai-bhai and both bhais have similar quality of their weapons. ULFA was fool to understand that, but anyway it eventually worked in our favor.

sandeepdg

Sorry about the OT. I guess Bengalis also have some insight on what went wrong in Assam specially during 80s and 90s
Bengalis have nothing to do with what happened in Assam and other parts of NE. Only people from those states can tell you why all this actually happened in the first place, but I guess the issue of poverty and lack of development would be a prime cause for all this.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
One way to look at the name west bengal still being in place is well, we are waiting for the other part.

no it actually didn't make sense to name it west Bengal when there was only one Bengal in independent india. Nothing wrong with getting rid of the west in the name, a reminder of more than a hundred year old british policy of divide and rule.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Payeng and oracles are the two who can tell us what had exactly happened in Assam
They are right now the best sources indeed, since I cannot tell much (being born and raised in north India). However, if ULFA chief has claimed this, then I am sure that Pakistan was having its haydays in 90s bleeding our forces.

johnee

Names and icons play a pivotal role in nation building. So, I support the trend of name changing of the cities or states to better represent the sentiments of people occupying them. So, let Bombay be Mumbai, let Madras be Chennai, let Calcutta be Kolkatta and let West Bengal be Bengal. Lets get rid of the tags bestowed during imperial rule for their convenience.

Some day, I hope, that India will be renamed Bharat...

mayfair

So now we have the judas admitting to seeking active assistance from the shaitaan for their selfish interests.

- Did not think much about Ahom when you sold yourselves to the very people you had sworn to throw out from your homeland?

- Your children cannot identify with the land you were born into, having morphed into the very invaders you claimed to oppose and yet prostrate to?

- Your struggle has become a joke in the eyes of the very people you claimed to represent and defend?

- You believe coming clear will absolve you of all manners of sins that you and your comrades in arms have inflicted on the people of Assam and the country? Shame on you.

Shame on the spineless government that allowed the thugs to get away with murder for so long. Even after Pakistani role is established, I little expect any proactive response from the spineless gutless moronic dispensation at the Centre or the state.

sant

They could have fought against illegal bangladesh immigrants (main cause of Assam's problem ) Instead of Indian government.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
They could have fought against illegal bangladesh immigrants (main cause of Assam's problem ) Instead of Indian government.
Well, they were fighting the bengalis - anyone who spoke Bengali - no matter whether from West Bengal, Tripura, rest of India or Bangladesh.
A lesson - "sons of the soil" is NOT a good idea. If we still do not identify ourselves as Indians first and want to assert our regional identities - ULFA-like organizations will haunt us forever.

mayfair

Well, they were fighting the bengalis - anyone who spoke Bengali - no matter whether from West Bengal, Tripura, rest of India or Bangladesh.
A lesson - "sons of the soil" is NOT a good idea. If we still do not identify ourselves as Indians first and want to assert our regional identities - ULFA-like organizations will haunt us forever.
Ironically the children of most top ULFA leaders speak nothing other than Bangla forget about Assamese- do not see any of them gunned down in the middle of the night. ULFA stopped targetting Muslim Bangladeshis long ago. Everyone else was and is a fair game- Bengalis, Hindi speakers, tribals, Assamese. ULFA leadership sold their souls, their wives and children to ISI and DGFI and are unabashed about it.

The bogey of regionalism is bollocks of the highest order, which is being used to justify scum like ULFA. The North Eastern regions have been neglected too long because they were no political windfalls to be reaped there. Assam produces a large chunk of India's oil and tea and yet has little to show for it in terms of development- blame the wankers in the grand old party of India for this bloody mess.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles