Pakistani Taliban training Frenchmen

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Pakistani Taliban training Frenchmen: Officials

Pakistani Taliban training Frenchmen: Officials - The Times of India

DERA ISMAIL KHAN (PAKISTAN): Pakistani intelligence officials say dozens of French Muslims have been training with the Taliban in northwest Pakistan. :scared2:

The officials said on Saturday they were investigating whether Mohamed Merah, a Frenchman of Algerian descent suspected of killing seven people in southern France, had been part of this group.

Merah traveled to Pakistan in 2011 and said he trained with al-Qaida in Waziristan. He was killed in a gunfight with police Thursday in the French city of Toulouse.

The officials said 85 Frenchmen have been training with the Pakistani Taliban in the North Waziristan tribal area for the past three years. Most have dual nationality with France and North African countries. :scared2:

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.
This excuse of a country cant even leave the French to be peaceful:scared2:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The greatest vulnerability of the erstwhile colonial powers stems from the policies which granted citizenship to residents of their former colonies.

pmaitra

The greatest vulnerability of the erstwhile colonial powers stems from the policies which granted citizenship to residents of their former colonies.
Well, honestly, I don't think people from say India, South Africa, Vietnam, etc., causing troubles anywhere. It is only people from the Middle East who harbour this ambition having a Global Islamic Caliphate.

I wonder how much more bloodshed there will be before people learn to live and let live.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Well, honestly, I don't think people from say India, South Africa, Vietnam, etc., causing troubles anywhere. It is only people from the Middle East who harbour this ambition having a Global Islamic Caliphate.
My original statement was meant to include social costs, not just political liabilities.

I wonder how much more bloodshed there will be before people learn to live and let live.
Lots and lots. :-(

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

A large number of Turks, Lebanese, Syrians, Egyptians, Algerians, Tunisians, Iranians etc don't seek a global islamic caliphate.

The issue is with a few Gulf Arabs and their "chamchas" in Pakistan, Afghanistan etc.

pmaitra

A large number of Turks, Lebanese, Syrians, Egyptians, Algerians, Tunisians, Iranians etc don't seek a global islamic caliphate.

The issue is with a few Gulf Arabs and their "chamchas" in Pakistan, Afghanistan etc.
That's true. Of course, I am not blaming the 'majority' but just that most of the people who cause trouble tend to hail from the Middle East, but then, also Caucasus (Chechnya, Dagestan), and of course, the 'land of the pure,' Pakistan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles