Pakistani politician, Hina Butt with designs on India

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Pakistani politician, Hina Butt with designs on India

LAHORE: She's a member of the Punjab assembly. And she has a fashion label of her own – Teena. She also believes India is a great market for Pakistan-designed labels.

Hina Butt feels improving trade between India and Pakistan can give a boost to the fashion industry in both countries. "I think both governments should make trade between the two countries a smooth affair," Butt told IANS when asked about the one thing that she would want the government to help the design fraternity with.

IANS caught up with Hina as she was participating as a designer in the eighth edition of PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2015 – a four-day mega fashion gala, which started on April 18.

The designer feels that with campaigns like Aman ki Asha – a joint initiative by one leading media house each from India and Pakistan to improve diplomatic and cultural relations between the two nations — the situation is becoming better gradually.
"I think that with programmes like Aman ki Asha, many things have started, I can see celebrities going to and fro and spreading the message of peace. As a common citizen, I would love to have open trade (with India), but especially so because I am a designer."

Butt said the Pakistan government of Nawaz Sharif was in favour of such opening up and was doing a good job about it. The 30-year-old, who has been a member of the Punjab assembly since 2013, says that given an opportunity, she would love to showcase her creations in India someday, as most of her clients in Dubai happen to be Indians.

"I think people in India love Pakistani designs. India is a great market for us and I think we should definitely focus on it and do maximum business from there," said the designer, herself a big fan of Bollywood stars Deepika Padukone and Ranbir Kapoor who would love to design for them one day.

"I have started stocking (my designs) in Dubai. I have seen a lot of Pakistani cuts are loved by Indians. Similarly, I did an exhibition once or twice there (in Dubai) and it was sold out, so I think Indian market can be a very good opportunity,"she added.

At PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2015, her collection, under her label Teena by Hina Butt, was titled Suzandozi. With focus on colourful needlework, the collection was inspired by Suzani, a textile technique from Uzbekistan.

With clean cutlines, the collection comprised of crop tops, volume gowns, straight printed pants, embroidered kurtas, skirts and digitally printed dresses.

Hina launched her label in November 2010 and has since established a distinct brand presence in an increasingly competitive industry under the philosophy of delivering luxury formal, semi-formal and bridal wear for fashion consumers in Pakistan and overseas.

Politics aside, Hina knows how to rock the runway with her designs, here's what her Twitter fans had to say about her work at PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2015:

Pakistani politician, Hina Butt with designs on India - The Express Tribune

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Delhi market is full of Pakistani designers. Good thing they have shitty textiles else Pakistani designers can put Indian traditional attire designers out of business.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
We are Big booming market even Many European/US brands want's to enter here.No one F*** care Paki designs.Their stupid media & our #prestitutes create some hype that's it.

If their designs are good they will get some market !

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Delhi market is full of Pakistani designers. Good thing they have shitty textiles else Pakistani designers can put Indian traditional attire designers out of business.
Pak designers working in Delhi or Pak designed dresses being available in Delhi?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
India is a big market with an appetite of consuming anything and everything.

Pakistanis design can find their place like any other designer in India and can earn very good money.

Only nauseating thing with Pakistani traders making in roads in India is the trolls back in Pakistan looking to condescend Indians by pitching it as some kind of favor done by their talented people. Not to mentioning annoying Indians romanticizing with them.

salute

because of cheap prices right ???

salute

If Bhutanese designs are good they will get some market !

If Srilanka designs are good they will get some market !

If Bangladesh designs are good they will get some market !
Hina Butt feels improving trade between India and Pakistan can give a boost to the fashion industry in both countries.
what :lol::lol::lol: ,

is she joking ??? with help of pakicountry, fashion industry in india gonna get boost ??? :lol::lol::lol:

fashion industry or terrorist industry ??? :lol::lol:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I thought you knew all about Delhi....
Not as much as you claim to know.

Just about the Lajpat Nagar mentality and no more.

Money grubbing by fair or fouls means.

Muaj a Mauj being the clarion cry.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles