Pakistani police: 3 Germans arrested in raid

bhramos

Country flag
Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- Three German citizens, including a German army colonel, were arrested in a police raid Saturday in the northern Pakistani city of Peshawar, authorities said.
Police official Mian Saeed said the three men had set up an office in the city without the permission of either the Pakistani or the German government.
He said police raided the office and asked the men to provide the necessary paperwork showing their legal status in the country.
When they couldn't provide the paperwork, they were taken into custody, Saeed said.
The German Embassy in Islamabad has not responded to a request for comment.

Pakistani police: 3 Germans arrested in raid - CNN.com

This doesn't seems to be heading in a good direction.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Ouch !!
More bites for the wild ones with appetite. Them being German Army is not a good thing to be found. Pakistan is already pricked and irritated.
Right, this is going south but I guess it wont be as big as the Raymond Davis case.

ganesh177

Country flag
What were they doing in pakistan with setting up office ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Germans?

I thought they were in ISAF only as support.

What is their interest in Pakistan?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why did I get a message - Sorry this forum is not accepting any new posts?

Sorry! This forum is not accepting new posts.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Germans?

Perhaps...

:lol:

But I guess in serious terms, Germans might have been asked to spy for the US after all the negative light that Americans received with Raymond Davis.

See this is what happens when you force someone not to do anything military-related for 60+ years. They rust so bad that even Pakis managed to bust them. Looking at this, Hitler must be having the biggest facepalm moment of his (death) afterlife. :doh:

Syd

Country flag
Germans?

They could be German Muslims. Most are children of Turkish immigrants. Germany used to conscript all young men for National service - not sure if they still do and the German born children of immigrants could enter the Army this way.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Perhaps...

:lol:

But I guess in serious terms, Germans might have been asked to spy for the US after all the negative light that Americans received with Raymond Davis.

See this is what happens when you force someone not to do anything military-related for 60+ years. They rust so bad that even Pakis managed to bust them. Looking at this, Hitler must be having the biggest facepalm moment of his (death) afterlife. :doh:
The germans are still okay but spare a thought for the japanese :shocked:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles