Pakistani newspapers claims that, 'Bollywood causes global water shortage'

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
'Bollywood causes global water shortage'

What is the prime reason for the world's water shortage? Bollywood films, according to a prominent Pakistani paper.

"The shortage of water is a key global issue these days. And what is the reason for this shortage? Believe it or not, Bollywood films," a report in the Urdu daily Jang said on Tuesday.

"Bollywood not only spends money like water on its films but prodigious waste of water is also a habit of Bollywood producers and directors," it said, noting in that current Salman Khan superhit Dabangg, one scene which showed the heroine (Sonakshi Sinha) getting wet in the rain "used 180,000 litres of water".

Giving other examples, it said another picture dealing with the 2007 floods in Mumbai used a whopping 3,600,000 litres of water for filming just once scene of the deluge, while the Shah Rukh Khan film My Name is Khan used 2,400,000 litres of water.

"All this was not ordinary water but specially ordered and purified water," it said, noting potable water is not available for half of India's population.

"Akshay Kumar starrer De Dana Dan, like its name, wasted water de dana dan - as much as 8, 400,000 litres," it said, adding it was noteworthy that acclaimed director James Cameron in filming his Oscar-winning Titanic had only need of 450,000 litres of water.

Rebelkid

This is the very height of conspiracy, move it to jokes forum

Oracle

Its not conspiracy its true...bollywood waste lot of potable water for it rain songs.This wastage of water a serious concern in water stressed countries like india
It might be true to some extent. But to say that "Bollywood causes global water shortage" is idiotic. Water wastage is a serious concern, however, believing a Pakistani daily like Jang is more nonsensical. Now, imagine Tip Tip Baarsa Pani from the film Mohra. Yummy!!

Rebelkid

Its not conspiracy its true...bollywood waste lot of potable water for it rain songs.This wastage of water a serious concern in water stressed countries like india
no water is ever wasted, water either goes down to underground water channels or get evaporated and rains somewhere else , water wastage is more related to wastage of water in rivers(dams etc...) and pollution of those rivers by factories making the water unusable..

Blackwater

AJTR should be given role of gulshan grower in hindi movies. BAD MAN

johnee

Best way for Pakistani to protest this serious waste of water is by refusing to see bollywood movies. I suggest all Pakistanis to do that...

Blackwater

Best way for Pakistani to protest this serious waste of water is by refusing to see bollywood movies. I suggest all Pakistanis to do that...
The day they stop watching bollywood in pakistan. Their all jananis(women) will migrate to India leaving there family behind or commit suiside in already suiside bomber country.They just cant live without Bollywood and Indian soaps.

johnee

The day they stop watching bollywood in pakistan. Their all jananis(women) will migrate to India leaving there family behind or commit suiside in already suiside bomber country.They just cant live without Bollywood and Indian soaps.
Alas then, I guess pakistani women are contributing to Global Water Shortage...

pmaitra

You're probably right. For rain scenes, they will not use river water to drench the movie stars, lest they get infections. They are likely to use potable clean or purified water. However, to say that this causes global water shortage is utter drivel. H2O remains H2O; it does not undergo electrolytic decomposition or nuclear reaction to change into different compounds or elements.

Moreover, not many people around the world have cars. Yet, Hollywood has been destroying cars in many of their movies. How about we stop that as well?

Seriously, when are the Pakistanis going to blame India, or something Indian, next time there is a Solar or Lunar eclipse?

Gaaaaaaa!

In hindsight, I think I am going to write articles in Pakistani newspapers under a pseudoname and make claims like "India is reponsible for electricity shortage in Pakistan because their women spend too much electricity watching Indian TV soaps." I'm sure I will earn a fan following.

Last edited:

amitkriit

Paani jis ka bhi ho jitna bhi ho hum pee jaate hain :pound:

Last edited by a moderator:

Arunpillai

Why are we replying to idiotic pakistani newspaper articles? Laughable indeed

arya

Country flag
why i waste my time on the thread why

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Let's see:

- Israelis, Russians, British, Indians and US daily try to destroy the might of Pakistan.

- UAE recently supported Balochi "terror".

- Saudi is ruled by Zionist loving kings.

- India is stealing Pakistani waters through dams.

- India is conducting mass rioting inside Pakistan's financial capital Karachi-- along with British intelligence.

- USA used HAARP to cause massive floods in Pakistan.

- India is ruining the "Pakistaniyat" in Pakistani women through their "evil Hindoo" soaps.

- Indian media has become a threat to Pakistan's idea.

- Indian news media are hell bent to vilify the otherwise-innocent-angel-like Pakistan.
Now,

India is the reason for global water shortage...!!?

वाह!! वाआआआह बेटा! :rotfl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles