Pakistani minister visits Saudi to seek help for Pakistan's National Budget 2011-2012

ganesh177

Country flag
Pakistani minister visits Saudi to seek help for Pakistan's National Budget 2011-2012

By AZHAR MASOOD | ARAB NEWS
Published: Apr 23, 2011 19:41 Updated: Apr 24, 2011 00:07

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Hina Rabbani Khar will arrive in the Kingdom on Sunday for a two-day visit during which she will hold talks with her Saudi counterpart and senior government officials.

Sources at Pakistan's Foreign Office said Khar's visit to the Kingdom is very important and that she is scheduled to visit Riyadh and Jeddah.

They added that Khar will not only seek Saudi investment in Pakistan but also ask the Saudi leadership for assistance for Pakistan's National Budget 2011-2012.

The visit will provide a useful opportunity to review bilateral relations and exchange views on developments in the region.
Pakistan and Saudi Arabia enjoy close relations that are based on common values of faith, traditions and interests. The people of Pakistan hold the Saudi leadership in high esteem. The Kingdom last year was among the first countries to provide relief to flood-affected areas.
The presence of around 1.5 million Pakistani expatriates in Saudi Arabia is making a valuable contribution to the Kingdom's development and prosperity.

The planned meeting will further strengthen bonds of friendship and brotherhood.
Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Firdous Aashiq Awan was to visit the Kingdom recently but was forced to postpone the trip due to domestic political problems and ongoing National Assembly sessions.

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article370911.ece

Last edited:

Oracle

It is a matter of shame where Pakistan has landed today. Even for their budget they need to visit Saudi and ask for aid. Will Pakistanis never do an introspection?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The lady better be careful with the sheikhs there. Nothing else to say about the visit.

Phenom

This is actually a good time for Pakistan to ask for more aid.

They have recently sent troops to Bahrain to quell the shia riots, no doubt this was approved of by the Saudis. So now Pakistan has more leaverage when demanding for more money.

They seem to be becoming a complete mercenary nation.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
The lady better be careful with the sheikhs there. Nothing else to say about the visit.
Yusuf.....I think most of the Sheikhs in Saudi are into boys rather than girls. I heard that they hire young Nigerian guys to be their personal bodyguards and their personal sex-toys too.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Looks like the beggars are taken their begging bowl from Uncles feet to Saudis sheiks now! :D

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I will not comment......................:D

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador

LOL. Those camel jockeys must be drooling their brains out. I assume having nothing but donkeys and camels to **** gets boring after a while!

Tronic

Its probably the reason they sent a woman this time. Maybe the Saudis will lend aid this time around. :rolleyes:

amitkriit

Pakistan has some really beautiful women no doubt, but this woman is ugly!

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder I guess.
I second that, looks like a hook-nosed Arab auntie to me. Arabs will accept her as one of their own.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I don't know why "thumbs down" is there in this thread, it should be "thumbs up". The more more pakistanis needs to be financed, the more chance that there masters will throw them like hot potato.

Tronic

I second that, looks like a hook-nosed Arab auntie to me. Arabs will accept her as one of their own.
Hey, whats wrong with Arab girls? Arab girls are gorgeous too. I love all women from all regions, so no trash talking to any region's ladies please. ;) :D

This girl, is just ugly, lets leave it at that. :becky:

Seem like she is giving all her warmth to hungry sheikhs. Master stroke by pakistan, they cud use Veena malik too though.

Warmth is back in ties with Saudi Arabia?

Leave Veena alone. :mad2:

ganesh177

Country flag
She aint ugly, she is 34+ now. She must have looked lovely in her young days.

ejazr

Ambassador
Well its pretty well known that Saudi-Pakistani ties have really cooled and worsened since Zardari became president. The US backed IMF bailout package is not coming through because they have not brought the RGST nor cut spending as promised let alone the US-Pakistani tussle of Davis and Co. Zardari was in China as well a little while ago again asking for budgetary support but the Chinese returned him as well empty handed because they will invest only in those things that they have intent in i.e. Nuke program and defence as a counter to India, transportation links e.t.c So asking Saudi/GCC help is the last line of support so that there is no default by Pakistan this year. But they will of course have their pound of flesh meaning no Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline and deteriorating relations with Iran for Pakistan. Even though it would be in Pakistan's interest to improve relations with Iran given that India and Afghanistan are both pretty hot borders for the most part.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles