Pakistani marine agency kills Gujarat fisherman, abducts 30

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Times of India, Oct 13, 2013, 03.24 AM IST

RAJKOT: An Indian fisherman was killed and 30 were kidnapped by Pakistan's Maritime Security Agency from international waters off Jakhau coast in Gujarat on Saturday. The kidnapped fishermen were taken away in five boats.

An eyewitness said that personnel of the Pakistani agency opened fire on Indian fishing boat 'Dhanvantari' around 4am.

"We were fishing in international waters when the firing started. One our fishermen, Naran Sosa (30), died on the spot," said Mithabhai, one of the five survivors on 'Dhanvantari'. Sosa was a resident of Sarkhadi village in Kodinar taluka of Gir-Somnath district.

"As soon as they opened fire, we fled. Sosa's body was sent to Civil Hospital in Porbandar from where it was taken to Jamnagar Medical College for postmortem,'' said Mithabhai.

Manish Lodhari, vice-president of Porbandar Boat Association, said the police, coast guard and state government have been informed about the kidnapping. "We will give representations soon to the central and state government," he added.

Meanwhile, Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi has asked the Centre to intervene on the issue. "Spoke to (defence minister) AK Antony on Pakistan's action against Gujarat fishermen. Urged him that Centre should take a serious note and investigate it," Modi tweeted.

Gujarat's additional chief secretary (home) SK Nanda said the state government had taken up the matter with Union home and defence ministries. "We have written to the home secretary stating that the firing was unprovoked. A police case has also been registered in the matter." He said that the deceased fisherman was hit in the back.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
RIP ...This Paksitani attitude should stop against Indian Fishermen .

Illusive

Country flag
This unprovoked firing on unarmed fishermen on international water is a crime. These paki pirates should be brought to justice.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
This unprovoked firing on unarmed fishermen on international water is a crime. These paki pirates should be brought to justice.
Pakistan can kill our Gujarati fisherman. Sri Lankans can kill our Tamil Nadu fishermen. Even Italians have killed our Keralite fishermen. What next??? :noidea:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Who the ---- cares if a fisherman or a soldier dies....till the time Gandhi family, rajmata and its Coterie can loot money uninterrupted - all these issues are trivial.

Slaves always die and rulers have to go on ignoring if few slaves are killed by the enemy......!

BangersAndMash

Why would anyone want to fire at fishermen? There is absolutely nothing brave about this cowardly attack from the BIGGEST cowards (pakis). The crazy thing is the pakis will be acting like they have achieved something big.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Pakistan can kill our Gujarati fisherman. Sri Lankans can kill our Tamil Nadu fishermen. Even Italians have killed our Keralite fishermen. What next??? :noidea:
They are containing and squeezing us from all sides. BTW our fish has been looted by many nations throughout our history even after independence.

If you are going to declare open that you have no desire to expand but you are officially a banana republic then such things are doomed to happen.

Having capability but no intent is outdated concept even for earning geo-political high moral brownie points.

Last edited:

jmj_overlord

murder and kidnap in international waters by a national agency.................so pak navy sailors are basically pirates.........should be dealt with them as dealt with somali pirates

venkat

pakistan has an agenda that requires as many indians in paki jails as possible to blackmail india at a later date!!!

jmj_overlord

pakistan has an agenda that requires as many indians in paki jails as possible to blackmail india at a later date!!!
no use......india too has many pakis in indian jails no matter whether they deny it...........maybe a new govt will focus on nabbing maximum pakis for indian jails from the seas or the borders.............

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Why surprised?

Sri Lankans do that to our fishermen down south all the time.

If we keep MauniBaba's attitude, we will soon have Maldivians killing Keralites.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
i think they will issue statement saying " we will not play cricket with you " then they goonna announce that they had lodged a strong protest with a paki diplomat

HMMMMM I'm i missing any thing else if so can some one please fill in the blank if i miss anything

:drunk:

Vishwarupa

Country flag
This is what we get from our Most Favored Nation.

Hope the talks are progressing well between India & our Most Favored Nation pakistan in Dubai. I wonder what is there for menu. Is it biryanis with belly dance?

or is it dead Indian Fishermen & Indian solders.

Bastard politicians

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Placing of our naval ships and guarding the sea routes and fishermen .

jmj_overlord

now the usual drill has taken place.............pak high commissioner summoned and india lodges protest....

Dinesh_Kumar

Looks like same strategy as BAT doing on LOC......If 30 US Citizens had been harmed , it would have made headlines even in my local Times of India.

Last edited:

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Looks like same strategy as BAT doing on LOC......If 30 US Citizens had been harmed , it would have made headlines even in my local Times of India.
It wont be headlines if its about the people of middle east, Latin America, Africa and Asia including Indians .

sydsnyper

Country flag
I hope you remember the news item where indian prisoners in pakistan had written to maunibaba about deplorable conditions in paki jails. In fact about 8 to 9 of them had lost their minds from the daily tortures. There were forced conversions (obviously), and they demanded death over the prison life.

I fear the same fate for these 30 fishermen and the horrible suspense for their families back home.

We cannot remain toeing the line of cricket, talks and 'strong protests'... lets get strong..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles