Pakistani marine agency kills Gujarat fisherman, abducts 30

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by Abhijeet Dey, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Abhijeet Dey

Abhijeet Dey Regular Member

Times of India, Oct 13, 2013, 03.24 AM IST

RAJKOT: An Indian fisherman was killed and 30 were kidnapped by Pakistan's Maritime Security Agency from international waters off Jakhau coast in Gujarat on Saturday. The kidnapped fishermen were taken away in five boats.

An eyewitness said that personnel of the Pakistani agency opened fire on Indian fishing boat 'Dhanvantari' around 4am.

"We were fishing in international waters when the firing started. One our fishermen, Naran Sosa (30), died on the spot," said Mithabhai, one of the five survivors on 'Dhanvantari'. Sosa was a resident of Sarkhadi village in Kodinar taluka of Gir-Somnath district.

"As soon as they opened fire, we fled. Sosa's body was sent to Civil Hospital in Porbandar from where it was taken to Jamnagar Medical College for postmortem,'' said Mithabhai.

Manish Lodhari, vice-president of Porbandar Boat Association, said the police, coast guard and state government have been informed about the kidnapping. "We will give representations soon to the central and state government," he added.

Meanwhile, Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi has asked the Centre to intervene on the issue. "Spoke to (defence minister) AK Antony on Pakistan's action against Gujarat fishermen. Urged him that Centre should take a serious note and investigate it," Modi tweeted.

Gujarat's additional chief secretary (home) SK Nanda said the state government had taken up the matter with Union home and defence ministries. "We have written to the home secretary stating that the firing was unprovoked. A police case has also been registered in the matter." He said that the deceased fisherman was hit in the back.

3. I-G

I-G Tihar Jail Banned

RIP ...This Paksitani attitude should stop against Indian Fishermen .

4. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

Next time make sure, we are saying RIP Pakistani Marines..........

kseeker likes this.
  5. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

kseeker and sayareakd like this.
  6. Illusive

Illusive Senior Member Senior Member

This unprovoked firing on unarmed fishermen on international water is a crime. These paki pirates should be brought to justice.

kseeker likes this.
  7. Abhijeet Dey

Abhijeet Dey Regular Member

Pakistan can kill our Gujarati fisherman. Sri Lankans can kill our Tamil Nadu fishermen. Even Italians have killed our Keralite fishermen. What next??? :noidea:

TrueSpirit likes this.
  8. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

Who the ---- cares if a fisherman or a soldier dies....till the time Gandhi family, rajmata and its Coterie can loot money uninterrupted - all these issues are trivial.

Slaves always die and rulers have to go on ignoring if few slaves are killed by the enemy......!

mki and kseeker like this.
  9. BangersAndMash

BangersAndMash Regular Member

Why would anyone want to fire at fishermen? There is absolutely nothing brave about this cowardly attack from the BIGGEST cowards (pakis). The crazy thing is the pakis will be acting like they have achieved something big.

10. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

They are containing and squeezing us from all sides. BTW our fish has been looted by many nations throughout our history even after independence.

If you are going to declare open that you have no desire to expand but you are officially a banana republic then such things are doomed to happen.

Having capability but no intent is outdated concept even for earning geo-political high moral brownie points.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    Neil and TrueSpirit like this.
  11. jmj_overlord

jmj_overlord Regular Member

murder and kidnap in international waters by a national agency.................so pak navy sailors are basically pirates.........should be dealt with them as dealt with somali pirates

12. venkat

venkat Regular Member

pakistan has an agenda that requires as many indians in paki jails as possible to blackmail india at a later date!!!

13. jmj_overlord

no use......india too has many pakis in indian jails no matter whether they deny it...........maybe a new govt will focus on nabbing maximum pakis for indian jails from the seas or the borders.............

14. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Why surprised?

Sri Lankans do that to our fishermen down south all the time.

If we keep MauniBaba's attitude, we will soon have Maldivians killing Keralites.

maomao and kseeker like this.
  15. AVERAGE INDIAN

AVERAGE INDIAN EXORCIST Senior Member

i think they will issue statement saying " we will not play cricket with you " then they goonna announce that they had lodged a strong protest with a paki diplomat

HMMMMM I'm i missing any thing else if so can some one please fill in the blank if i miss anything

:drunk:

sydsnyper likes this.
  16. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

This is what we get from our Most Favored Nation.

Hope the talks are progressing well between India & our Most Favored Nation pakistan in Dubai. I wonder what is there for menu. Is it biryanis with belly dance?

or is it dead Indian Fishermen & Indian solders.

Bastard politicians

sydsnyper and maomao like this.
  17. I-G

I-G Tihar Jail Banned

Placing of our naval ships and guarding the sea routes and fishermen .

18. jmj_overlord

now the usual drill has taken place.............pak high commissioner summoned and india lodges protest....

ramakrishna likes this.
  19. Dinesh_Kumar

Dinesh_Kumar Regular Member

Looks like same strategy as BAT doing on LOC......If 30 US Citizens had been harmed , it would have made headlines even in my local Times of India.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  20. I-G

I-G Tihar Jail Banned

It wont be headlines if its about the people of middle east, Latin America, Africa and Asia including Indians .

21. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

I hope you remember the news item where indian prisoners in pakistan had written to maunibaba about deplorable conditions in paki jails. In fact about 8 to 9 of them had lost their minds from the daily tortures. There were forced conversions (obviously), and they demanded death over the prison life.

I fear the same fate for these 30 fishermen and the horrible suspense for their families back home.

We cannot remain toeing the line of cricket, talks and 'strong protests'... lets get strong..