Pakistani Lies & Denial thread

Prometheus

1947-48 Kashmir war ... first claimed to be tribals, but later backed by the Pak Army proving the involvement of the Pak army in the first place

Blackwater

1947-48 Kashmir war ... first claimed to be tribals, but later backed by the Pak Army proving the involvement of the Pak army in the first place
No in 1947 it was tribals from north and south waziristan who attacked Kashmir

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
A will made of steel and an aircraft made in Pakistan

A will made of steel and an aircraft made in Pakistan

2 hours ago

Pakistan's first indigenous aircraft manufactured by Scaled Aviation Industries. PHOTO: KHURRAM ZAFAR

"That, my friend, is the very first airplane made in Pakistan by a private aircraft manufacturer," proudly stated my host pointing in the direction of the aircraft hanger behind me.

As I turned around with anticipation and saw an all composite two seat, three propeller aircraft, gleaming in the sunlight coming in through the hanger vents, a feeling of pride overwhelmed me. It was immediately followed by profound respect for my host entrepreneur and his long and inspiring journey from a dream to its realisation parked right in front of me in that hanger.

My host was Faisal Naveed Asif, CEO of Scaled Aviation Industries, whom I had met on the judges' panel at a business plan competition in a local university just a few weeks ago. Before the event, when Faisal introduced himself as the CEO of the only private-sector, certified, aircraft manufacturer in the whole of Middle East and South Asia, I was immediately impressed and decided that I must know and tell this man's story which is guaranteed to be inspirational for seasoned and budding entrepreneurs alike. I asked Faisal if I could come and visit his facilities and a couple weeks later he called and we agreed to meet at Scaled Aviation's Walton Airport Royal Hanger.

Faisal is a soft spoken and down to earth individual. However, underneath that modesty, he hides a brilliant mind trained by years of work with the defence sector, especially the Air Force and excellent academic credentials. When giving me an overview of some of the innovative aspects of his manufacturing process, his eyes lit up like those of a father telling the story of his child's achievements. I could tell that this man was truly proud of all the ingenuity around him, most of it, a product of his own brilliance.

Faisal's journey started back in 2001 when he announced to his family that he is going to quit work in the defence sector and develop an indigenous aircraft in Pakistan. The initial reactions were not very encouraging. He recalls that one of his uncles quipped that he couldn't produce a stable, four-legged chair in his furniture factory, let alone build an airplane. He also remembers his friends speculating that he has gone mad.

Furthermore, one of the first things Faisal realised after embarking upon this journey was that it's littered with clearance requirements from numerous departments; the bureaucracy, the red tape, the security clearances, the No Objection Certificates (NOCs), the wild goose chases between departments and ministries. But none of that deterred Faisal.

The man, with the will of steel, persevered and managed to kick off his manufacturing operations in 2006. After about six years of bootstrapping the operations with his own capital and some debt financing, Faisal managed to produce the first air craft in 2012 that was ready for test flights. More importantly, his factory gained the capability of producing dozens of planes of varying capacities every year, making it a potentially viable business. The planes would cost less than many of the high end cars we see on the roads and were more fuel efficient than a standard four door Sedan!

Along the way though, Faisal had to make some compromises because two of the most sensitive parts of the aircraft – the engine and the instrument panel – could not be built in Pakistan because of the stringent laws, lack of economically viable manufacturing facilities and an absent partner ecosystem. He managed to import those parts, but after and among others, clearances from the US Department of State pursuant to Pakistan signing off on the Kerry-Lugar bill. That was a real shock for me!

He once again prevailed and obtained the necessary permissions for his aircraft to start logging airtime. Although this whole experience of getting run-arounds from the government departments and various agencies has left him bitter, he always manages to sneak in a satisfactory smile on his face when recalling his horror stories with the bureaucratic red tape. He proudly narrates the story in which he turned down the offer by an Arab prince to come and build his factory in the Middle East. He was offered anything he would want along with state citizenship, but he refused and chose to pursue his dream in Pakistan.

The day I met Faisal, he had scheduled a flight for his aircraft and was waiting for his pilot buddy to arrive. When it was all set to jet, I was offered a ride in it. Multiple thoughts crossed my mind before I responded to that offer. At first, I hesitated, thinking it is the first of its kind airplanes, the very first off the factory floor. Additionally being a software engineer by training got the best of me.

"What if this plane had bugs?" I asked myself,

"What if it went up and never came down?" I thought.

But then I was reminded of Faisal's meticulous planning, his entrepreneurial zeal and determination to build a first class flying machine.

"This man wouldn't take the slightest chance and won't let anything shatter his dream," a voice inside me reassured.

It was just a moment's hesitation and then I said yes. As I flew over Lahore in Faisal's two seat Storm Rally aircraft, the exhilarating feeling of flying in Pakistan's first privately manufactured aircraft remained in the backdrop and I couldn't help but stay in awe of Faisal's spirit and feel proud to be associated with him by virtue of being a fellow Pakistani.

So there, muffled among the many screaming stories in the media about injustice, intolerance, terrorism, corruption, energy crisis and what not, breathe the whispers of ingenuity, inventiveness and excellence. The untold story of a shy entrepreneur from Quetta who dared to dream big, persevered and fought all odds stacked against him, and built Pakistan's very own, indigenously manufactured aircraft!

I flew in it, and it was amazing!

Read more by Khurram here or follow him on Twitter @kayzafar

A will made of steel and an aircraft made in Pakistan – The Express Tribune Blog

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Re: A will made of steel and an aircraft made in Pakistan

When you hear such news from Pakistan, the first thing that should come to your mind is disbelief. Please remember that these people are pathological liars and braggarts.

The company has no website.

And this picture has been lifted straight from here:

The pic has been lifted from here:
Probably the best Aircrafts in the World

Manufactured by StormAircraft Group:
Probably the best Aircrafts in the World

For more dissection of this latest Paki lie, look here:

Bharat Rakshak "¢ View topic - Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 13, 2013

This is going into the Paki lies and denial thread.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

^^ :nod: :notbad:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

What an aircraft!

I seem to have seen it elsewhere too!

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

assembled by scaled aviation industries.

THis is a great step for a private firm in Pakistan.i hope in future they go beyond manufacturing level to one day designing there own

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

assembled by scaled aviation industries.

THis is a great step for a private firm in Pakistan.i hope in future they go beyond manufacturing level to one day designing there own
Hello boss - they haven't done anything. This is another fake news, like the series of news in the "Paki lies and denial thread" (http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/pakistan/48130-pakistani-lies-denial-thread.html)

Read my earlier post on this page exposing this lie.

I am just waiting for the usual denial to appear from the Paki side before I officially put it in that thread.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Thank you MODS, for moving the aircraft post and my subsequent comments, to this "Paki lies and Denial" thread.

Here is one more:

ICC allows Amir to play domestic cricket for one year - Rediff.com Cricket

ICC allows Amir to play domestic cricket for one year

According to The Nation, although a British court awarded jail sentences to Amir and two of his teammates, former skipper Salman Butt and Muhammad Asif, in a spot-fixing case, it later on showed generosity to Amir and sent him to rehabilitation jail for being young and new to cricket.

The report further said that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has been officially informed by the ICC to permit Amir to play domestic cricket for a year, after which the global governing body will assess his performance and attitude to decide his future in international games.

But one day later:

ICC denies allowing Aamir to play domestic cricket - Rediff.com Cricket
ICC denies allowing Aamir to play domestic cricket

The International Cricket Council (ICC) has dismissed media reports in Pakistan that banned left arm pacer, Muhammad Aamir had been allowed to resume playing domestic cricket by them. Reports have been circulating in the Pakistan media that the ICC four-member committee formed to look into his ban and case had allowed him to play domestic cricket. But a ICC spokesman said first of all no permission had been given to Aamir to play domestic cricket or any cricket of any sort.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Ok, though not exactly a "denial", we have something awesome here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...221046.-2207520000.1373849513.&type=3&theater

A Software simulation based on blast forensics designed by Pakistani computer scientist, Zeeshan-ul-Hassan Usmani, that can reduce deaths by 12 per cent and injuries by seven per cent on average just by changing the way a crowd of people stand near an expected suicide bomber.
You just can't make up this shit.

And here is a page on "Pakistani inventions".

https://www.facebook.com/pakistaniinventions?hc_location=timeline

The "water car" fellow is there too. :lol:

And the whole page is full of Jazzakallahs and Mashallahs etc. etc. Unbelievable people, really.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Re: Pakistan denial thread

It is good we dön't export beer!
The point of this thread is to show Paki lies and denial. To show you how starved of good news and achievements you are as a nation, that you jump in excitement at any hint of positive news from your country. Just look at the articles in this thread. It shows something seriously wrong with your society. And I don't even update this thread regularly. In India or other nations, one can find such stupidity in rare cases - maybe once every 10 years on average. But what we see in Pakistan is insane and crazy.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
We are missing so many good candidates to put into this thread. :mad: This thread could have been 10 pages by now, if we had diligently put all their lies and denials here.

Anyway, here is the latest:

First the bluster: US agrees on Aafia Siddiqui's extradition

US agrees on Aafia Siddiqui's extradition

In a major breakthrough, the US has offered Pakistan to sign prisoner swap agreement for the extradition of Dr Aafia Siddiqi, after which the Pakistani scientist will be allowed to serve the remaining part of her imprisonment in homeland.
Talking to a private TV channel, the spokesperson of the foreign office Umar Hameed also confirmed that the US has offered Pakistan to sign prisoner swap agreement after which both countries will release each others prisoners.
And then, the lie exposed, as per standard Paki operating procedure: US denies reports of Aafia-Afridi prisoner swap agreement - DAWN.COM

US denies reports of Aafia-Afridi prisoner swap agreement

ISLAMABAD: The US embassy in Islamabad on Wednesday denied reports of a prisoner swap deal with Pakistan involving Dr Aafia Siddiqui.

Earlier this month, Pakistani media reported that the US had offered Pakistan to sign a prisoner exchange agreement, calling for a release of Pakistani prisoner Dr Shakil Afridi in exchange for the release of Dr Aafia Siddiqui.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles