India deploys Laser walls on border.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India activates eight laser walls along border with Pakistan

NEW DELHI: India has set up eight laser walls along the shared border with Pakistan and plans to activate four more over the next few days,Times of India reported, citing a senior Indian Border Security Force (BSF) official.
A laser wall is a mechanism to detect objects passing the line of sight between the laser source and the detector. A laser beam over a river sets off a loud siren in case of a breach. The laser walls will cover stretches of treacherous terrain and riverine areas.
India plans to cover more than 40 vulnerable unfenced stretches along the Pakistan border with laser walls, with the home ministry giving it a top priority to prevent any infiltration, Times of India said in an earlier report quoting a home ministry official.
The laser walls will be monitored by the BSF, the report said.
India stepped up efforts to secure the border in wake of an attack on the Pathankot airbase, which India alleged was stormed by terrorists who crossed over from Pakistan.
The suspected infiltration point of Ujj river in Bamiyal, which India alleged was used by six Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists who attacked the airbase, was not covered by laser.
The BSF covered this stretch by putting up a laser wall before Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the airbase on Jan 9.
The border force had started putting up the wall on unfenced riverine stretches last year in Jammu sector, which was more prone to terrorist intrusions till three terrorists carried out an attack in Gurdaspur in Punjab in July.
The terrorists were believed to have entered India 5km downstream of Bamiyal near the Tash border outpost — a riverine point not covered by a laser wall as well. Bamiyal has BSF posts on either side of the river with a man on each post keeping a watch on the river round the clock.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
From comment section;
Why India is afraid of Pakistan?
Afraid from them? :pound:
India should cooperate with Pakistan in security matters instead of setting up laser walls as the measure will further create fissures between the two neighbours.
And let terrorists enter.
Pakistan Should installed laser border along with Iran and Afganistan Front. To Keep away Indian terrorism.
Pakistan too should do the same on its side.
What about India supported terrorists, who infiltrate from afghan border and create trouble in fata, Karachi and Balochistan..... we also need to seal afghan border
Yet they forget they have no such systems
This one was hilarious :biggrin2:
Pathankot was an internal job. We will continue to see similar attacks inspire of these 'laser' walls.

We wouldn't want to see any attacks on our neighbors but God forbid if anything happens in India, I am sure they will be saying that Pakistani terrorists have acquired new technology that helps to pass by these laser walls without being detected.

Moral of the story is that it is Pakistan that will always be blamed for any attack on Indian soil regardless of laser, concrete, steel, whatever kind of walls that are installed at the borders.

[emoji38]

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
india should put landmines near border arena so we can see pakistani legs fying on Air { Leg Fry:biggrin2::biggrin2:}

Not possible... because may be Indian MI covert operatives could face trouble infiltrating ;) :p

Anupu

Country flag
Hmm... I am thinking about the tunnels what about them?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Indx TechStyle I did not understand the Title of the thread.

If you want me to change it please let me know
Was my mistake, couldn't complete and immediately had to market for wheat flour.
When came back, it was done as it is.
Title must be:
Pakistani Journal Dawn: India deploys Laser walls on border.

Anupu

Country flag
Yep, a bit too much ambitious but we're in a country who can afford to change solutions to reality to some extent unlike some others. :rolleyes:
I was thinking foliage penetration radars. I don't think should be tough, but prevention is better than cure right. :D

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I was thinking foliage penetration radars. I don't think should be tough, but prevention is better than cure right. :D
India has a program called Lastech for developing and deploying Air, Water and Land Based Directed Energy Laser Weapons in 10 years and it has been proved a success.
This laser fencing isn't a weapon but anti missile laser and ADS are definitely weapons.
Just like US or probably ahead of USA we can go. :peace:
Go through Defense and Strategic Issues Section.
You will find it. Read entire thread.
From hand picked laser guns to cannons. :party:

Anupu

Country flag
India has a program called Lastech for developing and deploying Air, Water and Land Based Directed Energy Laser Weapons in 10 years and it has been proved a success.
This laser fencing isn't a weapon but anti missile laser and ADS are definitely weapons.
Just like US or probably ahead of USA we can go. :peace:
Go through Defense and Strategic Issues Section.
You will find it. Read entire thread.
From hand picked laser guns to cannons. :party:
I don't have much faith on DRDO, I know people are sensitive about it. So let's see, if they can do what US is struggling to achieve. A foliage penetration radar though would be easy enough. Even for a small company or start up may be. ;)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I don't have much faith on DRDO, I know people are sensitive about it. So let's see, if they can do what US is struggling to achieve. A foliage penetration radar though would be easy enough. Even for a small company or start up may be. ;)
Why?
Just because DRDO has failed in some projects, you'll call them complete fail?
They made missiles, LCH, UGVs and APS etc..
Remember Buddy, everyone has own merits and drawbacks. DRDO may not be nice and on schedule on some projects, but there is still something which any private company can't provide us.
Government is doing nice task.
Moving projects to companies what they should do, giving projects to DRDO what they should do. :)
Seriously man, no private Co has tech for laser at moment unlike DRDO.
Our problem was correct distribution of projects. Let things go on nice now.

Anupu

Country flag
Why?
Just because DRDO has failed in some projects, you'll call them complete fail?
They made missiles, LCH, UGVs and APS etc..
Remember Buddy, everyone has own merits and drawbacks. DRDO may not be nice and on schedule on some projects, but there is still something which any private company can't provide us.
Government is doing nice task.
MoviMoving projects to companies what they should do, giving projects to DRDO what they should do. :)
We can move it to a private conversation if you want? I think we are the risk of going way off the topic:D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles