Pakistani doctor gave key information for Osama bin Laden raid: US

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
WASHINGTON: US defense secretary Leon Panetta is acknowledging publicly for the first time that a Pakistani doctor provided key information to the US in advance of the successful Navy SEAL assault on Osama bin Laden's compound last May.

Panetta told CBS's "60 Minutes," in a profile to be broadcast on Sunday, that Shakil Afridi helped provide intelligence for the raid on bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

Afridi ran a vaccination program for the CIA to collect DNA and verify bin Laden's presence in the compound. He has since been charged by Pakistan with treason. Panetta said he is "very concerned" for the doctor.

Panetta also told "60 Minutes" that he remains convinced that someone in the Pakistani government "must have had some sense" that a person of interest was in the compound. He added that he has no proof that Pakistan knew it was bin Laden.

The Pakistani government had hoped to resolve the Afridi matter quietly, once media attention died down, perhaps releasing him to US custody, according to two Pakistani officials. They requested anonymity because the investigation into charges the doctor behaved treasonously was ongoing.
The Times of India on Mobile

mayfair

Who wants to bet that the Doctor is merely a red herring..

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Finally the self appeasing WOT lobby of Pakistanis got something to rejoice.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Pakistan may seek to trade hero Afridi for Al Qaeda-linked terrorist | Fox News

Pakistan is preparing a proposal to swap the doctor who helped the CIA pinpoint Usama bin Laden for a notorious female neuroscientist and suspected Al Qaeda operative being held at a federal prison in Texas, FoxNews.com has learned.

The exchange would involve Dr. Shakil Afridi, the pro-America doctor whose vaccination ruse helped establish the terror kingpin's presence in an Abbottabad compound prior to the Navy SEAL raid that killed him, and Dr. Aafia Siddiqui. Siddiqui is a U.S.-trained neurosurgeon who left Massachusetts after 9/11 and resurfaced in Afghanistan where she was arrested for trying to kill U.S. soldiers.

Khalid Sheikh Muhammed told U.S. authorities Siddiqui was an Al Qaeda courier and operative. A State Department spokesman acknowledged that Pakistan has been eager to get Siddiqui extradited, but said no deal is in the works.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Pakistan want to swap AQ operative for good doctor who is hero to free world this shows that Pakistan is two face whore and front line terrorist state.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
And your information comes from ... where, exactly?
may be part of american culture

Ridley wrote about Bagram's "Prisoner 650" and her ordeal of torture and repeatedly being raped for over four years. "The cries of (this) helpless woman echoed (with such torment) in the jail that (it) prompted prisoners to go on hunger strike." Ridley called her a "gray lady (because) she (was) almost a ghost, a spectre whose cries and screams continue to haunt those who heard her. This would never happen to a Western woman." It did to Aafia, other Muslim women as well, and their ordeal continues horrifically.
more in the link

Abduction, Torture, Raping Of Aafia Siddiqui

Tolaha

Not possible

Afia is now as good as dead thanks to the americans..

more in the link

"If" Aafia has been raped, then the swap is "Not possible", because she is "good as dead". So Aafia's life has some meaning to Farhan only if she has not been raped. Strange are the ways of the Pakistanis!

W.G.Ewald

Professional

more in the link

When the commies wrote garbage like this, it was called agitprop.

Agitprop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And this is your source, a known conspiracy theorist::

Jeff Rense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeff Rense is an American conspiracy theorist and radio talk-show host of the Jeff Rense Program, broadcast on US satellite radio via the Rense Radio Network and Internet radio. Wikipedia

W.G.Ewald

Professional
For what it is worth, I was willing at one time to give @farhan9909 the benefit of the doubt in his posts. Now, especially after his giving rense.com as a source, I will no longer trust anything he posts.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Jeff_Rense

W.G.Ewald

Professional
QUOTE=Dovah;768484]Anybody who uses Jeff Rense/Alex Jones as his source in serious discussion should be ignored.[/QUOTE]

I have learned my lesson re:farhan9909.

FWIW, Rense has been cited a total of five (5) time in the history of DFI.:hmm:[

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
For what it is worth, I was willing at one time to give @farhan9909 the benefit of the doubt in his posts. Now, especially after his giving rense.com as a source, I will no longer trust anything he posts.

Jeff Rense - RationalWiki
well i posted the source without knowing him

2nd part i wanted to post non pakistani link.

the bold part tell me that you certainly has discovered that torture was done with aafia siddiqui despite she being innocent.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles