Pakistani cricketers will miss IPL 6 too

Blackwater

NEW DELHI: On a day Pakistan cricket team arrived in India for three ODIs and two T20 international, they were greeted with a rude shock yet again - they won't be taking part in next year's IPL.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sources said, according to the list released by the IPL governing council to all the franchisee of 37 players to be auctioned in February 3, none of the Pakistan cricketers figured. However, the biggest catch in the auction will be from England camp - starting from Monty Panesar, Matt Prior to Ravi Bhopara - all will be up for the grabs.

Earlier, the franchises were in the impression that Pakistan players would be there in the auction because the national team was touring India for a short series. Some of the teams were actually eyeing them after seeing their performances in the last T20 World Championship in Sri Lanka.

Sources said that the BCCI was not keen for the Pakistan cricketers and the official refused to specify the reason for keeping the Pakistan cricketers out yet again. Sources also said that the Indian government had nothing to do with this decision.

"There is no problem buying Pakistan cricketers in the auction, but somehow there was no move from anywhere to include them for the auction," a franchisee owner told TOI.

Meanwhile, IPL said that the venue for the auction is yet to be decided. The auction was supposed to be held earlier, but it was clashing with the India-England ODI series which is scheduled to be held from January 11 to 27.

Pakistani cricketers will miss IPL 6 too - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

Blackwater

PCB should call back their team immediately ,cancel this trip.

izzat ka sawal ha???..Ya Roti ka???:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
:lol:. I hope their Ghairat will make them cancel the Indian tour.

KS

Bye bye DFI
I have lost interest in IPL.

It has ----ed up the Test Cricket temperament among Indian players..

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I have lost interest in IPL.

It has ----ed up the Test Cricket temperament among Indian players..
Every country has T20 Leagues. IPL is more hyped because of the money involved and being the largest league. Every nation plays T20. England started T20 years back when BCCI actually didn't adopt the format and was actually opposed to it.

Blame for failure of Indian players in Tests lies in domestic tournaments like Ranji Trophy. International players never play in it. Most of the times Indian international schedule clashes with domestic ones that does not let players play domestic cricket. Players also need rest so the opt out too. Lack of clear distinction between domestic and international seasons, playing too much cricket in the international season which burns out players is responsible. England and Australia have very clear cut seasons. Their leagues are strong in te longer format. This allows them to churn out good test players.

Agnostic Muslim

The IPL is a privately run league (in contrast to ICC organized tournaments) and therefore they are well within their rights to include or exclude whomever they want. Pakistan and Pakistani cricketers have no room to complain here, and the PCB and Pakistani cricketers should not cancel the tour to India as a response - that at least is my opinion on the issue now.

Blackwater

The IPL is a privately run league (in contrast to ICC organized tournaments) and therefore they are well within their rights to include or exclude whomever they want. Pakistan and Pakistani cricketers have no room to complain here, and the PCB and Pakistani cricketers should not cancel the tour to India as a response - that at least is my opinion on the issue now.
IPL is ICC approved. BCCI runs ICC ,if they want u can't play in BPL and SCL.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistan players dnt want to play in IPL as our brother in Bangladesh has already bought key players to the BPL

once things get settled down and international cricket is allowed in pak.OUR own PPL will be equivalent of IPL

bose

Country flag
Pakistan players dnt want to play in IPL as our brother in Bangladesh has already bought key players to the BPL

once things get settled down and international cricket is allowed in pak.OUR own PPL will be equivalent of IPL
Are you sure about the bolded part ?? If every thing goes well, I think Pakistani players will be allowed from next season.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Are you sure about the bolded part ?? If every thing goes well, I think Pakistani players will be allowed from next season.
even if they do for money sake.

PCB should put ban on them now.

bose

Country flag
even if they do for money sake.

PCB should put ban on them now.
I dis agree with our observation... If the situation between the two countries improve ... then it will be a win win situation for both players & PCB... You never know BCCI may help PCB to bring back cricket in Pakistan which is very important for PCB than how many players play in IPL...

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
I dis agree with our observation... If the situation between the two countries improve ... then it will be a win win situation for both players & PCB... You never know BCCI may help PCB to bring back cricket in Pakistan which is very important for PCB than how many players play in IPL...
Good for players only i agree.as they will make alot of money because Bhai jaan SRK will buy majority of pakistani players

though i guess it wont help bringing back cricket in pakistan.

Once everything settle down and terrorism/blast activities are reduced in pak somehow under IK.international cricket will be back.

Remember that so was the situation in sri lanka once when LTTE were active.but now everyone can play in sri lanka.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No one will miss the Pakistanis except the fixers since it will be a tad more difficult without them and the rates will be higher.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

:rofl: :pound:

Afridi to BCCI: Let us play IPL

Shahid Afridi feels deeply hurt and has appealed to the BCCI that Pakistan players shouldn't be treated as "untouchables" when it comes to including them in IPL.
Kamran wants Pakistani players to be part of IPL

Cricketer Kamran Akmal has said that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) must sort out its differences with India so that the country's players can take part in the Indian Premier League (IPL).

johnnyboy

Well, your players hardly try to hide their fascination for IPL... they often come out in open media, literally begging to include them in the tournament. :heh:

Comparing that minnow BPL to mammoth IPL? :lol:

Afridi being most expensive in BPL went for $700,000... which is like peanuts compared to big IPL bids. Let me give an example - Vinay Kumar, who is not even a part of national team was purchased for $1 million.

Kahan Raja Bhoj... kahan Gangu Teli !!! :pound:

Blackwater

Good for players only i agree.as they will make alot of money because Bhai jaan SRK will buy majority of pakistani players

though i guess it wont help bringing back cricket in pakistan.

Once everything settle down and terrorism/blast activities are reduced in pak somehow under IK.international cricket will be back.

Remember that so was the situation in sri lanka once when LTTE were active.but now everyone can play in sri lanka.

your bhai jaan already suffered by promoting and included rawalpindi express. thats y he did not take him in next 4 series.

in the end BCCI control ICC. Without BCCI permission patta nahi hilta world cricket me

Blackwater

PPL can not compete with IPL in terms of revenue and popularity.:cool2::cool2:

international cricket will not come to pakistan soon untill u recognize India as big brother:p:p

Global Defence

New threads

Articles