Pakistani Army Major Forcefully Retired for keeping a Lengthy Beard

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
Pindi: A retired army Major has alleged before the Lahore High Court (LHC), Rawalpindi bench, that he was given compulsory retirement with inappropriate remarks due to his growing of beard.Justice Ch Muhammad Younis of the LHC issued notices to the Ministry of Defence seeking reply.

Petitioner Major (R) Zaheeruddin told the court that he was commissioned in the Pakistan Army, in the Artillery Corps, where he performed various professional courses in order to excel in service. Performance of the petitioner was exceptional and he was posted as the second in command, in an Artillery regiment at Lahore on December 31, 2011.

The petitioner said that he was maintaining beard in accordance with the laid down Army instructions (AR(I) 684), requiring the beard to remain within the limits of four fingers below the under chin. :rofl::rofl:

While performing his duties he was told one day by his brigade commander and the General Officer Commanding (GOC), to trim down his beard. The petitioner, having a religious family background, refused to obey the command, as he was maintaining beard strictly in accordance with the Army rules.

He said that his refusal to obey the unlawful command of trimming beard, triggered the wrath of his commander who started victimising him. He first cancelled the Major's family accommodation and also turned down petitioner's request for posting out from the jurisdiction of the brigade commander.

On January 09, 2012, he received a letter from the military secretary, GHQ, regarding issuance advance notice for his retirement order in the following terms."COAS has approved your compulsory retirement 'Due to Fault' with SOD (Struck of Duty) i.e. (with effect from) 13 May 2012."

The petitioner feeling aggrieved at the hands of his superior commanders, sought for the remedy available to him under his service rules and submitted three petitions for the redress of grievance (through proper channel), by seeking interview of the chief of army staff (COAS), under the provisions of Pakistan Army Act Sec 168. But, unfortunately, all these three petitions were blocked in the chain of command illegally and unlawfully and could not reach the COAS.

The petitioner then filed a petition before the Adjutant General, GHQ, seeking for the interview of the COAS, which also went un-responded. Then Major, finding no way out, ultimately, on March 30, 2012, forwarded a direct application to the COAS, apprising him of the arbitrary action taken by the military secretary without issuing any show-cause notice, framing any charge sheet, holding an inquiry or giving any opportunity to the petitioner to defend himself, and being prematurely retired, "Due to Fault".

In response to his direct application to the COAS, the petitioner was called at the GHQ on May 7, 2012, to have an interview with the Adjutant General instead of the COAS.

During his interview with the Adjutant General, it was revealed that approval of petitioner's, "Compulsory Premature Retirement with Fault", had been obtained from the COAS, by misrepresenting to him (COAS) that fair chance and opportunity had been afforded to petitioner to defend himself and that the petitioner had been interviewed at Personnel Services Directorate (PS Dte, GHQ), for intimating the charges levelled against him.

Fact of the matter is that PS Dte GHQ had never held any interview with the petitioner. The military secretary GHQ finally agreed, that the petitioner had been wronged and his retirement order was held in abeyance.

On August 1, 2012, however, once again a similar malafide order was issued by the military secretary, conveying that the petitioner had been "Prematurely Compulsory Retired Due to Fault".

Legal counsel for the petitioner, Col (R) Inamur Rahim Advocate, while talking to this correspondent, said that the order will deprive the petitioner from all the service benefits that is a plot after completing 15 years of service, monetary compensation and chances of re-employment in any other organisation.

The petitioner has adopted before the court that he was retired with malafide and unlawfully and the Army Act provides complete freedom of religious practices.He has prayed to the court to declare the notification as malafide, corum non judice, without jurisdiction and, therefore, strike down the same.

He also prayed to the LHC to direct the respondents to amend, "Premature Retirement Due to Fault", of the petitioners to read, "Premature Retirement" (only no fault of officer) and issue the fresh retirement order, enabling him to receive the service benefits accruing on completion of 15 years of service.The petition will be fixed for hearing after the Ministry of Defence submits reply.

How can the Army of Islamic Republic of Pakistan can Stop a Ghazi - A Warrior of Allah from performing his Religious Duties?

@farhan_9909 @KS @Blackwater @maomao @Mad Indian @rock127 @Raj 30 @Decklander

Last edited by a moderator:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Re: Pakistani Army Major Forcefully Retired for keeping a Lengthy Bear

with the laid down Army instructions (AR(I) 684), requiring the beard to remain within the limits of four fingers below the under chin.
So does Islam says

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

Can you quote the Hadeeth No., Verse No, if any?
sorry i cant but you can ask any muslim scholar about this.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

So i got them on google search

Hazrat Imam Bukhari Raziallahu Ta'alah 'Anhu reports on the authority of Hazrat Imam Nafi' Raziallahu Ta'alah 'Anhu who narrates from Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Umar, Radi-Allahu anhu, that Huzoor said, "Oppose the Mushrikeen (polytheists); lengthen the beards and trim the moustaches."

Imam Nafi' Raziallahu Ta'alah 'Anhu further states, "And Hazrat ibn 'Umar Raziallahu Ta'alah 'Anhu, during Hajj or Umrah Shareef used to hold on to his beard with his fist and cut off whatever was in excess of that."

(Bukhari Shareef vol.2 pg.875; Kitab-ul-Libas no.5892)

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag

So without beard no paki can be solder of Islam?

Last edited:

datguy79

A hadith is open to interpretation and also its strength depends on its chain of narration. I think you can grow it as long as you want, just can't trim higher than a fist-length.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

The petitioner said that he was maintaining beard in accordance with the laid down Army instructions (AR(I) 684), requiring the beard to remain within the limits of four fingers below the under chin. :rofl::rofl:
what if he is like Khali, with big fingers..............:rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

If one has too long a beard and it is not kept under control, then it might get stuck in the weapon being fired and cause a jam apart from bodily harm

This man is from the Arty.

Imagine him reading the fire table to give the orders and the unkempt long hair covers his eyes in a storm and he is fighting to keep it down so that he can read the fire tables!
I believe it is to be fistful in Islamic madhab

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

A hadith is open to interpretation and also its strength depends on its chain of narration. I think you can grow it as long as you want, just can't trim higher than a fist-length.
you may be right

my knowledge about religious issues is very limited

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

there must be some other reason for the retirement of this major

because atleast 95% of PA troops don't have beard

Blackwater

you may be right

my knowledge about religious issues is very limited

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Zarvin

Thank goodness, some sense in this country.

Zarvin

Bhai, the country is not run by religious law, if he wants to wear beard then he should go to saudi/afghanistan and take his bearded buffoon friends with him.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

Your knowledge is VERY VERY limited in almost everything.
to be fair atleast he recognizes his blank spots.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

to be fair atleast he recognizes his blank spots.
Really? Check him out on Nuke related thread where he makes a fool out of himself.

pmaitra

The leader of the fascist al-Saud regime, and financier of Wahhabi militancy, and the self styled pioneer of Islam has a beard that is smaller than four - well - one finger.

Enjoy!

King Abdullah

Turki al-Saud

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles