Pakistan will get jets from elsewhere if F-16 funding not arranged, Aziz cautions US

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Remember this thread guys?
:biggrin2:
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...make-full-payment-for-f-16s-no-subsidy.76333/
Now, a new drama.
:rofl:
Pakistan will get jets from elsewhere if F-16 funding not arranged, Aziz cautions US
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan will acquire jets from elsewhere if the United States (US) does not arrange funding for a previously agreed upon F-16 fighter jet sale, Sartaj Aziz, the prime minister's adviser on foreign affairs, cautioned the US as both countries lock horns over the purchase of the jets.
"If funding is arranged, Pakistan will get the F-16s, otherwise we will opt for jets from some other place," Aziz said, without clarifying which jets he was referring to and where they would be bought from.
Bought? :D
Aziz elaborated the US administration has given its consent for the sale of F-16s, and the only hurdle is finances.
Investing such huge amount on defense among developing countries.
But they still wanna get jets.
The US gives Pakistan $265 million as part of foreign military assistance, in previous years it was $300 million. The amount received is split between the three branches of the armed forces. Pakistan Air Force's (PAF) share is $80 million, which they had allocated for the last three years to buy the jets, added Aziz.
So, these are the sources of finance.
Shameless people. :tsk:
"The funding we received was part of normal military funding received from US, and not specifically meant for the purchase of F-16s. The US has informed us that we can use the funds for purchase of other military equipment and items, but not F-16s."
Pakistan had earlier reached an understanding with the US for buying eight F-16 planes. Under the deal, Pakistan was required to pay about $270m from its national funds. The US was supposed to provide the rest from its Foreign Military Financing (FMF) fund.
:rotfl:
But at a congressional hearing, US lawmakers last Wednesday made it clear that they would not allow the Obama administration to use US funds for the deal.
Last Friday, a State Department official told Dawn that Congress had placed a hold on the deal, forbidding the administration from using US funds for enabling Pakistan to buy the planes.
And on Monday afternoon, the department confirmed that Pakistan will have to use its own funds if it wants the planes.
The latest announcement practically kills the deal as Pakistan may find it difficult to buy the planes at two and a half times more than the agreed price.
Aziz said Pakistan valued the F-16s for their effectiveness, but said that they could be replaced by JF-17 Thunder jets in its anti-terrorism campaign.
Sure,
JF-17>>>>>> F-16
:pound::pound:

The adviser also expressed concern over India's growing military power and said if it isn't checked, Pakistan will be "forced to increase its strategic power" too.
Look guys, pakistan will contain India by begging.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
"The international community should avoid steps which may disturb the strategic balance in South Asia", Aziz warned.
Care about South Asia only forget entire world being passed like a football between NATO and Russia-China.
India at least plays as swinging power to maintain strategic balance.
Aziz reiterated the government's resistance towards handing Dr Shakeel Afridi over to American authorities.
And still demanding money.
"We have rejected American pressure on Pakistan regarding Afridi, who helped the US trace Osama bin Laden. For the US he is a hero but for Pakistan he is a criminal," he stated.

Afridi's case is under review by a tribunal, and he is also suspected of links with terrorist organisations, Aziz added.

The adviser also confirmed that an Afghan Taliban delegation from Doha is in Islamabad for explanatory contacts and such contacts are maintained by all members of the Quadrilateral Coordination Group which consists of the US, China, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Last week, the Afghan Taliban's spokesperson in Doha formally confirmed that a delegation from their political office in Qatar was visiting Pakistan and promised “fruitful results”, but rejected the impression that the group was there to discuss participation in peace talks with Kabul.
@3deffect @Mikesingh @Navnit Kundu @indiatester @Kshatriya87

3deffect

Country flag
i dont think except china anyone given them some good aircraft...pakistan do begging and try to make emotional other countrys but i dont think so { emotions works here }
well USA says pakis hav 1 month to give all money...let see

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
Care about South Asia only forget entire world being passed like a football between NATO and Russia-China.
India at least plays as swinging power to maintain strategic balance.
Why should Pak bother ? It gets assistance --financial and military from both camps, albeit for different reasons. On the other hand, India has bad vibes even with her smaller neighbours. India has always been looked down upon by International Community, thanks to her inept & arrogant political class. Unfortunately, this arrogance is present in Indian common-man also.

Blackwater

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India has always been looked down upon by International Community, thanks to her inept & arrogant political class.
Here, you're wrong, go on other forums and you'll find out. (Except British idiots who even look down at America. :biggrin2: )
Unfortunately, this arrogance is present in Indian common-man also.
Not all, some. Majority don't even bother about such matters.
That is the reason why even after having around 47 crore internet users in India, there are only 14-15000 members on DFI.

Bahamut

May be Turkey give some F 16 .....................

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
#

baegartipaan ki haad ho gayi.

budha has proved how low pakis can go .

on one hand they need amriki weapon and money free other hand threat amriki

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

a ki bakwas kiti ha

How about taking aid from India.
India annually provides Economic Aid and donations in neighborhood plus many countries overseas. :peace:
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...-aid-and-assistance-to-other-countries.76290/
On the other hand, India has bad vibes even with her smaller neighbours.
Sorry, didn't saw before.
US has with Cuba, China has with many.
In fact,
Small neighbors generally do not trust their large hegemonic neighbor who can occupy them in future (like happened in Sikkim or can go further with Bhutan and Seychelles in future).
If India's neighbors are going apart with India and closer to China, China's neighbors are also going against China and coming close to us as well.
India has always been looked down upon by International Community, thanks to her inept & arrogant political class.
If you don't monitor international politics, don't even bother to comment. India is still a respectable player in diplomacy (as swinger) and it has earned only more strength after NDA came to power.

sasum

Here, you're wrong, go on other forums and you'll find out. (Except British idiots who even look down at America.
I disagree. I regularly visit various foreign forums to gauge moods of commoners about India and Indians. India ranks rather low in their estimates. Why go elsewhere? On DFI itself you go thru the posts of foreign nationals...Chinese, French, Russians...how dismissive they are about any Indian initiative. I know @Sakal Gharelu Ustad will seize upon this post to berate me and say I am suffering from another bout of self-loathing.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
i dont think except china anyone given them some good aircraft...pakistan do begging and try to make emotional other countrys but i dont think so { emotions works here }
well USA says pakis hav 1 month to give all money...let see
The US has given them good stuff in the past, across the spectrum. In fact, apart from maybe the Kargil war, Pakistan has always had a technical edge over India, be it their Saber planes or Patton tanks or the intel gathering equipment. Even France has given them submarines and top of the line Exocet missiles. US has given them Harpoon anti-ship missiles. All of this drama being played out is like a Tango dance. The US makes a move then Pakistan makes a move, and so it goes on, and the dance appears mesmerizing to the audience (India) but for the dancers, it's routine thing, and it's fun. Pakistan knows which buttons to press to get America to dance on its tunes. America knows how to fool Indian public by appearing as if they are only reluctantly giving the equipment "to save humanity from a nuclear catastrophe".

I disagree. I regularly visit various foreign forums to gauge moods of commoners about India and Indians. India ranks rather low in their estimates. Why go elsewhere? On DFI itself you go thru the posts of foreign nationals...Chinese, French, Russians...how dismissive they are about any Indian initiative. I know @Sakal Gharelu Ustad will seize upon this post to berate me and say I am suffering from another bout of self-loathing.
The views of commoners in any nation are hardly based on objective data points. Not to mention, all nationalists on all forums talk shit about all other countries. I don't know how you managed to add context to that shit and arrive at a conclusive inference that they are all right in thinking so.

As opposed to nationalists, Marxists in any nation are adept at talking shit about their own countries, so if you visit Marxist forums of other nations, you will find them drawing unsavory inferences about their own governments. That would balance out your perspective a bit.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I disagree. I regularly visit various foreign forums to gauge moods of commoners about India and Indians. India ranks rather low in their estimates. Why go elsewhere?
If talking till 2012-13, then, yes.
Otherwise, no.
I visit a number of forums. You have problem with Chinese? How about visiting sinodefence first and checking posts and threads from mid 2015?
On DFI itself you go thru the posts of foreign nationals...Chinese, French, Russians...how dismissive they are about any Indian initiative. I know @Sakal Gharelu Ustad will seize upon this post to berate me and say I am suffering from another bout of self-loathing.
During troll wars, even pakis demean us to their level. Will that change reality? India is ranked 4th in GFP because of a solid reason. If your perception is disturbed by few trolls, use neutral articles to know what's happening.
You are talking about French? How about checking their geopolitical conditions? Themselves, they have inferiority complex.
It isn't failure of government, it is fault of arrogant, presstitute media who always create a gloom that India can't do nothing. Specially, New24.

Just speaking against every policy, nice or bad. Kuchh bhi chalega.
:amen:
Think over my advice. Use articles and sites daily, statistics of economy and strategic aspects daily. Other thing is confirmed that NDA is definitely doing much better than UPA.
Playing swing and creating win win equations. Admit or not.

Politicians are also humans, Indians, they too have brains that what's right or wrong.
Remember your title Need a benevolent dictator for India?
I know, it was a result of usual gloom that India is failing, India is nothing,
we need dictators :blah::blah:
(World's fastest growing economy who's rapidly changing compared to other countries, goes 4-5 ranks above every year).
You can't imagine how shameful and dangerous a dictator gonna be. Corruption will be dancing on every inch of country but you'll be told you're awesome, invincible(like North Korea).
Better is Democracy where drum of corruption is daily beaten up even after having a relatively corruption free system(yes, China and Russia are corrupt than us).
Think over it as well.
Anyway, ask for something if you want. Regards. :namaste:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Pakis will get their f16's at the same discount offer within a month of modi's joint session speech.

Similar drama even happened during modi's first visit, it was for those 900 million dollars.

Sab Miley hue hain :)

sasum

#

baegartipaan ki haad ho gayi.

budha has proved how low pakis can go .

on one hand they need amriki weapon and money free other hand threat amriki

a ki bakwas kiti ha

Begging is an honourable profession. Haven't you heard about Gautam Buddha ?He made a virtue out of begging.
Haven't you read news stories about Pakis going to Mecca on Hajj and returning millionaire after five days of begging around Ka'aba and Mount Arafat. I copied & posted two blogs by Pakistani youths in Feb., about how begging is spreading like wild-fire in Pak. Men & women in colorful clothes and clown-make-ups crowd around shopping malls, markets, multiplexes and wedding venues in the evening after finishing their daily chores; and return home making quite a few bucks before going to bed.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
If talking till 2012-13, then, yes.
Otherwise, no.
I visit a number of forums. You have problem with Chinese?
He doesn't have a problem with China, he is an Indian Marxist so naturally he has a problem with India. As per the Marxist handbook, if a civilization encounters a problem, the best way to handle the situation is not to brainstorm scientific ways to solve it, but to turn it into an exercise in social science and start breastbeating and lamenting about it all over the world. That is how you become an intellectual. Even you can try that trick if you want to become an intellectual, I think you are wasting your time being a space scientist Bittu ji. Just go outside and click a photograph of a pothole, come back, upload it to Facebook and go at it like there's no tomorrow "Pff, India can't even build simple roads without potholes but we are spending money on Mars mission, what retards! we need to feed the poor and hungry, once those poor and hungry start doing potty on the streets, the prime minister needs to personally clean it. Instead of wiping the asses the poor people, Indians are busy sending satellites. I am ashamed to be an Indian, what a filthy country. Is desh ka kuch nahi hoga. We should learn from Stalin and Mao who killed millions. What a vision, what wisdom, wah! wah! what an inspiration. Indian politicians can't even hope to come close. Laal Salaam!".

"Foreigners talk shit about India on internet forums, therefore India is shit" - #MarxistLogic

"Mao and Stalin killed millions therefore they are the best epitomes of pro-people policies" - #MarxistLogic

Bas ban gaya tu intellectual. Likh ke lele bhai.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
He doesn't have a problem with China, he is an Indian Marxist so naturally he has a problem with India. As per the Marxist handbook, if a civilization encounters a problem, the best way to handle the situation is not to brainstorm scientific ways to solve it, but to turn it into an exercise in social science and start breastbeating and lamenting about it all over the world. That is how you become an intellectual. Even you can try that trick if you want to become an intellectual, I think you are wasting your time being a space scientist Bittu ji. Just go outside and click a photograph of a pothole, come back, upload it to Facebook and go at it like there's no tomorrow "Pff, India can't even build simple roads without potholes but we are spending money on Mars mission, what retards! we need to feed the poor and hungry, once those poor and hungry start doing potty on the streets, the prime minister needs to personally clean it. Instead of wiping the asses the poor people, Indians are busy sending satellites. I am ashamed to be an Indian, what a filthy country. Is desh ka kuch nahi hoga. We should learn from Stalin and Mao who killed millions. What a vision, what wisdom, wah! wah! what an inspiration. Indian politicians can't even hope to come close. Laal Salaam!".

"Foreigners talk shit about India on internet forums, therefore India is shit" - #MarxistLogic

"Mao and Stalin killed millions therefore they are the best epitomes of pro-people policies" - #MarxistLogic

Bhai Shant, @sasum is still less pathetic than CrYsIs and genius. :p
I didn't tag them so that they may not derail even this thread. We can make @sasum understand anything but genius and CrYsIs are b**tches of China.
Speak something against China in front of them and watch the reaction. ;)

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

In another development and as you hinted in another thread about backstabbing history of Jews - Azerbaijan got a system of Barak 8 from Israel,the same Azerbaijan concluded a military pact with Pakis few day back sharing military technology and JV

pakis can get their hands on a single missile anytime considering their strong relations with Azeris

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles