Pakistan, where is your sovereignty?

pmaitra

Change in leadership will not make any change in pakistan mentality,yesterday when whole world was celebrating death of OBL.Pakistani people protested against the death of OBL.Pakistani media call USA terrorist and OBL as martyr.

Pakistani people on the road protested for OBL and was giver prayer to OBL.

Terrorism is pakistan ideology change in leadership will not change this.

You know only 3% pakistani think OBL is terrorist.
Well said. Check this post [CLICK].

pmaitra

Islam extremist can find soil in any country that is poor, depressed and led by corrupted government. Pakistan people are not born to be radical, and most of them are not. They just need to find a way to get their life back on track.
PRC has often accused Uighurs of being extremist. Uighurs are poor and also depressed, or I'd say repressed. Does that also mean PRC has a corrupt government?

Maybe, maybe not. PRC is definitely not a well-wisher of India and has been a grand supporter of every corrupt regime in Pakistan.

kickok1975

PRC has often accused Uighurs of being extremist. Uighurs are poor and also depressed, or I'd say repressed. Does that also mean PRC has a corrupt government?

Maybe, maybe not. PRC is definitely not a well-wisher of India.
PRC never accused uighurs as terrorist. PRC only accused terrorist as terrorist, including han terrorist. The fact that a lot of terrorist in Xinjiang area are uighurs doesn't mean Uighurs as a whole is terrorist group. Because overall they represent just a tiny bit percentage of Uigur population.

In regard to China isn't a well-wisher for India. I don't know it is true. But it certainly depends on how India treat China as well.

Yan Luo Wang

Islam extremist can find soil in any country that is poor, depressed and led by corrupted government. Pakistan people are not born to be radical, and most of them are not. They just need to find a way to get their life back on track.
Exactly right.

oh really, we didnt knew , more over can you explain how a directionless country directionless army can puspore
China and India weren't exactly very prosperous until the past few decades.

As the Buddha said, "the only constant is change".

smartindian

Country flag
Exactly right.

China and India weren't exactly very prosperous until the past few decades.

As the Buddha said, "the only constant is change".
you said correctly ,only constant is change , and the question is change in which direction (pakistan change towards self destruction)

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
What a thread.... ha ha ha.

from when pakistan is sovereign.....oops.... so-virgin

They sold themselves to any one who was ready to pay. Remember yahya/ZAB saying to US "treat our army as your army". Or killing of Palestinians in 1970 by pakistani army, for which there brigadier ZAB got the medals, selling there lands to Arabs for hunting grounds. Selling the lands of aksai chin to China for nuclear weapons.

There is nothing sovereign about that state period.

Yan Luo Wang

and the question is change in which direction (pakistan change towards self destruction)
And how do you know which direction the change will occur in?

I've read plenty of reports that predicted China's economy would collapse after the Credit Crunch.

They predict our collapse every few years, and they are always wrong. Predictions are worthless, everyone has their own predictions, and there is no way to know which ones are correct.

And no, I don't believe any of the Western predictions that say China will become a "superpower" either. Future predictions are completely worthless to a person living in the present.

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Osama Bin Laden's Killing is exciting news around the world. The evil finally dies. But put this news aside, I'm surprised to find Laden was killed at a city so close to the capital-Islamabad, and was killed by a foreign force-American Seals Special Force, instead of Pakistani soldiers.

Pakistan is an independent country. But a foreign country's military air craft, drones can fly everyday above her sky; foreign troops can choose when, where, who and how to attack their target, eliminate their enemies in her territory. While thousands of innocent Pakistanis fall victims of such "collateral damages", Pakistan government just sit there idle with empty "protesting". How ironical it is. Isn't it a little shameful?
a few fair questions, if you get the answers right, you will have all your answers:

is pakistan really an independent country to begin with? a country which when created was an obligation on its leaders done by the west to keep their strategic interests intact in the region, can such a country ever be independent?

shameful!!!!!!!!!! did i read the word right? shame and a pakistani never go hand in hand, ever, period!

Pakistan people deserve better life. But the government needs to act like one for Pakistan people. As an observer, I just hope Osama's death is the end of miserable period for Pakistan and all Muslim countries around the world, and the beginning of peace and prosperous for good people living in that land.
you reap what you sow! what goes round comes around!

pakistanis are getting back all that they over the years have given to others, its a simple rule of karma! let them first mend their ways to for a better future, be it what ever it may be.

pakistan army and the government work for foreign powers like the PRC, the USA, the KSA, and they in return get handsomely compensated be it in cash or kind then why should these two power centers ever think about the common man, as is said for the common man, woh marta hai, to marne do (if he dies, let him die) isnt this what the top pakistani civil and military leaderships say in private to the americans, then why worry, after all the pakistanis want to play the bigger strategic game, no matter if they end up as the biggest losers, it hardly ever made a difference to them.

the end of miseries for pakistan will start the day they start to take definitive action against all sorts of terrorism be it directed against anyone and put a full stop to all sort of support that they lend to these terror groups or this country is doomed one day for sure, all their deeds are sure to catch up with them and the day they decide enough of all the strategic games that they otherwise want to be a part of which all is way beyond their grasp, else what miseries and repentance, its an open invitation to all the problems they are facing today which will only compound in times to come.

more that the rhetoric of sovereignty that pakistanis have a habit of crying over, which is allowed to be violated by the civil and military leadership in exchange of rewards, it would have been much better had we been discussion what was the world's most sort after terrorist doing in a town where pakistan military academy is housed, where the top army chaps do various courses, where each and every individual and house is marked, but as was pointed out by an eminent pakistani author, that is an argument that will never find space in pakistan where the media is stringently controlled by the army and isi.

all this talk of sovereignty of pakistan is nothing more than a rhetoric floated by the pak army and isi to put the civil government in the spot light and ease off all the heat that otherwise should turn on them for having remained clueless of all that has been happening in their back yard and their airspace, as if they are some toddlers who have no clues, least we get too engrossed in this rhetoric!

smartindian

Country flag
And how do you know which direction the change will occur in?

I've read plenty of reports that predicted China's economy would collapse after the Credit Crunch.

They predict our collapse every few years, and they are always wrong. Predictions are worthless, everyone has their own predictions, and there is no way to know which ones are correct.

And no, I don't believe any of the Western predictions that say China will become a "superpower" either. Future predictions are completely worthless, out of the thousands of predictions, there is no way to tell which one is correct.
i know your pain , when your beloved friend is criticized all round the world . and verge of calling defaco terrorist state .prediction what nonsense , when we are talking about a terrorist who was most wanted and face of radical islam was given shelter, who wage war against pakistan was given shelter in the heart of the city , only 2 km away from army Garrison, and pretend that it doesnt know nothing . i know your a$$ is burning for your friend , believe me pakistan will disintegrate

Yan Luo Wang

i know your a$$ is burning for your friend , believe me pakistan will disintegrate
Like I said, future predictions aren't worth anything to me. I'll only believe it when it happens.

Pakistan may be going through a bad phase right now, but there is no reason why they can't bounce back and become successful. I hope they do well... the Pakistani nation and the Pakistani people have always been very friendly towards us.

smartindian

Country flag
Like I said, future predictions aren't worth anything to me. I'll only believe it when it happens.

Pakistan may be going through a bad phase right now, but there is no reason why they can't bounce back and become successful. I hope they do well, the Pakistani nation and people have always been very friendly towards us.
they will be more friendly if they give POK to you ? isn't it

SHASH2K2

Pakistan may be going through a bad phase right now, but there is no reason why they can't bounce back and become successful. I hope they do well, they have always been very friendly towards us.
If pakistan become a peaceful and prosperous country no other country will benefit more than India. But thats something we need to wait till eternity and its not gonna happen. That will also change tag of China being ally of almost all failed state . They can count at least one ally that is peaceful and prosperous. Your Hope is justified but give me answer to one honest question. What has China actually done to stabilize Pakistan except for providing nukes and missile so that they become even more reckless.

Yan Luo Wang

If pakistan become a peaceful and prosperous country no other country will benefit more than India. But thats something we need to wait till eternity and its not gonna happen. That will also change tag of China being ally of almost all failed state . They can count at least one ally that is peaceful and prosperous. Your Hope is justified but give me answer to one honest question. What has China actually done to stabilize Pakistan except for providing nukes and missile so that they become even more reckless.
China has helped to construct infrastructure in Pakistan, we have helped to build Power Stations for them (dams, nuclear reactors, etc.) in order to help with their energy crisis.

Still, China's policy is "no interference in internal affairs", and even though we haven't managed to keep to this policy as much as we might have liked... at the end of the day, their country is in their hands.

I have confidence that they will be able to sort out their problems.

but secretly sent's two battalion of PLA to POK ,
As above, that was for construction purposes.

pmaitra

but secretly sent's two battalion of PLA to POK ,
As above, that was for construction purposes.
Russia too sent its people, whether troops or simply workers, I do not know, into Abkhazia with the express intention of building a railway. This very railway was exploited during the Russo-Georgian War. Check this news out: Georgia seeks compromise with Russia on Abkhazia rail dispute. I hope PRC and Pakistan are not hatching nefarious plans to harm India from PoK.

Yan Luo Wang

I hope PRC and Pakistan are not hatching nefarious plans to harm India from PoK.
Well, your opinion is up to you.

Personally, I can't see why we would risk our economic growth for such a petty move.

Try a cost/benefit analysis. What does China have to gain, and what does China have to lose?

The best thing for China, would be to maintain the current status quo.

pmaitra

Well, your opinion is up to you.

Personally, I can't see why we would risk our economic growth for such a petty move.

Do a cost/benefit analysis. What does China have to gain, and what does China have to lose?

China has the most to gain by keeping the current status quo.
It is not my opinion. It is my concern.

Now the fact that many members from PRC are expressing concerns about Pakistan losing its hitherto nonexistent sovereignty, simply buttresses my concern. That's all.

Edit: I must point out that PRC sent in soldiers, who you claim went in to do construction work. As if there is a shortage of construction workers in Pakistan and only soldiers from PRC are capable of performing these tasks.

Last edited:

Yan Luo Wang

Edit: I must point out that PRC sent in soldiers, who you claim went in to do construction work. As if there is a shortage of construction workers in Pakistan and only soldiers from PRC are capable of performing these tasks.
It is not my opinion. It is my concern.
Like I said, it is up to you. It doesn't really bother me either way.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles