Pakistan Warns India, will Communicate in 'Language India Understands'

Redhawk

Re: Pakistan Warns India, will Communicate in 'Language India Understa

If you want to know more, I can tell you more. In simple word they are same language but kept divided artificially due to preferences, thus our film industry users all kinds of vernaculars related to Hindi or Urdu. The division was triggered during British rule in mid 1800s. Pakistan promoted Urdu(with just 3% speakers in 1947 that's too migrants from Northern India) as a national language as language was seen as a symbol of nationalism and legacy of Mughal rule. Infact, Pakistanis still teach their kids that Urdu came from Central instead of recognizing its native origin from Gangetic plains. I saw almost every Pakistan who ever never heard the terms like Khariboli(the common dialect on which Hindi-Urdu are standardized and became popular as a Hindustani vernacular).
Thank you for the additional information, Sambha ka Boss. Excellent filling out of the details on the subject.

But in my first post in reply to you I wasn't requesting more information from you on the linguistic situation. I was simply stating you had provided me with some more information on Hindi and Urdu from the previous post by ladder on the Hindi-Urdu-language nexus. This has been a classic misunderstanding because I worded it badly and made it unclear. That was my error. I made an ambiguous statement.

Nonetheless, it is a fortunate error, I do welcome this additional information as it gives even greater depth to the knowledge on the matter. And it is interesting as well as being informative.

I find it remarkable that the Pakistanis even politicise the origins of Urdu as the national language and refuse to acknowledge Urdu's origin on the Gangetic plains. Everything is political.

Last edited:

Sambha ka Boss

Thank you for the additional information, Sambha ka Boss. Excellent filling out of the details on the subject.

But in my first post in reply to you I wasn't requesting more information from you on the linguistic situation. I was simply stating you had provided me with some more information on Hindi and Urdu from the previous post by ladder on the Hindi-Urdu-language nexus. This has been a classic misunderstanding because I worded it badly and made it unclear. That was my error. I made an ambiguous statement.

Nonetheless, it is a fortunate error, I do welcome this additional information as it gives even greater depth to the knowledge on the matter. And it is interesting as well as being informative.

I find it remarkable that the Pakistanis even politicise the origins of Urdu as the national language and refuse to acknowledge Urdu's origin on the Gangetic plains. Everything is political.
I never misunderstood anything, I only gave a little information, so decided to write more. Regarding their politicizing, time to time they come with numbers of theories about the Origin of Urdu language of Urdu not-Indian like Urdu came from Punjabi in Lahore blah blah but the most popular that it came from Central Asia with Muslim conquerors and it was the language of those soldiers. Pakistan's ideological foundations are in two nation theory-(Hindus and Muslims are different nations) and that Muslim Pakistan is the antithesis of India and they apply in case of languages also and also try to preserve the purity of Urdu from the Indian influence. :pound: you will find this article very interesting. Has Hindi become our national language? – The Express Tribune Blog

Last edited:

pmaitra

Ok so give examples of Jews caught in terrorist activities... at least in India.
No, let's just stick to the skull cap. Moreover, Rajnath Singh is not a Jew.

Redhawk

I never misunderstood anything.
In that case I misunderstood you. :laugh: Your statement was ambiguous.

I never misunderstood anything, I only gave a little information, so decided to write more. Regarding their politicizing, time to time they come with numbers of theories about the Origin of Urdu language of Urdu not-Indian like Urdu came from Punjabi in Lahore blah blah but the most popular that it came from Central Asia with Muslim conquerors and it was the language of those soldiers. Pakistan's ideological foundations are in two nation theory-(Hindus and Muslims are different nations) and that Muslim Pakistan is the antithesis of India and they apply in case of languages also and also try to preserve the purity of Urdu from the Indian influence. :pound: you will find this article very interesting. Has Hindi become our national language? – The Express Tribune Blog
The ideological foundations of Pakistan in the two-nation theory clearly inform the education system and historical facts modified to fit the ideology.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles