Pakistan wants Indian science lectures via video-link

Blackwater

The Pakistan Academy of Sciences (PAS)"ˆhas proposed to the Indian National Science Academy (INSA)"ˆto explore possibilities of popular lectures given by Indian scientists and science courses offered in Indian institutions being beamed via video-link to classrooms across the border.

Sharing the details of his plan at the first meeting of sciences academies of South Asia here, Dr Atta-ur-Rahman, president of Pakistan Academy of Sciences, said the PAS was willing to take a lead role in bridging the gap between academia in two countries if INSA exends its hand. Both academies are government-funded.

"The academy has to set aside some amount of fund and convince Indian universities and scientists to deliver lectures via video link. In Karachi university, academics from other countries offer courses via video-conferencing and there are students' credit for taking such courses. Why can't the same be done with India," he said. The PAS could set aside a part of his funding for this purpose.

The Pakistan academy made a similar offer to China and received positive feed back. "I am going to China later this month to sign an agreement with Chinese Academy of Sciences to sign a memorandum of understanding," Rahman told Deccan Herald.

The Pakistani scientist whose grandfather, Sir Abdur Rahman, was the vice chancellor of Delhi University between 1934 and 1938, said the two countries could exchange scientists and collaborate declining farm productivity, common diseases, use of information and communication technology in enhancing productivity, use of double-blind clinical trials to evaluate medicines mentioned in folk lore and new materials.

India does not have formal relation with Pakistan in science and technology. But as bilateral relations with Pakistan are showing signs of improvement, steps are being taken with the hope of forging a relation in future.

In January, an INSA delegation headed by Krishan Lal, INSA president and former director of National Physical Laboratory, visited Pakistan. Within a few months, Rahman—a professor at the University of Karachi and a former federal minister in Pakistan government—has come with two colleagues to attend the INSA conference.

Asked to comment, Lal said he could respond to the PAS proposal only when the proposal was discussed within the Indian science community and government.
The offer from the Pakistani scientist coincides with External Affairs Minister S M Krishna's visit to Islamabad that began on Friday.

Science academies from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka along with academies from Africa and Mauritius are attending the meeting. The aim is to create a network of academies from Asian nations which can work together on problems faced by people in this part of the world.

Pakistan wants Indian science lectures via video-link

Blackwater

How come GAZI ,nuclear pakistan,who is thakedar of islam, 50000000000 old civilization, creater of Jf-17, babur, Al- kahlid, Al walid, Al- malid, needs science lecture from evil hindus:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
dafuq ?
Hume toh samajh aate nahi, in pakistanio ko khak samajh aayenge :lol::lol:
Why dont they make a deal with American Universities, they are pretty awesome ..indeed :hmm:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
well i remember getting video lecture Online from a college in Chennai(in college)

and i prefer Indian authors books(medical) over western

they are good
and this is a good development

Blackwater

well i remember getting video lecture Online from a college in Chennai(in college)

and i prefer Indian authors books(medical) over western

they are good
and this is a good development
I have also heard ,pak families in UAE, prefers their kids to study in Indian schools:p:p:cool2:

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
I have also heard ,pak families in UAE, prefers their kids to study in Indian schools:p:p:cool2:
What is the problem BW, we should all learn good things from whosoever possible. This is the most clever and the best approach,bound to make you the best country in this world.
Farhan has said about indian authors being good, if i have a choice and i have to get into an international pakistani music school or an indian school then i will prefer pakistani music school given that it is better.

Let good things come from all directions
-Vedas

You should criticize the lunatic fringes in pak like Ghazwa Hamid , Nuthead Gul and Ha-freezed Saeed.
But there are also some good things coming out from pakistan.

Enjoy :thumb:

Blackwater

What is the problem BW, we should all learn good things from whosoever possible. This is the most clever and the best approach,bound to make you the best country in this world.
Farhan has said about indian authors being good, if i have a choice and i have to get into an international pakistani music school or an indian school then i will prefer pakistani music school given that it is better.

Let good things come from all directions
-Vedas

You should criticize the lunatic fringes in pak like Ghazwa Hamid , Nuthead Gul and Ha-freezed Saeed.
But there are also some good things coming out from pakistan.

Enjoy :thumb:
let all Hindus, Sikh start madrasa education:taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:

Blackwater

May be few people

had been in uae for about 55% of my life and never experienced this

i think u come in those few. Most of pak families prefer Indian schools in UAE. Discussed in good morning pakistan show on geo tv

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
let all Hindus, Sikh start madrasa education:taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:
being a student of madrassa once
but i Am sure over my self that i dont talk BS as you
despite you being a student of Brahman(SUPERIOR?) class school

blank_quest

Country flag
u have a great general mis-knowledge ! I never heard of Brahman(SUPERIOR?) class school B.S.:lol: great invention b.t.w.

Blackwater

hahaha your BS so far has already proved that you r madrasa educated.....

hope you dont become jihadi:lol::lol: ,good luck

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
i think u come in those few. Most of pak families prefer Indian schools in UAE. Discussed in good morning pakistan show on geo tv
the problem in the Arab countries is that mostly pakistanis there are illiterate because of better unemployment in Pakistan.so the educated Pakistan prefer Pakistan over foreign

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
You Madarsa educated think we Indians , have same Religous bigotry taught at our schools as you have been ,

Which Brahman class prominent school have you heard of in India ?

Last edited:

Blackwater

You Madarsa educated think we Indians , have same Religous bigotry taught at our schools as you have been ,

Which Brahman class school prominent have you heard of in India ?
yaar he has already told us he is madrasa educated .rest is obvious:laugh::laugh:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
u have a great general mis-knowledge ! I never heard of Brahman(SUPERIOR?) class school B.S.:lol: great invention b.t.w.
two possibilities
either your not living in India
or you just dont want to admit it

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
yaar he has already told us he is madrasa educated .rest is obvious:laugh::laugh:
do you even know What madrassa education means?
Atleast 90% of tho Muslims in the world are madrassa educated

LEARNING OF QURAM

Blackwater

do you even know What madrassa education means?
Atleast 90% of tho Muslims in the world are madrassa educated

LEARNING OF QURAM
all i know all terrorist and suicide bomber are madrasa educated.

all they teach islam is supreme rest are kufur

jihad against india and israel and ameerica

And its learning from Quran sharif or teaching of Quran -a-pak

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
two possibilities
either your not living in India
or you just dont want to admit it
soory man...but there are not 'religious' schools in india .
Yes there are but they are meant for people who want to become 'pandits'.

Normal people have nothing to do with it.
And all abhramic religions are congregational,there is often a gathering and a priest/maulvi gives a sermon.
But in all eastern religions like buddhism/hinduism/taoism/shintoism etc there is no such thing ,people have varieties of path to choose within hinduism and hindus dont go to schools to study religion. Most of the hindus don't know about their religious texts and those who do know have learn from themselves.

Religion enters life only when there is a celebration like holi,diwali,raksha bandan etc.
These religious celebrations are the times when we connect with our religious roots.

Like these are kids playing holi and its a hindu festival where we also pray but it mostly fun!

Girls breaking dahi-handi on important hindu festival of janmashtmi

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles