Pakistan to Get Four more F-22P Frigates

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
F-22p is armed with :
1. 8 SAM [15km (max) range] :scared2:
2. 8 C-802 Anti Ship Missile, best in it's class :scared2::scared2:, when last time it was fired by Hizbollah on a Israeli Corvette look what destruction it caused :( :

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sam range is 8,600 m only ( Naval variant ) a french SAM rip-off of 80s and modified as naval variant..

datguy79

Sam range is 8,600 m only ( Naval variant ) a french SAM rip-off of 80s and modified as naval variant..
This might sound like a stupid question, but why don't surface ships have any armaments on this sides, similar to torpedo pods on subs?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
CIWS such as AK-630 and other are mostly located at Sides..

Besides, Main strike as well as defensive missiles kept in VLS launchers so no need to put them on specific directions..

indian_sukhoi

well this article doesnt really mention the upgrade.but when Noman bashir was navy admiral.the negotiation for more F-22 kinda ships is going on since than.let me quote

I think Medium range HQ-16 is expected
After buying a few F-22p they came to realize that they dont suit PN requirements
Actually PN looked for a cheap and effective platform to replace their old ships, but ended up a Impotent platform. F-22p ships doesnt have the weapon armament or radar/electronics to counter Indian Air/Sea threats.

The main threats for Indian Navy would be PN P-3c and submarine fleet. Buying ASW corvettes for shore based defence against IN subs would had make more sense.

How the heck are they expecting to fit a HQ-16 missile system between the main deck and main gun. There is no space to fit a VLS SAM launchers.

I guess you must know that PN is a defensive force.
Offcoure, PN will be defensive force in the present scenerio.

It doesn't mean that they wont come out of the dockyards. Type-54A frigates are built for "Ship vs Ship" scenarios primary. Atmost of the War, They have to work alone using their own radars to find the enemy location.

PN surface fleet wont have much of a chance.

OHP under genesis upgrade would be better bt not more than f-22p.
Arlight then, Explain me how the F-22P frigates will be better than Hazard Perry class?

The present F-22p have lesser displacement than OHP class, Even the armanent inventory and electronics looks way better. Although, we cannot say the same with Future Modified F-22p.

Qing class are alot better

Why
*more than 5000 tonnes of displacement
*can take up 3 times more number of SLCM compared to type 214
*If pak had SLBM than even being conventional sub it can launch slbm's(6) for more detail google about the older concept of russian golf class submarine on whom qing class is based.the reason qing class are not SSK bt SSB
Actually, 5000 tons of more displacemnt brought disadvantage

U-212 aare said to be the most silent electric submarines at present. If PN brought Type 214s, It would been IN top priority to tackle.

Even if PN have SLBMs cruise missiles. I dont see any way they could use it.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Cant you read ? read the links you provided..
The reason i posted the link for you to read

*Posted picture of f-22(chinese one not FAC azmat)
*THan you said it has AK 630.your wrong f-22P don't have AK 630
*Beside this FM-90 which itself has a 15km range you confused that with the older hq-7 series.but again that can be upgraded with out indigenous future(short range) or chinese hq-16

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You not only, dont read but as well as hallucinating ..

1. Post of mine is about F22P, Thread is about F-22p, Don't know nor i care about what azmat is here..
2. Chinese clones of AK-630, AK-630 anyways..
3. Read the article you provided to me again and again, Naval version of HQ-7/FM-80 is just 8.6kms, What may, can, will does not count until its official..

The reason i posted the link for you to read

*Posted picture of f-22(chinese one not FAC azmat)
*THan you said it has AK 630.your wrong f-22P don't have AK 630
*Beside this FM-90 which itself has a 15km range you confused that with the older hq-7 series.but again that can be upgraded with out indigenous future(short range) or chinese hq-16

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
You not only, dont read but as well as hallucinating ..

1. Post of mine is about F22P, Thread is about F-22p, Don't know nor i care about what azmat is here..
2. Chinese clones of AK-630, AK-630 anyways..
3. Read the article you provided to me again and again, Naval version of HQ-7/FM-80 is just 8.6kms, What may, can, will does not count until its official..
Well f-22p has fm-90 not fm-80 and has a range of 15km.
and Similar not clones

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
After buying a few F-22p they came to realize that they dont suit PN requirements
Actually PN looked for a cheap and effective platform to replace their old ships, but ended up a Impotent platform. F-22p ships doesnt have the weapon armament or radar/electronics to counter Indian Air/Sea threats.
No,they only lack a med range SAM.which can be upgraded later

and your wrong about the latter
The main threats for Indian Navy would be PN P-3c and submarine fleet. Buying ASW corvettes for shore based defence against IN subs would had make more sense.

How the heck are they expecting to fit a HQ-16 missile system between the main deck and main gun. There is no space to fit a VLS SAM launchers.
leave it to them.they might have bigger displacement..you should leave it to them.
Offcoure, PN will be defensive force in the present scenerio.
not after the induction of qing class with slcm as well as slbm
It doesn't mean that they wont come out of the dockyards. Type-54A frigates are built for "Ship vs Ship" scenarios primary. Atmost of the War, They have to work alone using their own radars to find the enemy location.

PN surface fleet wont have much of a chance.
we will see

Arlight then, Explain me how the F-22P frigates will be better than Hazard Perry class?

The present F-22p have lesser displacement than OHP class, Even the armanent inventory and electronics looks way better. Although, we cannot say the same with Future Modified F-22p.
they are older..PN might not use them for more than 15years

Actually, 5000 tons of more displacemnt brought disadvantage

U-212 aare said to be the most silent electric submarines at present. If PN brought Type 214s, It would been IN top priority to tackle.

Even if PN have SLBMs cruise missiles. I dont see any way they could use it.
Why Qing class subs are better than type 214 for PN

*Much bigger displacement
*Has capability of even launching SLBM(pak might not opt for this though)
*can carry three times more SLCM's than type 214
*Will be manufactured at ksew

in short you can call Qing class as poor man ssbn.
will give pakistan a true second strike capability

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
but there is now one called fm-90(N):thumb:
Never forget Operation Trident & Operation python . Ur naval dock Karachi was on blaze :taunt:

F-22P just bring it if u have what it takes we are in INS KADAMBA

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
F-22p has

Armament:
Guns:
1× 76.2 mm calibre AK–176M main gun
Type 730B CIWS (2× 30 mm 7-barrel gatling guns)
Missiles:
1× 8-cell FM-90N SAM launcher
2× 4-cell C-802 SSM launchers; Range 120 km
Other:
2× 3-cell ET-52C torpedo launchers
2× 6-cell RDC-32 anti-submarine rockets

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
but there is now one called fm-90(N):thumb:
it has range of 15,000 m to all targets means 15 km.

ok now suppose MKI doping this Moskit to F-22P

it has operational range of 120 km.with Speed Mach 3. I dont need to tell you what will happen next.

natarajan

We should prepare navy for against Chinese but in reality they are not even coping up with pakistan navy,we should start rapid induction instead of wasting time

We need to induct frigate,destroyers,mistral class ,ssn like rubis in large number

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles