Pakistan to buy bulletproof cricket buses

Blackwater

Pakistan is set to introduce bulletproof buses as part of efforts to persuade foreign cricket teams to return after a long suspension over security fears.:laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pakistani cricket chiefs have approved the purchase of bulletproof buses as part of efforts to persuade foreign teams to return after a long suspension over security fears.

No international team has played in Pakistan since the March 2009 attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team bus in Lahore, which left eight people dead and seven visiting players wounded.

But the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) hopes internationals could be revived as early as next year following the successful staging of two exhibition matches in Karachi involving an International World XI in Karachi at the weekend.

"To ensure best security protocols for the international teams, the board unanimously approved the purchase of bulletproof buses to enable the PCB to achieve higher security measures for the visiting teams," a PCB release said.

The board was also updated on the construction of a stadium in Islamabad, which would also have accommodation facilities for the teams in order to provide them better security.

"This stadium, when complete, with a capacity of 50,000, will be the biggest cricket stadium in Pakistan. For this purpose the PCB has already taken over a piece of land measuring 35 acres (14 hectares) in Islamabad," the release said.

The board is hoping the new ground and hotel complex will be ready for use next year.

Dawnnews

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
when if terrorists play smart and use mine this time, what will happen to players then?

sob

Mod
Country flag
This itself is an admission that visiting Pakistan is fraught with danger.

p2prada

The terrorists have RPGs.

What's a bullet proof bus gonna do?

The Lankan team was attacked with a RPG.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
If this will not frighten the potential visitors, it will not help them relax either. I mean in feeling safer.

pmaitra

The terrorists are always one step ahead of the security forces. While Pakistan tries to hustle the visiting cricketers into their bullet proof buses, I'm sure some Mujahid-o-Talibs will try to sneak out a nuke or two, from some repository.

If they succeed - voila!

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
You know it don't you? The same country that is the life support system for Pakistan right now... China.
a country that takes 4 billions of Aid a year.in the name of feeding poors though spend it on mars mission(UK media) and manufacturing stealth frigates(again UK media)

if you would had been even from sri lanka than that comment might have suite you bt certainly your from a country named india that takes AID in the name of poverty..

atleast we take military and over 1 lack troops are deployed in Waziristan and that 1.3billions USD wont last even 1 months because there monthly expenditures are 90billions PKR per month(roughly 950millions USD)

sob

Mod
Country flag
Darling, the only reason these countries, the IMF and the World Bank, fall over themselves to give aid to India is that they get a good return. They do not have to rewrite loans, forgo interest when India is the client state.

Plus they know that the aid money is not going to be responsible for the death of their soldiers or their civilians.

Got it or do I hav to be more blunt.

Country flag
a country that takes 4 billions of Aid a year.in the name of feeding poors though spend it on mars mission(UK media) and manufacturing stealth frigates(again UK media)
)/QUOTE]

I think you need to check the numbers aid to India from UK last year was 280 million pounds.
China also was a big aid recipient.

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
)/QUOTE]

I think you need to check the numbers aid to India from UK last year was 280 million pounds.
i am talking about the whole AID.

india get aid from many countries including japan

and in 2009-10 they got 3.9billions USD

in 2011 alone india got roughly 3 billions

source is world bank

Blackwater

)/QUOTE]

you are asking Buffalo to read:taunt::taunt::taunt:

Sunder singh

who is financing the buses..
may be chinese disposable one timr use and throw busses even if paki player play cricket with bullet proof jackets in stadium then also it will not shown on ripley's believe it or not because its normal for pakistan everyone know it hey please send some bullet proof busses for chinese working their

mikhail

Country flag
You know it don't you? The same country that is the life support system for Pakistan right now... China.
i don't think the chinis would provide the pakis with any free goodies judging by their characteristics!they would take something in return definitely!:laugh:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles