Pakistan to buy 4 ADA class Corvettes and T-129 Attack Helicopters

for truth

Country flag
I still don't understand why people are even discussing this "news"?

I mean, this is from an Azerbaijani source...what is the reliability of it to begin with?

1. Isn't the Turkish ship more expensive than Chinese? any ship Turkey can make, the Chinese can make much better and much quicker at a cheaper price. I remember reading a article about an incident when Pakistan had shown interest in buying some sort of military jeeps from Turkey; the price quoted by turkey was very high, and when Pakistanis found that buying these jeeps directly from OEM was much cheaper option than buying from turkey, they wen't ahead and bought them directly from the OEM-which I believe was in England.

2. Isn't inducting a wide variety of attack helicopter platforms a logistics nightmare and eventually drive up the maintenance budget?

3. How reliable is the Turkish supply chain of spare parts? China has a much better supply chain of spares thus ensuring higher operational availability of Chinese built products.

4. As for construction of ships in Pakistan, wasn't there a news recently stating that the option of building of naval ships in Pakistan turning out to be a much costlier affair than building of same ships in china, and as a reason, the decision to build ships in Pakistan was cancelled altogether to save costs.

Ultimately, it will be 'economics' that will be the deciding factor of any decision (unless of-course the decision makers are corrupt and are given kickbacks to swing the deal to other party); and from the very outset, the Turkish products are expensive compared to Chinese.

Zarvan

No nothing I state is ever on assumption!
1) The Rolling Airframe Missile is an american product.
2) HISAR is still in development for the land wheeled & tracked launcher versions, as of today there is no naval version.
3) yes you have another options called the MI-35 & the Z-10. By all means go for them. They'll never get off the ground.
HISAR A has entered production and HISAR O will enter production soon. As for MI-35 that is for special forces. We are talking with Russia to increase the order of MI-35. I think as the start we may go for 16. But for dedicated attack helicopter we are evaluating three those are Z-10 and T-129 and Mi-28. And it's highly possible we may opt for two of these.

Zarvan

I still don't understand why people are even discussing this "news"?

I mean, this is from an Azerbaijani source...what is the reliability of it to begin with?

1. Isn't the Turkish ship more expensive than Chinese? any ship Turkey can make, the Chinese can make much better and much quicker at a cheaper price. I remember reading a article about an incident when Pakistan had shown interest in buying some sort of military jeeps from Turkey; the price quoted by turkey was very high, and when Pakistanis found that buying these jeeps directly from OEM was much cheaper option than buying from turkey, they wen't ahead and bought them directly from the OEM-which I believe was in England.

2. Isn't inducting a wide variety of attack helicopter platforms a logistics nightmare and eventually drive up the maintenance budget?

3. How reliable is the Turkish supply chain of spare parts? China has a much better supply chain of spares thus ensuring higher operational availability of Chinese built products.

4. As for construction of ships in Pakistan, wasn't there a news recently stating that the option of building of naval ships in Pakistan turning out to be a much costlier affair than building of same ships in china, and as a reason, the decision to build ships in Pakistan was cancelled altogether to save costs.

Ultimately, it will be 'economics' that will be the deciding factor of any decision (unless of-course the decision makers are corrupt and are given kickbacks to swing the deal to other party); and from the very outset, the Turkish products are expensive compared to Chinese.
All Turkish media have also reported this as well as Pakistani media

Zarvan

Lol forget about the Ada Class and helicopters... you all bought TOT for Agosta 90B and rights to sell them too, but now even to upgrade them you need Turkey ? Kya hua , Karachi Shipyard walo ko Alzheimer ho gaya ?
Well Turkey is building latest Type 214 we can integrate its parts in Augusta. They will be upgraded inside Pakistan not Turkey

for truth

Country flag
All Turkish media have also reported this as well as Pakistani media
I don't know about the Turkish media, but Pakistan media is well known for its "reliability" in reporting..

remember when some Pakistan wrote in Express tribune that Malaysian ambassador expressing interest in buying of Jf-17, but when Malaysian defense minister was asked whether they are buying jF-17, he replied saying "this is the first time I'm hearing about it"...

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Z-10 is great platform but we are waiting for new engine to enter production that WZ-16
If you are waiting for WZ-16, then you must be certain of its performance. Then why bother with another type in same weight class? Certainly Z-10 will come way cheaper than Agusta Westland product. No?

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I This is Navy's newest corvette INS Kamorta and each costs around 416 million USD. Considering ADA class is an import it should cost somewhere around if not more. So the obvious question is where is the money. I mean 2 billion USD for a nation of total defence budget of around 9 billion it seems bit out streached even if they are planning to buy one ship every three years.

May be our pakistani members can explain by breaking down its budget into specific spending per year.

Blackwater

I was expecting a butthurt Indian like you to be the first one to react on this post :rofl:

iam not Indian, iam your brother khalistani

aab to pata do paise ktho ane ha

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Blackwater

HISAR A has entered production and HISAR O will enter production soon. As for MI-35 that is for special forces. We are talking with Russia to increase the order of MI-35. I think as the start we may go for 16. But for dedicated attack helicopter we are evaluating three those are Z-10 and T-129 and Mi-28. And it's highly possible we may opt for two of these.
salaam ha tere confidence pe,

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

porky_kicker

Country flag
@Zarvan
saw your post in baki forum where u shared your orgasmic experience u had from posting this thread here on this forum with your atumic brothers in baki forum
need i saw it was a classic hilarious post :pound::pound::pound:
thanks for the entertainment :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

coming to topic

regarding the ADA class corvettes which u termed as corvettes with the firepower of a frigate
let raise some valid questions
1.it is armed with harpoon missiles from US
2.it is armed with rim-162 ESSM / rim-116 Rolling Airframe Missile from US
3.it is armed with mark 32 torpedos from US
4.radar suite from thales ie smart-s mk2 from france
5.surface ship torpedo defence from britain

now give the recent bonhomie relation of US with your nation how much is it feasible for turkey to supply these US armaments fitted to the ada corvettes for pakistan.

harpoon it is in service in pakistan and might be doable but still new supplies will be very difficult or it will come with the added option of more drone strikes on non-sovereign pakistan.:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

rim-162 ESSM / rim-116 Rolling Airframe Missile system is never happening because US wont supply these new systems.
dream as much as want , US even refused to supply stone-age OHP frigates except for one inspite of pakistan begging for more.

France and British systems have 50/50 chances, but given Indian clout these systems might not even see the day in paki ada class corvettes. (u saw what India did with the F16s ):india:

now best case scenario is that these ada class corvettes will be fitted with Chinese craps :bounce:
or in worse case scenario these ada class corvettes will be hotch potch of analogues which will make the paki ADA corvettes a futuristic armed sloop:):):):pound::pound::pound:

but
lets wait and see and plz don't get an orgasm over this post also or you might faint out for good. :pound::pound::pound:

by the way
1.have the SU-35 landed in pakiland or is it still being trialed and negotiated in baki forum?
2.also has the paki-israeli strategic relationship progressed beyond baki forum?

waiting for your reply :):):)

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
@Zarvan

!!how china and turkey is fooling pakiland in the name of investments!!

kind of off topic but still related since turkey is being discussed WRT pakiland
this talk show raises many valid questions
do u have any answers?
pakistan ko to uloo bana nehi raha hai ergoden ?:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
plz take care :):):)

Zarvan

I don't know about the Turkish media, but Pakistan media is well known for its "reliability" in reporting..

remember when some Pakistan wrote in Express tribune that Malaysian ambassador expressing interest in buying of Jf-17, but when Malaysian defense minister was asked whether they are buying jF-17, he replied saying "this is the first time I'm hearing about it"...
This was not reporting some blind source this is joint statement released by Pakistani and Turkish Minister of defence. But I can understand why your butt is on fire

Zarvan

@Zarvan

!!how china and turkey is fooling pakiland in the name of investments!!

kind of off topic but still related since turkey is being discussed WRT pakiland
this talk show raises many valid questions
do u have any answers?
pakistan ko to uloo bana nehi raha hai ergoden ?:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
plz take care :):):)
This journalist is known to be a idiot. What ever China and Turkey and KSA promised they always did it.

Zarvan

-Submarine command control system and consols.
-Aselsan QWIP based Periscope technology
-Torpedo counter Measure system and computers called Hizir
-Active Torpedo defense Torpido integration called TORK
-ARES-2NS submarine electronic support-attack system
-Milsoft Link systems
-Underwater telephone
-Communication systems

Turkey's participation (around %81) to U-214TN project

These things can be integrated in Augusta

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
-Submarine command control system and consols.
-Aselsan QWIP based Periscope technology
-Torpedo counter Measure system and computers called Hizir
-Active Torpedo defense Torpido integration called TORK
-ARES-2NS submarine electronic support-attack system
-Milsoft Link systems
-Underwater telephone
-Communication systems

Turkey's participation (around %81) to U-214TN project

These things can be integrated in Augusta
Can be is a non-determinant and again you are saying these things. Source please.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

sorcerer

Country flag
:D

Okay...So seems like this is an OLD OLD news repackaged and SOLD TO Butt Hurt pakis on F-16s

October 15, 2013
Turkey angers US by offering helicopters to Pakistan

A US industry source in Ankara said a US export licence for the T-129’s engine would be critical. “This may require complex deliberations in Washington, involving many industrial and political parameters,” he said. Nevertheless, Turkey hopes the T-129 will be an export success.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...ngers-us-by-offering-helicopters-to-pakistan/

-----
This deal will end up in another military wetdreams of pakistan thread!

for truth

Country flag
This was not reporting some blind source this is joint statement released by Pakistani and Turkish Minister of defence. But I can understand why your butt is on fire

Hahahaha...... the small dot you see in the distant space...yes, that small dot in the distant space, that's almost about the fuck I give to your words or of Pakistanis.....

I have been watching the shit head behaviors of Pakistanis for years......nothing that you say or what your country does matters to me. Keep flying the shit the around, as many Pakistanis do with their fantasies on Su-35 and all...

Bugger off....

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Zarvan This word buy is too much for your country.
Anyway, for Indian Butthurt, we already make corvettes with power for frigate. How about buying from India instead of Turkey? :party:

X-form hull to deflect RADAR

Revathi 3D Car

TMX EO Mk2

As an unofficial and self proclaimed salesman of Indian Navy, I will offer you guys this new stealthy boat. :biggrin2:

@Zulfiqar Khan @Neo @Dazzler @DEJAVU

Zarvan

:D

Okay...So seems like this is an OLD OLD news repackaged and SOLD TO Butt Hurt pakis on F-16s

October 15, 2013
Turkey angers US by offering helicopters to Pakistan

A US industry source in Ankara said a US export licence for the T-129’s engine would be critical. “This may require complex deliberations in Washington, involving many industrial and political parameters,” he said. Nevertheless, Turkey hopes the T-129 will be an export success.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...ngers-us-by-offering-helicopters-to-pakistan/

-----
This deal will end up in another military wetdreams of pakistan thread!
Engine may come from Italy. Engine is not a issue that is only reason talks took place.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles