Pakistan to buy 4 ADA class Corvettes and T-129 Attack Helicopters

Zarvan

Turkish defense minister meets Pakistani ccounterpart

Newly-appointed Turkish Defense Minister Fikri Isik and Pakistani counterpart Khawaja Muhammad Asif met Friday in Islamabad to discuss bilateral defense cooperation Anadolu Agency reported

"One of the most important issues between [the two countries] is a deal for T129 attack helicopters," Isik said at a joint press conference held after the meeting.

The deal for the sale of the T129s -- a multi-role attack helicopter co-developed by Turkish Aerospace Industries -- will "further enhance our bilateral cooperation in the defense industry," Isik asserted.

The Turkish defense minister added that plans to purchase Pakistani-made Super Mushshak basic trainer aircraft were still in the pipeline.

He went on to note that the Pakistani authorities, for their part, had requested the purchase of four Turkish Ada-class corvettes (which would be built in Pakistan).

Isik also said that Turkey and Pakistan had begun discussing details of a cooperation deal by which Turkey would help modernize the Pakistani navy's fleet of three Agosta-class submarines.

Isik also met with Pakistani army chief General Raheel Sharif on Friday at Pakistani army headquarters in the garrison city of Rawalpindi.

At the meeting, the two men discussed regional security and defense collaboration, according to an army statement issued after the meeting.

Isik, for his part, voiced his appreciation for the Pakistani armed forces' contributions to the fight against terrorism and promotion of regional peace and security.

http://en.trend.az/world/turkey/2541889.html

Zarvan

what will be the balance of payment???

will that be Islamic brotherhood credit line as usual???
I was expecting a butthurt Indian like you to be the first one to react on this post :rofl:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
The RAM units on the corvette will need American clearance for transfer, roughly equivalent to the Kamorta class.
The Mangustas are good choppers but with Augusta Westland only having delivered 9 out of the total 60+ on order for the Turkish military the Pakistani units won't arrive soon.

Flame Thrower

@Zarvan

On a serious note, I have few questions
  • Pakistan bought WZ - 10(3 heli's - if I remember it correctly) Chinese Heli for operational evalualtion right??? are they not doing the job for you???
    • If they are not, how Pak army is planning to provide cover to their troops, T - 129 or any heli in Pak defence forces is not capable to fly in the heights of Himalays?
    • If they do, why Paki army is going for multiple Heli's won't it be a nghtmare to operate?? Difference in ammo, training & spares!!??
  • Any idea on how many T-129's are being bought?? and when Pak army starts receiving these heli!!??
  • Already your forces have Cobras & Fennecs, what are the advantages of T-129 over these choppers??
  • PNS Zulfiqur class is a joke compared to Indian Destroyers, does these new Coverttes add edge to Pak navy over Indian Destroyers??
  • Any timeline for constructing these Coverttes!!??
  • Most of all, they will be constructed in Karachi, please name a shipyard capable of doing so!!??
  • Any sanction prone tech on these covertte, like RAM, 3-D radar and missiles!!??
  • please shed some light on the modernize of Agosta class Subs
  • And last but not least, will this deal materialize by end of 2017 as 8 f-16s deal is still pending and if I am not wrong you're looking for 10 more.
Hope you answer these questions!!??

Last edited:

tejas warrior

Country flag
@Zarvan

• Pakistan bought WZ - 10(3 heli's - if I remember it correctly) Chinese Heli for operational evalualtion right??? are they not doing the job for you???
    • If they are not, how Pak army is planning to provide cover to their troops, T - 129 or any heli in Pak defence forces is not capable to fly in the heights of Himalays?
    • If they do, why Paki army is going for multiple Heli's won't it be a nghtmare to operate?? Difference in ammo, training & spares!!??
  • Any idea on how many T-129's are being bought?? and when Pak army starts receiving these heli!!??
  • Already your forces have Cobras & Fennecs, what are the advantages of T-129 over these choppers??
  • PNS Zulfiqur class is a joke compared to Indian Destroyers, does these new Coverttes add edge to Pak navy over Indian Destroyers??
  • Most of all, they will be constructed in Karachi, please name a shipyard capable of doing so!!??
  • Any sanction prone tech on these covertte, like RAM, 3-D radar and missiles!!??
  • And last but not least, will this deal materialize by end of 2017 as 8 f-16s deal is still pending and if I am not wrong you're looking for 10 more.
For most of your questions, my answer is:

Beggars can't be choosers.. Jo bhi mil jaye free mai wahi sahi.

for truth

Country flag
About the source...

"Founded in 1995 as a private media outlet in Azerbaijan, Trend News Agency is a leading news provider in the Caucasus, Caspian and Central Asian region. Trend has established the Trend Expert Council, bringing together about 40 well-known independent experts from the region and the West."

Any pakistani source or we have take the word of this Azerbaijani source?

But then again, when were the pakistani sources reliable to begin with?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The RAM units on the corvette will need American clearance for transfer, roughly equivalent to the Kamorta class.
The Mangustas are good choppers but with Augusta Westland only having delivered 9 out of the total 60+ on order for the Turkish military the Pakistani units won't arrive soon.
Ok but that will give some purpose to the many people like @Zarvan for some time untill they come to know that they are not going to come. There are lots of talks in Pakistan regarding new weapons like submarines, ships and planes. However nothing except JF 17 has came in.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
No matter what PN orders it will never concern us.

However deal for T-129 is interesting. Why are they ordering another attack helicopter with different origin but in same class with Chinese Z-10 that they are already operating or testing?

Is Z-10 this inferior that it is not considered in numbers even when it will come almost free of cost? Or T-129 is also coming free? Certainly money is something Pakistan doesn't have much. May be Erdoğan Turkey is now this fundamentalist that they are beginning to play Islamic card?

Flame Thrower

For most of your questions, my answer is:

Beggars can't be choosers.. Jo bhi mil jaye free mai wahi sahi.
Bhai, let big Zaravan answer these....

@Zaravan will answer my questions, not uuu or anyone :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

c'mon Zaravan answer:shoot::shoot: :shoot:

Zarvan

All your thoughts are based on assumptions. Surface to Air Missile HISAR could be placed on this Ship as for Helicopters we have other options as well

Zarvan

No matter what PN orders it will never concern us.

However deal for T-129 is interesting. Why are they ordering another attack helicopter with different origin but in same class with Chinese Z-10 that they are already operating or testing?

Is Z-10 this inferior that it is not considered in numbers even when it will come almost free of cost? Or T-129 is also coming free? Certainly money is something Pakistan doesn't have much. May be Erdoğan Turkey is now this fundamentalist that they are beginning to play Islamic card?
Z-10 is great platform but we are waiting for new engine to enter production that WZ-16

Zarvan

@Zarvan

We have habit of using more than one platform. Z-10 is great but would be greater with new WZ-16 engine. As for T-129 it's great platform with western tech and can be used in Himalayas. Well we may by 36 T-129. As for shipyard we have in Karachi also building in Gawader and other places and we may also become partners in Istanbul Class Frigate and TF-2000 Frigate project

Istanbul Class

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
All your thoughts are based on assumptions. Surface to Air Missile HISAR could be placed on this Ship as for Helicopters we have other options as well
No nothing I state is ever on assumption!
1) The Rolling Airframe Missile is an american product.
2) HISAR is still in development for the land wheeled & tracked launcher versions, as of today there is no naval version.
3) yes you have another options called the MI-35 & the Z-10. By all means go for them. They'll never get off the ground.

Flame Thrower

@Zarvan

Few qns remained un answered, like the timeline for inducting T-129, if you' re about to get Z-10 with Ws-16 engine why go for T-129!!??

and forget using T-129 in himalayas, currently only lch and Z-10 are helis to fly over Himalayas and provide cover to ground troops.

Please name the ship yard which has the capability these coverttes for your navy!!??

I really don't wanna troll you, but where is money for all these purchases!!??
no money for 8 f-16's but u'll buy 36 T-129s and 4 stealth Coverttes and modernize Agosta subs ask for links if you need!!??

and most of all TIMELINE kya hai mere bade bhai....!!??

AND TAKING CARE OF PAK FORCES....

we have P-8I' s to deal with any sub threat from China or Pak.

Remember Styx missile!!??In future conflicts, news papers will replace Styx missile with Brahmos. When you arm your navy with Cx-1 then come and ask us plan stratagies on taking Pak navy, not to mention we have Barak-8 which is kinda capable in taking down missiles with Brahmos with higher pk. than rest of SAMs.

T-129's save them for our cold start doctrine....

Ankit Kumar

Lol forget about the Ada Class and helicopters... you all bought TOT for Agosta 90B and rights to sell them too, but now even to upgrade them you need Turkey ? Kya hua , Karachi Shipyard walo ko Alzheimer ho gaya ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles