Pakistan takes control of Shamsi airbase as US forces leave

Galaxy

Country flag
Hope soon BLA takes control the airbase from PAF. :pound:

On Topic, I think, U.S. has already finalised alternative route (CAR) that's why they didn't tried enough to retain Shamsi Airbase.

Param

Hope soon BLA takes control the airbase from PAF. :pound:

On Topic, I think, U.S. has already finalised alternative route (CAR) that's why they didn't tried enough to retain Shamsi Airbase.
Hope its not PLA.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
i do not like this..

USA's presence kept these junglies hiding underground. now they will stick their head out.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
You have a friend you invited in as a guest in one of your bedrooms when things were good. But the friendship has soured and you want the guest to leave. No way, says the friend, refusing to vacate. You can't call the cops because the friend is himself a supercop. To make matters worse, someone in your house has sublet that guest room to another party who backs your guest. Your house if full of interlopers you thought were your friends.

Welcome to the bizarre houseguest drama involving Pakistan, United States, the "forcible occupation" of the Shamsi air base, and some bit players such as the UAE. Located in remote Balochistan, Shamsi is from where the US is said to be launching some of its drone attacks aimed at Pakistani terrorists.

Country flag
India can use this opportunity to mediate between Iran and USA for possibly giving US access to Chabbar port. Seems like a long shot but thing always change.

Galaxy

Country flag
US-Pakistan relations deteriorate

As the US vacates the Shamsi air base in Pakistan's Balochistan province, a senior Pakistani military official has told a US television network that his country "will shoot down any US drone that enters its territory".

Last edited by a moderator:

Galaxy

Country flag

These are U.S. airbases. They don't need Samsi Airbase to launch Drone attack. Same goal can be achieved from Kandhar, FOB salerne, Camp Joyce and Camp leatherneck.

Galaxy

Country flag
There has been many reports that U.S. might leave A'than after 2014.

IMO, They will never leave A'than for 3 primary reasons.

1> A'than is gateway to CAR. Also it stops Russia to enter A'than, Iran. If tomorrow Balochistan will be separated then it would be difficult for China to reach Iran via Pakistan and even Middle-East as U.S. will be there like we are standing at Malacca strait. (recently US ambassador in Pak said "Balochistan is very important to us" ;))

2> A'than has huge virgin natural resources.

3> They need a country in CAR to check Iran, Pakistan, CAR (Pro-Russia) and even to support to Iraq. A'than is best suited for all these role.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
India's role in A'than is inversely proportional to U.S-Pak relation.

I always felt U.S. took Pak side due to CAR nations and Iran and not due to India. [U.S. needed Pakistan + A'than] to check Iran, Iraq, CAR nations and even China (A'than and China are connected with border). U.S. will continue to remain in A'than in order to maintain stability there and also due to strategic location. Pak-U.S. relation is already in bad phase and going forwards chance of improvement is highly unlikely due to Public anger there. Such things will give India better access to A'than. (we have to work with Iran)......and if U.S. attacks Iran (Then it will be very easy too).

80%-85% Pakistan military bases are on her east side except few in Multan, Quetta on west side. It would be nightmare for Pakistan to have enemies on 2 sides and not to forget INS Vikramaditya sailing in Arabian sea with 3 big warships and Submarine & P8i. 8)

Last edited:

IBSA

Country flag
For the US, loses the Shamsi airbase is quite indifferent, but for the Balochs the American withdrawl is a bad thing, as the Shamsi base can be utilized now by Paks to attack the Baloch forces.

Galaxy

Country flag
For the US, loses the Shamsi airbase is quite indifferent, but for the Balochs the American withdrawl is a bad thing, as the Shamsi base can be utilized now by Paks to attack the Baloch forces.
U.S. has 5 airbase within 100-200 Km from balochistan.

I don't think U.S. is concentrating on Balochistan as of now. May be after few years once A'than would be stable. Today, Balochistan is not priority for them. A'than and Iran are much more important and A'than fulfils their need.

For Supply line, they are already working on CAR route.

IBSA

Country flag
U.S. has 5 airbase within 100-200 Km from balochistan.

I don't think U.S. is concentrating on Balochistan as of now. May be after few years once A'than would be stable. Today, Balochistan is not priority for them. A'than and Iran are much more important and A'than fulfils their need.

For Supply line, they are already working on CAR route.
But I don't say the American are concerning in Balochs. Balochistan today is a problem mainly Pakistani. I want say for the Baloch liberation movement is not so a good thing to see the paks turns occupy a base in Baloch territory.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
US will have no alternative but to leave Afghanistan. Why? Because Afghanistan is an indefensible place. (If US somehow secures Iran, its another story.) Due to geographical approximity US will always have to play second fiddle to Russia in the central asia region. To the south you have a huge islamic country that is increasing turning radical and in the process becoming hostile to the western world , but unlike stats in the middle east Pakistan does not have a dictator on the top, she instead has somesort a lame-duck democracy not unlike the one India has for herself. Islam fundamentalism + democracy is a toxic mix that US has not yet found an answer for. Thus as far landlocked Afganistan is concerned, both the northern supply route and the southern supply route will be troublesome sooner or later, then to the east you have China to the west you have Iran, basically no-go places.

Thta's why US will have no choice but to leave. Natural resources besides oil are hardly a factor (and frankly Afghanistan does not have whole lot) when US formulates her foreign policy. Now if you add the financial sink hole left by the decade long war-on-terror, it is quite obvious that staying in Afganistan beyond Obama's second term is virtually impossible.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
But I don't say the American are concerning in Balochs. Balochistan today is a problem mainly Pakistani. I want say for the Baloch liberation movement is not so a good thing to see the paks turns occupy a base in Baloch territory.
Balochistan is a very complicated topic. It's not that easy what people assume.

= Iran will never be in favour of Balochistan [ Because some part of so called Balochistan and Baloch people is in Iran]
= A'than will also not favour Balochistan [ Because Pashtuns claim Balochistan as part of A'than due to 100 year leased of Durand expired few years back. Also, A'than-border with Balochistan has big number of Shia's hazare which might want to go with Balochistan as Baloch are considered as Secular vis-a-vis Talibani]
= India can and will play it's role. It will be Important for us.
= U.S. is interested but not now due to other priorities, After few years or decade i suppose. An american ambassador to pakistan can't say "balochistan is very important to us"

But I suppose Enemy of Enemy is considered as Friend. So, A'than might support Balochistan once few internal problems are solved but Iran won't support.
Recently, Brahamdagh bugti said "It's to better to remain slave of U.S. rather than Slaves Slave (Pak) :pound:

If U.S. remains in A'than for next 10 years at least, ANA improves it's capability, A'than nationalism rises by sorting out some difference between ethnical and sectarian issues. Then by next decade, Balochistan will be next battle ground. Pakistan will continue to HOLD the ground until things will become impossible. As of now, BLA, BLM are consolidating themselves silently so that the movement will continue till they reach their destiny.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
US will have no alternative but to leave Afghanistan. Why? Because Afghanistan is an indefensible place. (If US somehow secures Iran, its another story.) Due to geographical approximity US will always have to play second fiddle to Russia in the central asia region. To the south you have a huge islamic country that is increasing turning radical and in the process becoming hostile to the western world , but unlike stats in the middle east Pakistan does not have a dictator on the top, she instead has somesort a lame-duck democracy not unlike the one India has for herself. Islam fundamentalism + democracy is a toxic mix that US has not yet found an answer for. Thus as far landlocked Afganistan is concerned, both the northern supply route and the southern supply route will be troublesome sooner or later, then to the east you have China to the west you have Iran, basically no-go places.

Thta's why US will have no choice but to leave. Natural resources besides oil are hardly a factor (and frankly Afghanistan does not have whole lot) when US formulates her foreign policy. Now if you add the financial sink hole left by the decade long war-on-terror, it is quite obvious that staying in Afganistan beyond Obama's second term is virtually impossible.

What a crap logic/reason.

U.S. has already finalised on alternative route. (Via Central Asia). Even Russia don't have any problem with that. Yesterday I posted that news in which Russian official said they are okay with that route. Check it.

Today, in Press U.S. Secretary George Little said closure of the Pakistan supply routes had not led to a significant impact in the US' ability to "provide for the war effort."
Since you raised so called Muslim brotherhood, Let me give you few examples.

K.S.A., U.A.E., Turkey, Kuwait, Bahrain are U.S. allies or better i say PUPPET.

As for CAR nations, All CAR Islamic nations have good relation with India, Russia and to certain extent U.S. too. There is no such issue i ever heard.

Iran - Remember Iraq ?? Saddam hussain said "Allah will help us and we will defeat U.S." All Islamic world went silent the day 1st Missile hit Iraq. Not to forget, 2 Islamic countries Kuwait and KSA gave airbase for such attack. (Where was Muslim brotherhood when Saddam killed 1,00,000 Kurd Muslims by using Chemical weapons ?? ) Why Allah would have helped Saddam who killed more Muslims intentionally than U.S. ever killed unintentionally ??

I don't want to divert the topic between Islam Vs U.S. / Non-Muslims. Why you bringing Islam all the time ?? May be because you are Paki as I already said 2 times earlier. It's DNA problem. :rofl:

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles