Pakistan seeks seat on UN Security Council

chex3009

Country flag
Pakistanis are well-known to make joke of themselves at the global stage, this is just one of them. When India is seeking a seat at UNSC, how can we think that our neighbours will sit quietly???

Oracle

Give away Kashmir and let us have Hinaji.

*love*

agentperry

hina rabbani toh sachi main lady gaga hai... kuch soch toh leti.. pakistan is slowly becoming a liability on world

debasree

Country flag

baechari ka koyi kasoor nahi ha..:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
we can give her part in bollywood movies as vamp ,it will be better job opportunaty for her ,or a better chance to leave the hell in the world ,which is named p******n

lambu

how could they ever think of it ? They can't rule their country and protect their own people from terrorism .

lambu

how could they ever think of it ? They can't rule their country and protect their own people from terrorism .

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I'd still do her.
As long as she keeps her mouth shut.
pakistan is a shameless failed state that never shys away from making a dumbass out of itself on every international forum. failed state pakistan and peace are antonyms!!

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Hey guys - I for one do not like the innunedos and sex jokes being played about Rabbani - she maybe a Pakistani and their Foreign Minister, but she is also a woman in an Islamic country, who has to overcome the uber-male machoism and fundamentalist women-phobia.
Please refrain from personal attacks and keep some respect for women in high positions in an Islamic country.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
who has to overcome the uber-male machoism and fundamentalist women-phobia.
Please refrain from personal attacks and keep some respect for women in high positions in an Islamic country.
Well, she's in a position of power by virtue of being a daughter to a rich and influential feudal. All she has in terms of educational qualification is a degree in hotel management

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Hey guys - I for one do not like the innunedos and sex jokes being played about Rabbani - she maybe a Pakistani and their Foreign Minister, but she is also a woman in an Islamic country, who has to overcome the uber-male machoism and fundamentalist women-phobia.
I agree with lurkerbaba. She has not gained her stature on the basis of competency or effort. It is the result of being born into the right family, with the right feudal setup prevalent in Pakistan.

And I need to paste that video here, of this lady acting bitchy and creating a scene in Karachi airport. Let me find that one...

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I agree with lurkerbaba. She has not gained her stature on the basis of competency or effort. It is the result of being born into the right family, with the right feudal setup prevalent in Pakistan.

And I need to paste that video here, of this lady acting bitchy and creating a scene in Karachi airport. Let me find that one...
Keeping jokes apart, it still does not warrant that she is a dumb bi*** and is there only because she can please the eyes tucked on those loose libidos.
One cannot rule out that it may be a reason Pak rulers fielded her at this hour, but not to be concluded until she's proof-read as a foreign minister.
Till then lets keep our tongues clean.

Regards,
Virendra

OsloInd

pakistan should first convince the world that it does not harbour terrorists. only then should it be allowed to join unsc non -permanently.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
While they're struggling with an ailing economy, communal unrest at prime city, human rights violation at far flung regions and terrorist attacks almost everywhere everyday; how can Pakistan aspire for UNSC seat with such a record and acute national crisis? I just don't understand the priorities.
Probably Pakistan wants to represent terrorists in UNSC. There's no other convincing reason to digest it.

Regards,
Virendra

Miriachi

China backs Pak for non-permanent UNSC seat

BEIJING: India's hopes of obtaining Chinese backing for a seat in the United Nations Security Council came up against a rock with the Chinese foreign ministry saying on Wednesday that it was seriously considering Pakistan's case for the coveted place.

China attaches great importance to Pakistan's request for a seat on the UN Security Council, Chinese foreign ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said. She said Beijing is in favour of Pakistan playing a bigger role in maintaining international peace and security. China and Pakistan are all-weather strategic partners, Jiang noted at a news briefing.

Beijing welcomed India's election as a non-permanent member of UNSC last year but it has not revealed its mind about supporting New Delhi's case for a permanent member. China is the only one of the five permanent members of UNSC that has not announced its decision to support India.

New Delhi has been hoping to bring it around but the latest statement giving credence to Pakistan's case may prove to be a serious hurdle.

The statement comes in the midst of rising differences between the United States and Pakistan, which rose after top US military leaders said Islamabad cannot be relied upon as a partner in the fight against terrorism. Beijing is trying to assure Pakistan of its continued support at a time when western nations are losing faith in it.

Pakistan became the latest country to announce its aspirations for the UNSC seat when it raised the demand during the 66th UN General Assembly session in September. At that time, many observers suspected Beijing may have encouraged Pakistan to make the claim. The latest statement seems to support this view.

The official news agency, Xinhua, noted that Pakistan's foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar recently said that UN Security Council reforms "must be worked in a manner that will reinforce the confidence of the peoples of the world in this body and enhance its credibility and effectiveness."

China backs Pak bid for non-permanent UNSC seat, India upset - The Times of India

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Screw em... we are never going to get Chinese support for UNSC seat.

We need to think of an altogether new plan. :hmm:

Actually, this entire UN is becoming a thoroughly useless organization day by day. We need a new organization to reflect realities of today.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles