Pakistan seeks seat on UN Security Council

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 27 (Xinhua) -- Pakistan on Tuesday voiced its desire to have a seat on the UN Security Council.

The statement came as Hina Rabbani Khar, the foreign minister of Pakistan, addressed the general debate of the 66th General Assembly session.

"At this session of the General Assembly, Pakistan is seeking election to a seat on the Security Council," Khar said. "Pakistan attaches the highest importance to promoting the goals of peace, security and stability in the world." :pound:

The foreign minister said the process of Security Council reforms "must be worked in a manner that will reinforce the confidence of the peoples of the world in this body and enhance its credibility and effectiveness."

The Security Council consists of five permanent members -- China, France, Russia, the United States and Britain -- and 10 other non-permanent members that are elected for two-year terms.
Higher than ocean deeper than mountain link :Pakistan seeks seat on UN Security Council

:laugh: :laugh:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Pakistan can be the permeant member of the "terror council" United Terror Organization. With veto to reject any small terror attack and terror attack on China. In the council will be North Korea, Syria.

Param

IS THIS REAL???

No wonder the reporting agency is Chinese.

Blackwater

If na-pakistan got UNSC permanent seat. There will be embassy of Taliban in every country..

These napaki can't handle dengue fever, chale ha duniya ki thakedari karne...:shocked::shocked::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Damn why does women who are beautiful always act and sound foolish :confused: but the only politician i like in Pakistan is Rabbani :pound:what ever she says

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
:facepalm:

Was this announcement drafted to inject some humor in heightened serious times?

----

Apart from humor, lets look beyond it. This comes in exact time when India is trying to restore UN's importance back to its fundamentals for which it was established. MMS's address to UNGA strongly reflects the same.

Pakistan is wanking itself to nullify UNSC's importance in global affairs. These baseless noise are attempting to divert focus from UNSC's reforms. It might have worked in young days of coffee club. But its highly impossible to gather any momentum in 2011. Maybe China can stimulate it but something tell me that china does not want that.

Nice attempt lady. Maybe next time.

Thank you. Come again (or don't :rolleyes: )

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Damn why does women who are beautiful always act and sound foolish :confused: but the only politician i like in Pakistan is Rabbani :pound:what ever she says
I suggest you open you eyes. She is not beautiful.

I bet she was some jewish blood because of that nose.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ You need to see her without makeup - I saw that picture somewhere, wait let me find it.

SHASH2K2

Frankly speaking when I see picture of Hina Rabbani from closeup I feel like there is pyasi aurat (thirsty woman )staring at me. :)

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This has to be the BIGGEST joke pakistan ever cracked in it pathetic existence! :rotflmao:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles