pankaj nema

Country flag
Indian Railways is asking for " Diplomatic status" for its technicians
who will have to go to Pakistan periodically to do maintenance work so that
Paki police and ISI do not harass them

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Many Indian locomotives can't even roll on many Indian light sections. Same with much of Pakistan.

For a good distance, Pakistan uses tracks that have less weight per foot, and will probably sink if one of our WDG-4 rolls over it. ;)
Could you explain this for the loco ignorant like me

When I was a child I wanted to be an engine driver.

Now I realise how I would not have made it.

Too technical!

pmaitra

Could you explain this for the loco ignorant like me

When I was a child I wanted to be an engine driver.

Now I realise how I would not have made it.

Too technical!
The heavier the locomotives and carriages are intended to be run, the heavier the tracks have to be. Also, a wider bottom, along with more frequent sleepers help.

Two commonly used rail profiles: a heavily worn 50 kg-profile and a new 60 kg-profile.

The one on the left cannot carry as much weight per axle as the one on the right can.

Many railways have light rails, and this is done to keep the railway laying costs low, and one way is to increase the number of axles per carriage. So, if one carriage has 2 bogies, instead of using 2-axle bogies, one might use 3-axle bogies.

3-axle bogie
2-axle bogie

ganesh177

Country flag
They beg for everything from the Americans, now why don't they adopt the begging to this also.
Absolutely.

I would love to see them beg for this.
And then india may just go on with lease in return of MFN, not a bad deal.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Pakis have developed Leap Frog Technologies which made them go directly from 'donkey carts' to making 'missiles' and 'JF-17 Thunders' leaving behind simple& crucial things like Railways. :D
If a railway engine could be used as a weapon against India, they might have try to make one. Made in China painted in Pakistan :troll:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
They require Indian Engines to engine their railway and engine their economy!

Pmaitra,

Thanks for the explanation.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
If a railway engine could be used as a weapon against India, they might have try to make one. Made in China painted in Pakistan :troll:
Oh yea ? You mean to say rail missile launchers for hurling the crap on to India or bloody, ram Attari - Baghaha Gate or Gadra Road station?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Pakis have developed Leap Frog Technologies which made them go directly from 'donkey carts' to making 'missiles' and 'JF-17 Thunders' leaving behind simple& crucial things like Railways. :D
Did not Indians do the same thing?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Man, you are a shrewd thinker.

If I were a RAW official, I'd hire you to work in the interpretation and threat-prediction analysis jobs.

I hope you are correct.
Ha Ha ha ... and make a mess of it ?
Quetta has only a broad gauge (single line) connected to Karachi. Unless he means to say that the engines will run on roads.
What about other frontier areas. Chaman only can not sustain the Amirkhans.

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Did not Indians do the same thing?
Nope. We did it gradually. We made bicycles, bikes, autorikshaws, jeeps, cars, heavy motor vehicles, train locomotives and now making jets. We never skipped anything in the cycle of gradual development unlike Pakis who cannot make even rail locomotives but can develop nukes, missiles and jet fighters (of course all of them are China maal painted green).

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Nope. We did it gradually. We made bicycles, bikes, autorikshaws, jeeps, cars, heavy motor vehicles, train locomotives and now making jets. We never skipped anything in the cycle of gradual development unlike Pakis who cannot make even rail locomotives but can develop nukes, missiles and jet fighters (of course all of them are China maal painted green).
Yes, Indians made missiles but can not make a rifle. PSU import a 6 X 6 truck by importing parts through three countries.

Neil

Country flag
double post....sorry...!!

Last edited:

Neil

Country flag
Yes, Indians made missiles but can not make a rifle. PSU import a 6 X 6 truck by importing parts through three countries.
dude....common...!! India did made INSAS which army still uses...and by account even US is making a rifle with german help...HK416 if i m not mistaken...so US can make space shuttles but not missiles....do u know tratra has sold its tech to US for producing locally produced trucks so US can make a nuke sub but not trucks....yes we are slow but we are advancing gradually

mki

I think we should accept the deal..... but make sure

1. charge them ultra high price and we get payment first........ no credits please.....
2. degrade the quality (only and only for pakistan)... eg. like our normal single loco can pull 15 bogi, make sure that what we supply to pak they need atleast 2 loco to pull same amount of load.
3. more frequent maintenance needed and make as much complicated as possible so paki engg cant handle it and they need constant support from india.....
4. life of the loco should not be more then 5-6 years........

johnnyboy

May be his highness ZH would lease his horse that he has been grooming for ghazwa-e-hind to power Paki trains? :rofl:

Or, how about missiles? they anyways have various ICBM's (Inter City Ballistic Missiles)... that can be used instead of Indian locos. :taunt:

sob

Mod
Country flag
Ha Ha only the Pakistani's can demand alms as if they are doing us a favour by accepting it.

latsar

All this peace talk and trade with pakis makes one nervous .These pakis remind of the frog and scorpion story

The Scorpion and the Frog is a fable about a scorpion asking a frog to carry him across a river. The frog is afraid of being stung during the trip, but the scorpion argues that if it stung the frog, the frog would sink and the scorpion would drown. The frog agrees and begins carrying the scorpion, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When asked why, the scorpion points out that this is its nature. The fable is used to illustrate the position that the behaviour of some creatures is irrepressible, no matter how they are treated and no matter what the consequences

Global Defence

New threads

Articles