Pakistan Seeks New Service Rifle

Zarvan

I found some pictures but I dont know if these are clones or actual AKs to be honest - I read somewhere before that the Pakistan Rangers actively use the AK-101.

First picture could be AK-101 but in other two its modified Type 56

Neil

Country flag
Chinese Gun simply not Good enough as for Turkish Gun it's over engineered but don't know why HK-417 is not in the competition
HK didnt participate or you guys didnt sent RFI to them?

any ways HK are bloody expensive..and almost exclusively used by spec ops.. mostly the makers want to keep it that way to keep the price inflated..

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Dude you never tested SCAR. Still the other Guns you tested I am pretty sure they didn't failed. The entire process was not done properly by your people. You need re evaluate those Guns
SCAR is in active service with SFF,go google it.

Zarvan

That is SSW not regual infantry.Your regular still use G3 and Type 56 for CT ops.
That is not SSW. He is normal infantry just wearing the swetar. Secondly FN SCAR was not among those Guns which you tested to replace INSAS
FB_IMG_1460809702288.jpg

Beloved FN SCAR
FB_IMG_1460809739144.jpg

Berreta ARX-200 is also doing good

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Fundamental query to our neighbours..

More or less pakistan and india share the same climatic conditions, how come a service rifle rejected by Indian army considered for trials by Pakistan?

Case in point Arx ..

Zarvan

Fundamental query to our neighbours..

More or less pakistan and india share the same climatic conditions, how come a service rifle rejected by Indian army considered for trials by Pakistan?

Case in point Arx ..
Well looking at your background of faulty inductions we are not ready to trust your results. We would test the Guns ourselves and see what are real results

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Well looking at your background of faulty inductions we are not ready to trust your results. We would test the Guns ourselves and see what are real results
First sentence was uncalled for..

You could have just answered with second sentence..

This is how tu tu mein mein starts ....

Anyways thanks for the reply...

Zulfiqar Khan

All the guns they are testing failed the competition for Indian Army ,all the guns are very expensive no way can they be mass produced as standard service rifle may be some SF will get them ,nothing else.AK 103 is being considered for IA and thanks to Pak support for Turkey and economy ,Russia will not give AK 103.
Well a smaller military is more flexible when it comes to these issues. Cost won't be a problem at all; we still have around 2-4 Billion dollars to spend this year in defence. It would only cost 50 Million dollars a year for 4-5 years to fully induct it.

Currently FN Scar is winning the trails but Pakistan has very complex trails. Rifles are trailed in every climate, condition and situation. This rifle has to be perfect for PAF and match all of its requirement.

As for AK 103; it was Russia that insisted it should be allowed in the trails. Pakistan army already has AK 103's in active service.

However modified Type-56's have been very effective in the war against terror.

AK-103

Modified Type-56's

Zulfiqar Khan

I won't be surprised- the Pak Army gets what it wants as they control the show. However, this is a 500,000 man army and no other nation has fully replaced their standard issue rifle with something as expensive as the SCAR. It says everything you need to know about Pakistan, it's bascially the continuation of "eat grass".
Not really, FN Scar would cost around 500-800 dollars to make under TOT; it would cost around 30-60 million dollars a year for around 4 years to fully induct it.

Zarvan

FN SCAR in the hands of SSW Special Services Wing of Pakistan Air Force

Reactions: Neo

Immanuel

Country flag
Not really, FN Scar would cost around 500-800 dollars to make under TOT; it would cost around 30-60 million dollars a year for around 4 years to fully induct it.
You're smoking some wild stuff amigo. Having worked in the past with FN, I know for a fact that FN won't sell the SCAR even under licence under TOT for less than $2K. They have never done so, neither will they. Heck even our own 30 year old licence made SLRs costs quite a bit.

Zarvan

You're smoking some wild stuff amigo. Having worked in the past with FN, I know for a fact that FN won't sell the SCAR even under licence under TOT for less than $2K. They have never done so, neither will they. Heck even our own 30 year old licence made SLRs costs quite a bit.
What I know is FN SCAR is leading the trials and SCAR is more than willing to sell us with TOT not only that they are also offering DMR and a smaller version to replace MP5.

Zarvan

May be you are on weed SCAR is not only offering TOT to us but also offering permission to export it to other countries. And latest reports are talks are on for SCAR and SSW has already chosen it SCAR and they would replace there FN2000 with SCAR.

aditya g

Country flag
Sorry but why does PA need to replace G3 to begin with?

May be you are on weed SCAR is not only offering TOT to us but also offering permission to export it to other countries. And latest reports are talks are on for SCAR and SSW has already chosen it SCAR and they would replace there FN2000 with SCAR.

Zarvan

Sorry but why does PA need to replace G3 to begin with?
G3 is 60 year design. We are using G3 since 1965. Every design has its limitations G3 is way to big is size also more heavy can fire relatively less rounds as compared to new Assault Rifles. I mean number of rounds fired per minute. The only thing G3 beats every modern Rifle or most modern rifles is accuracy.

IndianHawk

Country flag
But at what costs. ??
Include some source for your earlier cost prediction.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles