Pakistan Seeks New Service Rifle

Bahamut

AK 103 will be used by SF forces only , the multical rifle tender failed so it is one of the alternative ,there are a lot old AK which haved to be replaced also.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Not AK-103 but Ghatak is already replacing older Romanian and east German AKMs from CAPF ..

AK 103 will be used by SF forces only , the multical rifle tender failed so it is one of the alternative ,there are a lot old AK which haved to be replaced also.

Bahamut

Not AK-103 but Ghatak is already replacing older Romanian and east German AKMs from CAPF ..
Talk are on for local production under the supervision of Kalashnikov ,only SF will get AK 103 with Silencer for covert as they will be difficult to trace back and they will not have stamp marking and serial no .Ghatak can be used for non covert operation.

Zulfiqar Khan

FN-SCAR as a standard issue rifle for a nation that has a defence budget of <$6BN?? Misplaced priorities or what? These won't be coming through any form of aid I assume so how exactly does the PA hope to pay for this? The SCAR is about $2-3000 alone, add a scope and other accessories it is $4-5000.

This is pie in the sky thinking for the PA, they should either build something in house (if the PAF is able to supposedly contirbute to designing the JF-17, the PA can surely make their own assualt rifle) or get something from the Chinese.
Hey, costs arent a problem for us - our budget increased to 9.5 billion due to inflation - so now we are buying alot of goodies. POF and the Army Chief has expressed the most interest in the FN-Scar and it will most likely be inducted. With ToT it will cost 600-1000$ to procure the weapon - that is exactly 3.6 billion dollars in a full-time payment. It will mostly be procured as around 50,000 units per year; so that wont exactly be a problem. 30 million dollars a year is nothing.

India seems to underestimate Pakistan financially but forget that we are very flexible in terms of budget because of our lower manpower. Not to mention there are around 30,000-70,000 people in the Pakistan army who refuse to salaries out of patriotism but are still entitled to benefits such as free cars/motorcycles, homes, education, bills, and discounts and ect... for their families.

Right now modified G3, Ak's and pimped M4a1s dominate our standard rifles.

Sindh Rangers:

Pakistan Army began using MPs as war on terror intensified:

Last edited:

Zulfiqar Khan

UPDATE
---------------

THE POLICE HAS INDUCTED THE SCAR AND M4'S
ARMY IS SOON TO FOLLOW AS WELL

POLICE:

AK-74s WILL STILL BE USED BY THE KPK AND BALOCH POLICE:

Zarvan

UPDATE
---------------

POLICE:

Bro the pictures you posted are of Berreta ARX-160 which is used by Commando unit of Sindh Police. KPK Police and most Army till now is using Type 56 not AK-74. Finally yes most probably FN SCAR will win the competition.

Zulfiqar Khan

My bad, but alot of people are recording that FN-Scar and ect.. are being trickling in.

Neil

Country flag
Mr we didn't invited Chinese or Turkish Company winter trials are already over and desert trials will begin soon
why not? any specific reason?

30characterrule

Bahamut

UPDATE
---------------

POLICE:

Can you tell how SCAR won as in India tender it failed .We are now planning to induct domestic gun along with production of Kalashnikov gun like AK 103 etc to replace our eailer gun along with TAVOR.

Zulfiqar Khan

Can you tell how SCAR won as in India tender it failed .We are now planning to induct domestic gun along with production of Kalashnikov gun like AK 103 etc to replace our eailer gun along with TAVOR.
Please give me sources on how 'Scar' failed in India.

FN-Scar is being used by the US special forces and was the highest rated rifle during the Special Forces trails.

Pakistan paramilitary forces already use AK-103s and AK-110s; the only good rifle in the Indian arsenal is the TAVOR.

Bahamut

Please give me sources on how 'Scar' failed in India.

FN-Scar is being used by the US special forces and was the highest rated rifle during the Special Forces trails.

Pakistan paramilitary forces already use AK-103s and AK-110s; the only good rifle in the Indian arsenal is the TAVOR.
Link:http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/army-tender-cancelled-multi-caliber-assault-rifles/1/448193.html
Can you provide link for AK as Kalashnikov does not provide as source for AK 107 or AK 103.

Zarvan

Dude you never tested SCAR. Still the other Guns you tested I am pretty sure they didn't failed. The entire process was not done properly by your people. You need re evaluate those Guns

Zarvan

why not? any specific reason?

30characterrule
Chinese Gun simply not Good enough as for Turkish Gun it's over engineered but don't know why HK-417 is not in the competition

Bahamut

Dude you never tested SCAR. Still the other Guns you tested I am pretty sure they didn't failed. The entire process was not done properly by your people. You need re evaluate those Guns
They were unable to take the sand,turned out they were softies and a maintenance nightmare then Kalashnikov came with a offer which had ToT and production in India ,it is good for our defense industry .

Zulfiqar Khan

Zarvan

They were unable to take the sand,turned out they were softies and a maintenance nightmare then Kalashnikov came with a offer which had ToT and production in India ,it is good for our defense industry .
Dude the Guns you tested didn't included SCAR and I would repeat I have serious doubts on How India did the trials

Zulfiqar Khan

The source mentions nothing about the FN-Scar.

Also, I cant find any reasonable sources - but your see paramilitary units everywhere with AK-100 series. I'll provide pictures when I get back home.
I found some pictures but I dont know if these are clones or actual AKs to be honest - I read somewhere before that the Pakistan Rangers actively use the AK-101.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles