Pakistan says Hindu settlements in Indian Kashmir violate UN

Blackwater

Pakistan says Hindu settlements in Indian Kashmir violate UN resolutions

An Indian plan to resettle tens of thousands of Hindus in new townships in the disputed Muslim-majority region of Kashmir is a violation of U.N. Security Council resolutions, a Pakistani government spokeswoman said on Thursday.

ISLAMABAD: An Indian plan to resettle tens of thousands of Hindus in new townships in the disputed Muslim-majority region of Kashmir is a violation of U.N. Security Council resolutions, a Pakistani government spokeswoman said on Thursday.

The divided Himalayan region is claimed by both Hindu-majority India and Islamic Pakistan and the nuclear-armed neighbours have gone to war two times over the territory since independence in 1947.

Pakistan has long pressed for the implementation of decades-old U.N. resolutions calling for a ballot for the region to decide its future. India says the United Nations has no role in Kashmir.

India's nationalist government said in early April it planned to resettle tens of thousands of Hindus in three new townships in its part of Kashmir. Pakistan's foreign ministry spokeswoman said that was unacceptable.

"Any effort to create special dedicated townships or zones, or any other step to alter the demographic make-up of Jammu and Kashmir, is in violation of the U.N. Security Council resolutions," the spokeswoman, Tasneem Aslam, told a regular briefing.

"We have already seen how the people of Jammu and Kashmir are resisting it," she said.

She did not elaborate, but was apparently referring to recent protests in Indian Kashmir.

Between 200,000 and 300,000 Hindus are estimated to have fled Kashmir after an armed revolt against New Delhi's rule erupted in 1989. Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Bharatiya Janata Party has long vowed to return them to their homes.

Kashmiri separatists say the plan for townships for Hindus is an Israel-style policy of creating settlements in occupied territory.

About 100,000 people have been killed in the separatist revolt in Indian Kashmir that India says is financed and aided by Pakistan.

Pakistan denies the accusation, saying it only gives moral and diplomatic support to the Kashmiri people facing rights abuses at the hands of the Indian army.

After years of anti-insurgency operations by Indian forces violence has ebbed in Kashmir over recent years.

The nuclear-armed neighbours occasionally hold rounds of talks aimed at improving relations but there has been no sign of any compromise on Kashmir.

Pakistan says Hindu settlements in Indian Kashmir violate UN resolutions - Channel NewsAsia

anupamsurey

Country flag
since it is said by pakistan, no one will hear it, and no one will give a damn ear to it.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!

i say creation of Pakistan was biggest mistake in history of mankind .
Sirji jo hua theek hua.
Rahi baat settlement ki , UN ka baap bhi india ka kuch nahi bigad sakta. Russia will veto.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

Wth? You would rather want these 400 million murder bots to have roamed around free in Undivided India? If anything creation of Pakistan is the best thing that could have happened to us.

That said, Pakis can talk whatever they want. Hindu settlements in Kashmir is the only way to solve that issue

Simple_Guy

Pakistan has itself changed demographics in Gilgit region by settling Sunnis and oppressing the local Shias.

The Fox

Why don't they STFU and Mind their own business There is a lots of $hit hanging out of them like Baluchistan and NWFP and TTP and bloody lying army and messy and fished up Karachi still they want to poke in to Kashmir the end result will be very clear they are going to get a Bloody nose as long as kashmiris are protesting it its fine when Paki's enter it becoms a National sensation and everyone will want to do what Pakis don't want us to do

lcafanboy

Country flag

I WOULD FURTHER IMPROVE THIS STATEMENT THAT MUSLIM SETTLEMENTS IN UNDIVIDED BHARAT WAS THE BIGGEST VIOLATION. AND MAYBE THE MUSLIM SETTLEMENT ON THE ENTIRE EARTH IS A VIOLATION AS THEY ARE FROM ASUR JATI (ASURS WITH WHOM GODS FIGHT) OR DEMONS FROM PAST LIVING IN PATAAL LOK. YOU LOOK AT THE WORLD AND YOU WILL FIND NOT A SINGLE NATION WITH EVEN A SMALL MUSLIM SETTLEMENT LIVING IN PEACE. MUSLIMS ARE A THREAT TO THE WORLD. SO THE UN SHOULD TAKE A DECISION TO THROW THEM ON MERCURY WHERE THEIR ASSES GET BURNED UP. :mad::mad:

Rashna

Country flag
What about the fact that Pak occupation of Gilgit Baltistan is a violation of UN resolution? UN can't interfere in resettlement of Kashmiri Pandits who have been forced out by militancy.

shekhar

Sirji jo hua theek hua.
Rahi baat settlement ki , UN ka baap bhi india ka kuch nahi bigad sakta. Russia will veto.
No russia will nt do anything for us...i have lost faith in russians

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
No russia will nt do anything for us...i have lost faith in russians
Well they will VETO what we want them to veto ... or they push us towards the west. Countries like germany /France/UK have a lot of capital that is sinking due to negative interest rates.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

One of the best things to have happened for Indians.

shekhar

Me too. I heard that Russians leaked Brahmos missile's blue print to China..Is it true?
Its a big game...bt thy will not do that...becoz if thy will do anything stupid...thy will lose thr big market in india...#lossofrussianeconomy

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Its a big game...bt thy will not do that...becoz if thy will do anything stupid...thy will lose thr big market in india...#lossofrussianeconomy
Russia is just upset. For the first time , they need India more than India needs them. Let them get used to reality.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles