Pakistan ready for nuclear non-testing agreement with India: Sartaj Aziz

What Indians do think of Pakistan?

• Just an irritant jumping around.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Sole Enemy and Arch Rival

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • A live entertainment show which's essential for time pass.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I don't even think except there's a terror attack.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Indians do breathe, eat, work, live, dream and die just to destroy land of pure.

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Flame Thrower

the way I see it ....

We haven't signed NPT for our own reasons, and trying hard to get into NSG without signing NPT. Now mr. Aziz has putfort a bilateral version of NPT. It is similar but less efective version of NPT.

By signing it, We can't test components(please correct me if I am wrong) let alone the whole bomb and Pak gets good image too(I smell Chinese flavor to this agreement).

If we don't sign it then, everyone in the world gets specially China can block more agressively at NSG and our supporters doubts on us.

I really want to know how we pull through this.

mayfair

Translation: "It's too tedious to obtain Chinese supplied bums and too dangerous to test them in Balochistan again."

So let's stop testing shall we?

Mijjiles we can Phyre from Bakjab into Sindh and Balochistan anytime :wink:

mayfair

The poll could do with few additions.

The first choice could be modified to
Just an irritant jumping around and an occasional migraine.

This option could be added
6. Turd that refuses to go away regardless of how many times you flush, ends up stinking the building.

armyofhind

Country flag
What bullshit.
After Smiling Buddha, we don't need to physically blast a new thermonuclear device to actually test one for yield and effect.

The very purpose of blasting the five Shakti devices in 1998 was to get enough data so that future nuclear devices can be developed on simulations run on our supercomputers.
Pakistan thinks we are as behind in technology as they are. Big mistake.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India rejects Pakistan's offer for nuclear test ban treaty
India has rejected Pakistan’s proposal for a bilateral nuclear test ban treaty. The offer was made by Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif during his recent speech at the United Nations General Assembly in New York.
"We believe that the issues pertaining to nuclear disarmament do not have regional solutions,” spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs Vikas Swarup said, indicating that
Just,my words.:amen:
New Delhi was in no mood to accept the offer from Islamabad. Sharif told the UN General Assembly on Wednesday that Pakistan was ready for talks with India to "agree on a bilateral nuclear test ban treaty”. His offer came at a time when New Delhi’s troubled relations with Islamabad worsened after the recent terror attack on the Indian Army camp at Uri in north Kashmir.
Four Pakistani suicide attackers had sneaked into India from across the Line of Control and carried out the attack, which resulted in the death of 18 soldiers of the Indian Army.
Sharif said while Pakistan was committed to establishing strategic stability in the region, it could not ignore India’s "unprecedented arms build-up” and would take whatever measures were necessary to maintain "credible deterrence”.
Sources told DH in New Delhi that India already had in place a unilateral moratorium on test of nuclear weapons and was not keen to hold discussion with Pakistan for a bilateral treaty. New Delhi, however, argued that issues pertaining to nuclear disarmament were global in nature. "Our position on these issues and our engagements with global forums dealing with these issues were a matter of record,” said Swarup.
The Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) was adopted by the UN General on Assembly September 10, 1996 which is signed and ratified by 166 nations so far. The US and China are among the 17 nations, which have signed the treaty, but not ratified it.

Superdefender

Can someone explain me why is India not nuking terroristan. Both terroristan and China doesn't have Ballistic missile defence shield! But we have. First we should change our nuclear doctrine to First use, but only against Terroristan. Then launch them and intercept incoming hostile ICBMs by AAD/PAD. Why fear?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Can someone explain me why is India not nuking terroristan. Both terroristan and China doesn't have Ballistic missile defence shield! But we have. First we should change our nuclear doctrine to First use, but only against Terroristan. Then launch them and intercept incoming hostile ICBMs by AAD/PAD. Why fear?
China still has a lot of offensive power to retaliate, pakistan has geographical advantage which bears support of USA, Russia and PRC to it.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Add one more option in the poll :-

Pakistan is just a nuisance rogue nation.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Please explain in details. I could not understand a bit.
Pakistan is not only the bridge between Middle East and West Asia with Subcontinent and East Asia, it's neighbor of four strategically important countries.
Iran, Afghanistan, China and India.

For prevention of India's rise and keeping it occupied in South Asia, supporting them against India would be the first thought to come in a Diplomat's mind.

Currently, India's 55% trade passes though SCS. So, India is dependent on East Asia but rapidly growing trade with West Asia wh make our economy vulnerable to be Pakistan.
We know that Pakistan is not capable of blocking our trade route itself at all, but any great power with a base in Pakistan can easily do it.
Hence, India attempted to detach Baluchistan to make this advantage insignificant and US pitched against it.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
@Indx TechStyle, what are you talking about? I know diplomatic things. I am asking why can we not nuke Pak?
You want a nuclear war? Bad idea!

Pakistan is a basket case and hasn't much to loose. India on the other hand is a nation on the move and the third largest economy in the world (PPP). Do you want to loose all that and come down to the levels of the Porkis? Building up again to the levels where we are today will take decades!

Remember, a missile shield isn't 100% effective. Even if a few nukes get through, it sure will spoil the party! So a nuke war is a bad idea where India is concerned.

The same equation applies to China. For them a nuke war with India would be a nightmare as they've a lot more to loose. They wouldn't want Shanghai reduced to rubble, would they?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Then why is the world not snatching Pakistan's ?
Pakistan becomes an insignificant nation without nukes. If other 71 occurs (Baluchistan like Bangladesh), it will further kill it's strategic importance.
And if a regional hegemon has no neutralizer in it's neighborhood to balance, you know what happens. There's a very good reason that Britain and USA ended up as most successful nations in western world.
Unlike Europeans, they had not to face much problems from neighborhood.
Brothers, we had BMD to intercept Pak's ICBM. Why fear to nuke Pak?
We can't stop every single bomb.
As 9 out of 11 tests of AAD were successful, means it will kill 89 out of 100 bombs.
But what will you do with rest 11? India has a lot of infrastructure, industrial complex and high population density.

su35

Country flag
We can't stop every single bomb.
As 9 out of 11 tests of AAD were successful, means it will kill 89 out of 100 bombs.
But what will you do with rest 11? India has a lot of infrastructure, industrial complex and high population density.
There is no system in whole world wo are 100% accurate. Even Patroit and s400 even advertised much do not reach 90% accuracy.
Who know those 11 may suffer malfunction and crash some where else :bplease:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles