Pakistan owes Iran $100m for electricity imports

Blackwater

Pakistan's unpaid electricity bills to Iran has exceeded USD 100 million as Islamabad fails to settle its debt due to the US-led banking restrictions against the Islamic Republic, a report says.:pound::pound::taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:

Pakistan has been importing 74 megawatts (MW) of electricity per day from Iran since 2002, to feed the border areas of its Baluchistan Province under a 12-year agreement which expires in December 2014.

A senior Pakistani official said his country is paying 10 cents per unit of electricity under the formula agreed with Iran.

The official, whose name was not revealed, said Islamabad plans to send a delegation to Iran to discuss the possibility of continuation of Iran's electricity exports to Pakistan.

In 2002, Pakistan and Iran reached an agreement to supply electricity from Iran to the areas of Pakistan's Balochistan Province, including Gwadar.

At the beginning of 2012, the US and EU imposed sanctions on Iran's oil and financial sectors with the goal of preventing other countries from purchasing Iranian oil and conducting transactions with the Central Bank of Iran.

Pakistan is battling chronic electricity shortage, which is inflaming public anger and stifling industrial output, as power outages can last eight to 10 hours a day in cities, with much more frequent cuts in rural areas.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/09/27/380221/pakistan-owes-iran-100m-for-electricity/

Last edited:

Blackwater

muft me khane ki adaat ho gayi ha pakistaniyo ko:lol::lol::lol:

they also not paid turkish ship which produce electricity for karachi for many yrs:lol::lol:

misuse of islamic brotherhood

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
We are also planning to sell electricity to pakis in future ......

What sort of deal are we gonna get????

:rofl::lol:
Pakistan's unpaid electricity bills to Iran has exceeded USD 100 million as Islamabad fails to settle its debt due to the US-led banking restrictions against the Islamic Republic, a report says.:pound::pound::taunt1::taunt1::taunt1:

Pakistan has been importing 74 megawatts (MW) of electricity per day from Iran since 2002, to feed the border areas of its Baluchistan Province under a 12-year agreement which expires in December 2014.

A senior Pakistani official said his country is paying 10 cents per unit of electricity under the formula agreed with Iran.

The official, whose name was not revealed, said Islamabad plans to send a delegation to Iran to discuss the possibility of continuation of Iran's electricity exports to Pakistan.

In 2002, Pakistan and Iran reached an agreement to supply electricity from Iran to the areas of Pakistan's Balochistan Province, including Gwadar.

At the beginning of 2012, the US and EU imposed sanctions on Iran's oil and financial sectors with the goal of preventing other countries from purchasing Iranian oil and conducting transactions with the Central Bank of Iran.

Pakistan is battling chronic electricity shortage, which is inflaming public anger and stifling industrial output, as power outages can last eight to 10 hours a day in cities, with much more frequent cuts in rural areas.

PressTV - Pakistan owes Iran $100m for electricity imports

Blackwater

Question is how long pakis will make fool of muslim countries and get free stuff in the name of islam???

anupamsurey

Country flag
Question is how long pakis will make fool of muslim countries and get free stuff in the name of islam???
dont know wether it is true or not (about pakis fooling middle east), see saudis and other need pakis (or atleast their disproportionately huge army) to have a leverage in this world dominated by christians, jews and communists, why do you think the paki army was scraping its butt in middle east war?, it (the free oil) is just a dogs collar to pakis, and since paki have made themselves a background (battle field is more like it) for shia- sunni conflict for domination in middle east, i see things getting far out of control.
in all
saudi chachu ke tewar thikh nahi lag rahe hai, aur pakistan as usual apne aap ko bech kar bhi ro raha hai.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
We are also planning to sell electricity to pakis in future ......

What sort of deal are we gonna get????

:rofl::lol:
If we can get the below DEAL we can give BIG discount and uninterpreted supply of electricity to Pakis. Ganja should think seriously about this open offer. :D

Ahsan Bin Tufail

@Ahsan Bin Tufail

apka tapsara iss mauju pe
Honestly speaking Dear @Blackwater, I don't know what is asked from me. USA is indebted from head to toe and there seems to be almost no chances of revival of US economy. UK and Europe are facing worst kind of recession in recorded history. 100 million USD is nothing but peanuts. No one is concerned. Even Iran is not much concerned. So why are the honorable members of DFI so concerned?

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

Honestly speaking Dear @Blackwater, I don't know what is asked from me. USA is indebted from head to toe and there seems to be almost no chances of revival of US economy. UK and Europe are facing worst kind of recession in recorded history. 100 million USD is nothing but peanuts. No one is concerned. Even Iran is not much concerned. So why are the honorable members of DFI so concerned?
honestly speaking dear tufail, the news is not about usa and UK and EU, it about pakistan not paid due around 100 million$$$.

And for u 100 million$$ is peanuts ??? well pakistan not gonna pay ,so does not matter its peanut or hazelnut for you.

why DFI members concerned ??? a country with 110 nukes, in the middle of civil war, economy ha nahi,debt overflow ho rahe ha, dues are not paid.

concern to hoga hi:cool2::cool2:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Oh... we at DFI didn't know $100 Million is just peanuts for a wealthy country like Pakistan.

Now Pakis can run to it's Abba Saudi/Chinese masters to get the peanuts.

thethinker

Country flag
As a Pakistani, do you feel that reasons stated by Pak govt when receiving aid from US and other nations are way different than the actual use of this aid?

Also, do you feel that there is a wide gap between promised use of such aid money and the actual state of affairs of your country?

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
nai bhai .... Shareef khaandaaan ko baksh do....

Hamain Khatoonon ki respect karni chahiye...
CAn v ask our most wanted in return?
If we can get the below DEAL we can give BIG discount and uninterpreted supply of electricity to Pakis. Ganja should think seriously about this open offer. :D

Ahsan Bin Tufail

honestly speaking dear tufail, the news is not about usa and UK and EU, it about pakistan not paid due around 100 million$$$.

And for u 100 million$$ is peanuts ??? well pakistan not gonna pay ,so does not matter its peanut or hazelnut for you.

why DFI members concerned ??? a country with 110 nukes, in the middle of civil war, economy ha nahi,debt overflow ho rahe ha, dues are not paid.

concern to hoga hi:cool2::cool2:
Dear, I am not the official spokesman of present corrupt Pakistani Govt. Delays are a norm in Govt offices. I don't have even a bit of an idea that why this amount is not yet paid. Even though, it's not a big sum and must be paid ASAP.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
nai bhai .... Shareef khaandaaan ko baksh do....

Hamain Khatoonon ki respect karni chahiye...
CAn v ask our most wanted in return?
Arrre hum uski respect he toh kar rahe hain. :lol:

Who wants the ugly terrorists in return.

Ahsan Bin Tufail

As a Pakistani, do you feel that reasons stated by Pak govt when receiving aid from US and other nations are way different than the actual use of this aid?

Also, do you feel that there is a wide gap between promised use of such aid money and the actual state of affairs of your country?
Dear @thethinker,
A common Pak citizen like me has little say in the Govt. affairs including the vote for electing our representatives. Feudals, illetrates, bad characters are our representatives which is unacceptable for us at worst. Our nation is facing acute problems due to these corrupt decision people. I am pretty much sure that whatever alms these bastards are getting is not spent on us. Rather they are filling their foreign accounts and the burden of payment is on us as these rascals will run away when situation becomes worse for them. These so-called rulers are a wrath of God on us and we humbly pray to God to save us from the coming destruction as I am clearly seeing it if these bastards remain in their present positions overlooking the interest of their hard working, loyal and good-natured nation. We are not bad people as we are projected in the media of strong nations like India, USA, West etc. Average Pakistani loves humanity and wants to play his part for the prosperity of this World and it is my belief that one day we will be a free nation playing our part like the great Indian nation.

Ashutosh Lokhande

Dear @thethinker,
A common Pak citizen like me has little say in the Govt. affairs including the vote for electing our representatives. Feudals, illetrates, bad characters are our representatives which is unacceptable for us at worst. Our nation is facing acute problems due to these corrupt decision people. I am pretty much sure that whatever alms these bastards are getting is not spent on us. Rather they are filling their foreign accounts and the burden of payment is on us as these rascals will run away when situation becomes worse for them. These so-called rulers are a wrath of God on us and we humbly pray to God to save us from the coming destruction as I am clearly seeing it if these bastards remain in their present positions overlooking the interest of their hard working, loyal and good-natured nation. We are not bad people as we are projected in the media of strong nations like India, USA, West etc. Average Pakistani loves humanity and wants to play his part for the prosperity of this World and it is my belief that one day we will be a free nation playing our part like the great Indian nation.
It seems like muslims are more happy, enjoy more right, and are much more safer here than pakistan.

Ashutosh Lokhande

@ahsan, you guyz are helpless in front of corrupt,illetrate and goonda type represantatives. a better option would be that you all humanity loving peace loving ppl most write to modi and ask him to liberate you guyz from your rulers. Its the only way you can get azadi. Nahi toh aisi haal main puri zindagi bhar allah se dua maangte firoge. :truestory:

Ahsan Bin Tufail

Oh... we at DFI didn't know $100 Million is just peanuts for a wealthy country like Pakistan.

Now Pakis can run to it's Abba Saudi/Chinese masters to get the peanuts.
Let them run and get the peanuts. Ultimately, it's who are going to pay this sum by burning our blood as we have been doing since inception to protect their illegitimate rule.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles