Pakistan Minorities Minister Shot Dead

jatkshatriya

The situtation of lawlessness and chaos in pakistan is becoming alarmingly dangerous .pakistans minorities minister shot dead.Exact reason not known as of now.High probability of this being the work of some religious fanatic killing the "minister for the Kaafirs ".

jatkshatriya

For the greater good of the people and long lasting regional peace and stability, our leaders shud make some tough decisions.It is time for our Army to step in and bring out Pakistan from this sorry state of lawlessness, religious fanaticism and chaos.Neutralise all their weapons , destroy their armies and help them live a better life.
In short lets annex pakistan :D

pmaitra

UPDATE 1-Christian Pakistani minister shot dead in Islamabad

UPDATE 1-Christian Pakistani minister shot dead in Islamabad

Wed Mar 2, 2011 2:02am EST
Reuters

(Reuters) - Pakistani Minister for Minorities Shahbaz Bhatti, who had called for changes in the country's controversial blasphemy law, was killed in a gun attack in Islamabad on Wednesday, officials said.

Police said the shooting took place near an Islamabad market. Bhatti was the only Christian in the Pakistani cabinet.

"The initial reports are that there were three men who attacked him. He was probably shot using a Kalashnikov, but we are trying to ascertain what exactly happened," said Islamabad police chief Wajid Durrani.

A hospital spokesman said Bhatti had several bullet wounds.

The anti-blasphemy law has been in the spotlight since last November, when a court sentenced a Christian mother of four to death.

On Jan. 4 the governor of the most populous province of Punjab, Salman Taseer, who had strongly opposed the law and sought presidential pardon for the 45-year-old Christian farmhand, was gunned down by one of his bodyguards.

The anti-blasphemy law has its roots in 19th-century colonial legislation to protect places of worship, but it was during the military dictatorship of General Mohammad Zia ul-Haq in the 1980s that it acquired teeth as part of a drive to Islamise the state.

Liberal Pakistanis and rights groups believe the law to be dangerously discriminatory against the country's tiny minority groups.

Under the law, anyone who speaks ill of Islam and the Prophet Mohammad commits a crime and faces the death penalty, but activists say the vague terminology has led to its misuse.

Christians who make up about two percent of Pakistan's population have been especially concerned about the law saying it offers them no protection.

Convictions hinge on witness testimony and often these are linked to personal vendettas, critics say.

Blasphemy convictions are common, although the death sentence has never been carried out. Most convictions are thrown out on appeal, but angry mobs have killed many people accused of blasphemy. (Reporting by Zeeshan Haider and Chris Allbritton; Editing by Robert Birsel and John Chalmers) (For more Reuters coverage of Afghanistan and Pakistan, see: here.

(If you have a query or comment about this story, send an e-mail to [email protected])

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/02/idUSL3E7E20FV20110302

pmaitra

Pakistan minorities minister shot dead in Islamabad

Pakistan minorities minister shot dead in Islamabad

2 March 2011; BBC News

Shahbaz Bhatti had said he had been threatened, but that he would not be intimidated.

Pakistan's Minorities Minister, Shahbaz Bhatti, has died after two gunmen opened fire on his car in the capital, Islamabad, hospital officials say.

He was travelling to work when through a residential district when his vehicle was sprayed with bullets, police said.

Mr Bhatti, a Christian, is a leader of the ruling Pakistan People's Party.

In January, he told the BBC he would defy death threats he had received from Islamist militants for his efforts to reform the country's blasphemy law.

The blasphemy law holds a death sentence for anyone who insults Islam, but Mr Bhatti said it had been used to persecute minority faiths.

"I was told that if I was to continue the campaign against the blasphemy law, I will be assassinated. I will be beheaded. But forces of violence, forces of extremism cannot harass me, cannot threaten me," he said.

On 4 January, Punjab provincial governor Salman Taseer, who had also strongly opposed the law, was shot dead by one of his bodyguards.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12617562

pmaitra

For the greater good of the people and long lasting regional peace and stability, our leaders shud make some tough decisions.It is time for our Army to step in and bring out Pakistan from this sorry state of lawlessness, religious fanaticism and chaos.Neutralise all their weapons , destroy their armies and help them live a better life.
I have no interest in this whatsoever. Don't want any part of Pakistan. It's too much of a mess to annex.

Its like purchasing a used BMW that was owned by a spoilt brat of a rich dad. You will pay for the rest of your life dearly.

Iamanidiot

Pmaitra no man likes to loose his assets thats why gilani will not loose her

Iamanidiot

Rumour is that he was killed becoause he was catholic.My sympathies to him

smartindian

Country flag
another Bhakra lost his life fighting for truth and justice in a barbarian society . may his soul RIP

mayfair

He should have known better than open his trap about the blasphemy law in the land of the pure. If a TFTA elite who happened to be a Muslim and a governor and one of the richest people in Pakistan could be gunned down, then what chance did this poor Kafir had in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan? Unlike Taseer, Bhatti was genuinely respected by his constituents. Pakistan's loss.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If this is what they do to minorities, why do make a song and a dance over issues of the minorities in India?

Hypocrites!

Pakistan's khoon is khoon
India's khoon is pani
Pakistan's gham is gham
And India's gham is kahani?

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
pakistan is a society of Barbarians, Beasts and Islamic thugs......After killing a hapless Christian minister they have proved they are truly a "fort of Islam" and "Land of the Pure".........Sometimes, I seriously thank Nehru-Gandhi combination for giving these barbarians and shameless beggar awam a nation of their own.....man I cant imagine living next to them, as today they kill their own, just imagine what they would have done living with so many Hindus.....!!

jatkshatriya

I have no interest in this whatsoever. Don't want any part of Pakistan. It's too much of a mess to annex.

Its like purchasing a used BMW that was owned by a spoilt brat of a rich dad. You will pay for the rest of your life dearly.
I meant Pakistan minus the religious fanatics......let them be refugees in a truly religious nation of Afghanistan...the strictest implementation of Shariah...everybody will be happy then :D

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I think this operation has ISI written all over it, any idea of names of new ghazi now, any news?

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/MC03Df02.html

The four militants left pamphlets saying that the Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan (Pakistani Taliban - TTP) and the Fidayan-e-al-Qaeda had killed Bhatti, who was the only Christian in the cabinet, because of his opposition to a harsh blasphemy law that imposes the death penalty on those considered to have insulted Islam.

TTP spokesperson Ehsanullah Ahsan called media organizations to claim responsibility for the assasination.

Now this portion confirms that they have insider help.
Bhatti's murder was carefully planned; the militants had obviously cased the area, knew his schedule, had pamphlets published in advance claiming responsibility, and managed to enter and exit what is supposed to be a secure zone unscathed. This points to the militants' increasing capacity to hit any target of their choice despite the government's best security efforts.

The incident also brings into question the ideological underpinning of the militancy in Pakistan. Despite successful military operations in Swat, South Waziristan and other tribal areas, it has not been possible to uproot the militants. Until a coherent ideological discourse is opened that could defeat the arguments of the militants in their own jargon, the concept of complete security in Pakistani society remains a dream.
I guess Rehman is next in the line

p2prada

Looks like all logical, moderate people in Pakistan are either leaving the country or getting shot.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Blasphemy Law is blasphemous in itself since logic requires to be applied with contemporary relevance.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Bro, what good can happen from it. Why do you want to increase pain and burden on our head as it e don't have our own problems.
Annexing pakistan is like buying pain(for yourself).

Oracle

R.I.P Shahbaz Bhatti.

It seems that the condition of minorities in Pakistan is worse than buffaloes in India. Such a price for only a law!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles