Pakistan Economy: News & Discussion

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
If you don't know, it doesn't mean that it is not happening.

Do you really think that we will let China to susceed in String of Pearls...

We didn't even let America dominate us in the IOR in 1971, why do you think that we will let China do it now. Now before anyone who would like to start that Soviet Union helped us, please go through the below points.

1. As per Indira Gandhi (then Our PM), orders, our COAS Sam Bahadur started preparing our army for war.

2. Our Admiral has warned Pakistan well in advance that if war takes place, Karachi will burn. He warned them well in advance of one year.

3. Mrs. Gandhi has gone around the world to gather support for our invasion.

4. We have made pacts with SU in August 1971 as a part of gathering support.

5. Pak forces attacked India. India declared war on Pakistan.

6. America came to support Pak in IOR.

7. Thanks to SU subs, America didn't attacked us... and the rest is history....

The above statements are facts.

I typed them deliberately so that you can understand the big picture.

All we know is America tried to support Pak and dominate IOR in the Indian Ocean. With help of Soviet support, we foiled American plans. If we think that our Military planners haven't anticipated this and approached SU to counter that, then it is our foolishness.

The bottom line is we didn't tolerate world's largest force tried to mess with us in IOR when we're poor and fighting two front war. How could we think that we'll leave China when we are the third largest economy and fourth largest navy in the world.

Thus I rest my case.
I am sorry I was really ignorant on the topic, I see the bigger picture now.
I am just a common man sir I want to live and die for my country all my family member have done the same. These days when I see the corruption and mishandling of our defence forces it really rustles my jimmies. This is the reason why I'm on my way to become a Aeronautical engineer so I many contribute something.
Jay hind

Flame Thrower

First of all, don't be sorry....and please don't call me sir.

I am also a common man like you. I just read too much defense related stuff.

It might look like, things are not going at pace...we might see loot of corrupt officers, but there are Patriots too working for this country... betterment of this country....we are growing and developing...

Wish you all the best for your studies...

Jai hind

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
832 killed so far in retaliatory fire by Indian forces: NA committee told

Unprovoked firing by Indian forces across the Line of Control (LoC) has taken 832 lives lives while 3,000 have been injured and 3,300 houses been damaged, the director general (DG) of the Disaster Management Authority (DMA) informed the National Assembly's Standing Committee on Kashmir Affairs Monday.

Presided over by PML-N MNA Khalil George, the standing committee had discussed Indian ceasefire violations on the LoC.

DMA DG Zaheeruddin Qureshi informed the committee that about 425,000 civilians residing in areas around the LoC were under threat because of Indian firing.

Incidences of firing have so far caused 832 deaths while 3,000 people have been injured. 3,300 houses have also been damaged as a result, Qureshi said.

The spokesperson for the AJK government also appeared before the committee. He complained of the Pakistan government not assisting them in providing financial assistance to the families of the deceased and injured. Rs300,000 are given to families of the deceased while Rs100,000 go to the injured, Qureshi said.

Members of the committee insisted on visiting the LoC to determine the accurate situation on the border, but were discouraged to do so by Dr. Syed Asif Hussain, Azad Jammu Kashmir's (AJK) additional chief secretary of planning and development.

"Indian behaviour has been inappropriate of late, which is why security agencies are recommending that the members of the committee postpone their visit to the LoC," Hussain informed the committee.

A date for the visit will be decided after clearance is received from security agencies, Hussain said, adding that the members of the committee would be potential Indian targets.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1340485

Kshatriya87

Country flag
https://www.dawn.com/news/1342953
Bloodbath strikes PSX: index sheds over 1800 points during intraday trading

DAWN.com - 2 h ago

A bloodbath hit the Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX) on Monday with the benchmark KSE-100 Index shedding a hefty 1,825 points during intraday trading.

aliyah

dont worry nifty is also on verge of crashing.....most of global markets are trading in overbought zone

Kshatriya87

Country flag
It don't get all this market thing but is it good or bad?
Its bad. Very bad. No market is supposed to crash like that. This shows how unstable the paki stock exchange is. Also, this will repel the already repelled foreign investors.

Domestic and International investors look for growth and stability. Both are not present here.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I think @aditya10r will be able to explain this better.
It was bound to happen thanks to rampant corruption and shitty politics of Pakistan.
Plus China corridor is affecting the markets now,it's only a matter of time every goddamn sector of Pakistan will be hit.

Health of economy is reflected by size of your stock market.losing 1800 points is damn big,if this shit ever happens in India people would be hit but in pakistan(thanks to dismally small markets) this thing would have burner them àlive.

Chalo accha hai,marne do katuo ko

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Its bad. Very bad. No market is supposed to crash like that. This shows how unstable the paki stock exchange is. Also, this will repel the already repelled foreign investors.

Domestic and International investors look for growth and stability. Both are not present here.
Paki Stock Exchange is a frikkin joke! Chinese investors own 40% of Pakistan Stock Exchange! It will soon be renamed HSX (Han Stock Exchange)! :tongue: :laugh:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
832 killed so far in retaliatory fire by Indian forces: NA committee told

Unprovoked firing by Indian forces across the Line of Control (LoC) has taken 832 lives lives while 3,000 have been injured and 3,300 houses been damaged, the director general (DG) of the Disaster Management Authority (DMA) informed the National Assembly's Standing Committee on Kashmir Affairs Monday.

Presided over by PML-N MNA Khalil George, the standing committee had discussed Indian ceasefire violations on the LoC.

DMA DG Zaheeruddin Qureshi informed the committee that about 425,000 civilians residing in areas around the LoC were under threat because of Indian firing.

Incidences of firing have so far caused 832 deaths while 3,000 people have been injured. 3,300 houses have also been damaged as a result, Qureshi said.

The spokesperson for the AJK government also appeared before the committee. He complained of the Pakistan government not assisting them in providing financial assistance to the families of the deceased and injured. Rs300,000 are given to families of the deceased while Rs100,000 go to the injured, Qureshi said.

Members of the committee insisted on visiting the LoC to determine the accurate situation on the border, but were discouraged to do so by Dr. Syed Asif Hussain, Azad Jammu Kashmir's (AJK) additional chief secretary of planning and development.

"Indian behaviour has been inappropriate of late, which is why security agencies are recommending that the members of the committee postpone their visit to the LoC," Hussain informed the committee.

A date for the visit will be decided after clearance is received from security agencies, Hussain said, adding that the members of the committee would be potential Indian targets.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1340485
Must be the from last decade or since cease fire 2003 as last year their civilian casualties were 70 ~ even though 2016 was one of the worst in cease fire violation.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles