Pakistan Deploys Anti-Aircraft Missiles System in FATA to Prevent NATO Attacks

neo29

To prevent the NATO forces attacking inside Pakistani air space, Pakistan has deployed an air defense system along its border with the troubled Afghanistan. This was news was revealed by Member National Assembly Munir Orakzai while he was speaking to the SAMAA TV in a program, 'Mohaaz'.
Pakistan as decided to deploy anti-aircraft missiles system in its tribal regions of FATA that are near Afghanistan to stop the NATO attack which resulted in deaths of Pakistani soldiers. Officials have said "Now no helicopter will be able to escape after entering into Pakistani territory."
After repeated attacks on Pakistani soil by the NATO helicopters which resulted in the deaths of Pakistani security forces and civilian, Pakistan blocked one of the routes that were being used by the NATO to get its supplies in Afghanistan.
After strong protest and blockage of the NATO route, NATO's Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said, "I expressed my regret for the incident last week in which Pakistani soldiers lost their lives," and he hoped that Pakistan would reopen for NATO supplies to Afghanistan. He said, "I expressed my hope the border will be open for supplies as soon as possible."

idrw.org

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
ये मुह और मसूड़ की दाल? :emot175: ऐसा पहली बारी देख रहा हूँ जब एक भिखारी देश अपने ही अन्नदाता को मुह दिखा रहा हो ।:emot15:

NATO will never stop its attacks and the entire Af-Pak border is porous meaning that there are a lot of entry points between the two countries. NATO just has to send in the usual drones now on without risking the lives of their gunship pilots. I won't be surprised if the SAM system gets sabotaged in a couple of days. If the current level of face-off continues, I think there's going to be a NATO-Pakistan war in which Pakistan would expect China to militarily intervene (a wishful thinking on their part of course).

Last edited:
Country flag
looks like a border war is developing?? first time SAM's are deployed by one ally against another??

plugwater

Looks like first time they have deployed their SAM in a border other than Indo-Pak.

Rebelkid

domestic consumption only.. I,d love to see a Pakistani SAM actually fire on a NATO gunship.....

Country flag
Predator drone can take out these SAM's if needed they could also send in Harop, it will be good to see what USA does to take these SAM's out. In Kosovo Serb war a Predator was shot down by Strela SAM'S Serbs had, but Strela is much better the Chinese junk SAM's Pakistan has.

Last edited:

Rebelkid

Predator drone can take out these SAM's if needed they could also send in Harop, it will be good to see what USA does to take these SAM's out.
But is till have this bitter feeling NATO is up to something big here. A Pakistan aligned to china is dangerous to U.S especially if china gets access to Gwadar port. Most likely America may still favor a dismembered Pakistan coz its serves their interest to get access to Gwadar port .. Maybe drone strikes are also part of this ?

Last edited by a moderator:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
And what SAMs are these? Chinese (!) or some european?

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Political hogwash for domestic consumption only(upcoming election you see)! There are no SAM's there at least none that will fire on NATO gunships. the political & military leadership of Pakistan does not have the cohones to pull such a stunt!

Last edited:
Country flag
But is till have this bitter feeling NATO is up to something big here. A Pakistan aligned to china is dangerous to U.S especially if china gets access to Gwadar port. Most likely America may still favor a dismembered Pakistan coz its serves their interest to get access to Gwadar port .. Maybe drone strikes are also part of this ?
USA wants to escalate this war and possibly eneter Pakistani territory, if China interferes there will be repercussions against China. There will also be dismemberment either way this is the opportunity USA has been looking for.

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They can take these SAM's out with simple SEAD mission or jam them at times of drone strikes. They will not see anything in that radar screen to lock on to.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

Question is that do they have enough SAM units available with them to deploy on Afganistan border? I am sure they might have moved one or 2 HQ-9 from China to test if they actually work .Anyways its good news for us . less number of SAM to destroy in case we decide to attack them.

Country flag
Question is that do they have enough SAM units available with them to deploy on Afganistan border? I am sure they might have moved one or 2 HQ-9 from China to test if they actually work .Anyways its good news for us . less number of SAM to destroy in case we decide to attack them.
US will probably tests some new smart bombs or ATGM's from this opportunity.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
The thing i am afraid of is a "wag the dog" game by the powers that be in the Military industrial complex(paraphrasing JFK there)of the United states, imagine this the U.S needs to get boots on the ground in pakistan but Islamabad is a thorn in the boots it needs to get rid of , something it cannot do without a legitimate reason.

Scenario-(zaid hamid stuff i know)
An American Spec ops team sits on a desolate road in FATA waiting for a British Chinook that is scheduled to drop some SAS troops there, the HQ-9 has been acquired from PA stocks by the lure of hard cash, the chinook appears and is shot down the blame comes to the Pakistani establishment, by hitting a British chopper the americanos effectively block any diplomatic "dooth bhaath" the British Pakistanis could have been able to pull, there is a complete uproar in the security council and the Marines(both royal and US)land on the beaches of Karachi.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
In the path of helping pakistan in their war with the NATO, China may end up in the loosing side if they give support to pakistan. They may also end up having less resources if they intervene in the war. So, the chinese intervension in the war may not be there.

plugwater

Nothing going to happen. This is just a drama from Pakistan to calm down its citizens.

SHASH2K2

US will probably tests some new smart bombs or ATGM's from this opportunity.
If Afgan war escalates to Pakistan we will definitely see live demo of some of latest and coolest Gadgets . Good thing is that Pakistan Army either has USA weapons or Chinese Junks . USA will have more than enough safeguards to make those systems useless and after that Pakistani army is nothing more than militia with few small fire arms.

Country flag
Nothing going to happen. This is just a drama from Pakistan to calm down its citizens.
50 NATO oil tankers have been destroyed it is more than a drama since it impacts the war effort.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Nice joke there by the pakistanis. I am sure the guys in Pentagon would have laughed themselves silly. The same pakistanis that kept their crown jewels safe in their hangers than being shot down by Indian fighters are now going to take the most powerful air force. Nothing but bravado by the establishment there to calm public anger.
Anyways some stupid soldiers fired a few bullets that invited major fire from americans, I would not even want to think what would happen if one stinger or those Chinese missiles fly out against US fighters or drones.

Talking about the Chinese I am sure they will pressure pak into not using HQ 9s if at all they actually plan to else they will be exposed and not get any orders from gullible third world countries.

Global Defence

Articles