Pakistan carried out drone strikes in Feb: NYT

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Yes - but I have always supported Pakistani controlled or jointly operated drone strikes.
On the bolder part I wouldn't go into that crap by saying USA think you guy are not credible enough to be trusted,

They were able get your permissions (you can dispute that) and then they were using your ports to operate them (no hell on earth you can dispute). I bet my life on it that it was/is a joint operation. I can place my self into US position and can see why they will be reluctant to handover the whole drone package 1. It is/was state of the art ground breaking technology. 2. They operate it from many places including from USA, so a logistical constraint as well.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I want the drone strikes conducted by Pakistan and/or conducted jointly - whether they use US, European, Chinese or local technology I don't really care.

There is nothing irrational about my position or the Pakistani position - Pakistan continues to state that the drone strikes are a violation of international law, a violation of the UN Charter and a violation of Pakistani sovereignty and unauthorized by Pakistan. Given the official Pakistani and US position, your example of Operator A and Operator B is not applicable here.
I haven't seen a single GoP move to brought USA in front of ICJ on drone issue or any independent body. You guys have been quite active against India at UNO could have dropped few lines against USA too.

gokussj9

Country flag
I haven't seen a single GoP move to brought USA in front of ICJ on drone issue or any independent body. You guys have been quite active against India at UNO could have dropped few lines against USA too.
..........................:namaste:

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
There is nothing irrational about my position or the Pakistani position - Pakistan continues to state that the drone strikes are a violation of international law, a violation of the UN Charter and a violation of Pakistani sovereignty and unauthorized by Pakistan. Given the official Pakistani and US position, your example of Operator A and Operator B is not applicable here.
Pakistan says something to US in private and says something else to public. If Pakistan thinks that US is violating the sovereignty and UN charter then why is it not taking US to UN forum or taking action against the drones. It won't do it because even now Pakistan is complicit in drone attacks by US.

In secret deal, ISI allows U.S. drone war to resume

Pakistan's military has agreed to the resumption of the United States' drone strikes against terrorist groups operating on its soil, highly-placed diplomatic sources told The Hindu.

The agreement, the sources said, was hammered out by Inter-Services Intelligence chief Lieutenant-General Shuja Ahmad Pasha and Central Intelligence Agency director David Petraeus at a secret meeting in Doha last month.

The pact ends a six-week cessation of operation that began after a November 26, 2011 U.S. airstrike claimed the lives of 24 Pakistani soldiers.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Are you suggesting that no other country on earth has the death penalty for criminals, and has had ZERO instances of alleged criminals being killed in encounters with law enforcement agencies?
Faulty arguments for the heck of it !

Execution without trail is not permitted in civilised world. Encounter is a defensive act. Killing with drones is a massacre.

Agnostic Muslim

Execution without trail is not permitted in civilised world. Encounter is a defensive act. Killing with drones is a massacre.
So what exactly do Indian security forces do when they 'encounter' suspected Naxal or Kashmiri insurgents? Hold a trial?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
So what exactly do Indian security forces do when they 'encounter' suspected Naxal or Kashmiri insurgents? Hold a trial?
They fire in self defense. Understand the difference. Self defense is a legal act .

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistan as well as Afghanistan(orphan state of pakistan) are our.

we have right to conduct 1000+ drone strikes per day..no one can object

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

:laugh:

US thinks same about Pakistan (orphan state of US). And therefore it strikes with drones at will. And Pakistan is complicit in this though it makes some noises in the public.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

US thinks same about Pakistan (orphan state of US). And therefore it strikes with drones at will. And Pakistan is complicit in this though it makes some noises in the public.
Because the govt has given them green signal.remember the shamsi airbase.even predator can be seen parked on google earth in shamsi airbase balochistan

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Because the govt has given them green signal.remember the shamsi airbase.even predator can be seen parked on google earth in shamsi airbase balochistan
So, you agree that Pakistan is complicit with US and given permission for drone strikes in Pakistan. You confirmed my doubts.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Here comes the denial from Pakistani Army. What does Pakistani posters have to say about Burraq UCAV now? :laugh: :rofl:

Pakistan Army rejects NYT report on drone strikes

DAWN.COM | 59 mins ago

Local and international media had reported two suspected US drone strikes in the North and South Waziristan tribal regions in early February, killing up to 11 people including two Al Qaeda men.—File Photo

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan's military on Tuesday rejected a report published in a US newspaper on recent drone strikes in northwestern Pakistan, calling it a "distortion of facts" and an attempt at weakening the country's stand against drone strikes.

Commenting on the report published in the New York Times on Tuesday, a spokesman for the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said "such an accusation is a distortion of the facts and seems to be aimed at diluting Pakistan's stance on drone strikes."

Local and international media had reported two suspected US drone strikes in the North and South Waziristan tribal regions in early February.

According to Dawn reports, the first strike on Feb 6 targeted a suspected compound in North Waziristan agency killing three unidentified people. The second strike on Feb 8 carried out on the border of the North and South Waziristan tribal regions was reported to have targeted a compound owned by a local Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) commander.

Intelligence officials said the Feb 8 attack killed eight militants, including two Al Qaeda men. The rest, sources said, were local TTP fighters.

However, the report published by the New York Times today quoted unnamed US intelligence officials as denying the US carried out the attacks and instead accused Pakistani forces of carrying out the strikes.

Rejecting the report, the ISPR spokesman denied Pakistan's security forces having carried out any operation, including air strikes, in the area on dates mentioned in the news report.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Actually US treats Pakistan as a mistress. :truestory:

average american

Wanted dead or alive has a long history in the USA,
FBI — Most Wanted Terrorists

The alleged terrorists on this list have been indicted by sitting Federal Grand Juries in various jurisdictions in the United States for the crimes reflected on their wanted posters. Evidence was gathered and presented to the Grand Juries, which led to their being charged. The indictments currently listed on the posters allow them to be arrested and brought to justice. Future indictments may be handed down as various investigations proceed in connection to other terrorist incidents, for example, the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.

The Rewards for Justice program, administered by the United States Department of State's Bureau of Diplomatic Security, offers rewards for information leading to the arrest of many of these terrorists.

It is also important to note that these individuals will remain wanted in connection with their alleged crimes until such time as the charges are dropped or when credible physical evidence is obtained, which proves with 100% accuracy, that they are deceased.

They are welcome to surrender for trial any time they wish, but their is no safe haven for terrorist any longer.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

That "orphan" sometime do raids inside Pakistan and go back killing few Paki soldiers.

That "orphan" would annex Paki land beyond Durand Line and you would not be able to do anything about it.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
So, you agree that Pakistan is complicit with US and given permission for drone strikes in Pakistan. You confirmed my doubts.
Yes but under table.And by the so called protest against the drone strike by the present govt is only BS.Fooling the public

Agnostic Muslim

Osama is 1001% relavant since its the BIGGEST example that Pakis support terrorists and cant be trusted for even "joint" operations. :lol:

So today it doesnt matter what you think or want but what US thinks and does.
Again - irrelevant to my comment. Perhaps you should go back and read the posts a few more times to understand the context.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Who is this" we" and who comprises of "our" ? Ha Ha Ha....

You mean to say the people on whom drone strikes are conducted are not part of that Punjabi "We" ??? The ultimate Pakistan ?

And how do you say "No one can object" ? You mean to say certain population of your country is halal to be killed ?

What about UN Charter ?? Human rights ? War crimes ? remember, they were part of India and India still have rights to voice over their issues.

Nahin to referendum karwa lo ...

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Rejecting the report, the ISPR spokesman denied Pakistan's security forces having carried out any operation, including air strikes, in the area on dates mentioned in the news report.
mentioned dates only.

Burraq UCAV being operational is no more a secret..was reported in jang news as well

Agnostic Muslim

On the bolder part I wouldn't go into that crap by saying USA think you guy are not credible enough to be trusted,

They were able get your permissions (you can dispute that) and then they were using your ports to operate them (no hell on earth you can dispute). I bet my life on it that it was/is a joint operation. I can place my self into US position and can see why they will be reluctant to handover the whole drone package 1. It is/was state of the art ground breaking technology. 2. They operate it from many places including from USA, so a logistical constraint as well.
US paranoia and trust issues are not my concern and were not the subject of my comments - you asked me whether I opposed drone strikes and I was quite clear in stating that I opposed them when they were carried out unilaterally by the US or some other nation, on Pakistani soil.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles