Pakistan can offer ‘30% less’ price on warships to Qatar

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by cobra commando, Apr 2, 2014.

  1. cobra commando

    cobra commando Tharki regiment Veteran Member Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2009
    Messages:
    10,493
    Likes Received:
    11,653
    Location:
    Oblivion
    Pakistan can deliver ships of any size “minus the aircraft carrier” to Gulf countries, especially Qatar, at 30% less construction cost than what Western manufacturers
    offer, a senior Pakistani official has said. In an interview, Rear Admiral
    Syed Hasan Nasir Shah, who is a serving Pakistan Navy officer and managing director of Karachi
    Shipyard & Engineering Works (KSEW), said his organisation’s various international certifications
    prove that the country’s ship- and submarine-building capacity is on a par with the best in the world. Pakistan has only one shipyard,
    the KSEW, which comes under its Ministry of Defence Production. Even though its naval forces boast of an impressive array of
    indigenously built fleet of
    warships and submarines, the country today is known more for its ship-breaking industry at Gadani than its modern facilities at the KSEW. When asked how the KSEW plans to create a space for itself in the extremely competitive environment, Shah said his shipyard offers many advantages to potential customers in the Gulf, least of which is geographical proximity.
    “The best advantage of our
    shipyard is in the quality of our manpower and affordability in terms of man hours,” he said. He explained that these days, around 40% of the total cost of building a ship in Europe goes into the material for electronics, weapons and auxiliary systems. The remaining 60% goes into manpower and construction.



    Read more here:
    Gulf Times - Pakistan can offer ‘30% less’ price on warships to Qatar
     
  2.  
  3. Sea Eagle

    Sea Eagle Senior Member Senior Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2014
    Messages:
    1,673
    Likes Received:
    669
    Location:
    INS Arihant
    :rofl: :pound:

    Bhai pehle apne liye to bana lo :D
     
    kseeker likes this.
  4. Blackwater

    Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2012
    Messages:
    20,997
    Likes Received:
    11,830
    Location:
    Akhand Bharat
    chinese ship gifted to pakistan sold to Qatar 30% less price,70% profit.

    wah kya naya angle wala business ha
     
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Neil, Sea Eagle, happy and 2 others like this.
  5. Apollyon

    Apollyon Führer Senior Member

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2011
    Messages:
    2,600
    Likes Received:
    2,380
    Location:
    आर्यावर्त
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    ------------------------------- (a minute pause for Paki Dumbness)
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
     
  6. Soumya1989

    Soumya1989 Regular Member

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2013
    Messages:
    107
    Likes Received:
    134
    Location:
    Bhubaneswar
    Well what new technologies Pakistan can offer to them as compared to West? I mean except cheap labor.
     
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  7. bennedose

    bennedose Senior Member Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2013
    Messages:
    1,336
    Likes Received:
    1,955
    Location:
    Pindliyon ka gooda
    Undersea concealment capability of surface ships.
     
    Soumya1989, Bangalorean, Neil and 2 others like this.

Share This Page