Pakistan beat India by 180 runs to win ICC Champions Trophy 2017 final

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't get the point of sedition laws. This colonial era law can be misused by any party at centre and needs to abolished. Even the UK has abolished it.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Don't get the point of sedition laws. This colonial era law can be misused by any party at centre and needs to abolished. Even the UK has abolished it.
As of 2009 there was no internal/external threat to Britain, but we do.

For us both internal and external threat exists.

I would say sedition law is very much required, atleast till internal threats to sovereignity continue to exist it is required.

raja696

I think Ind vs Pak final loss is some how related to internal rift between bcci + kohli vs kumble and supreme court.

So the pain in the finals is exactly planned to hit audience. Which puts pressure on authority and gives back more power to bcci corrupt.

Today I exactly felt this way .when I seen, this bcci official speaking to journalists. that we are looking for new coach. I seen no remorse. I think final loss is delibrate kill but not match fixing.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
As of 2009 there was no internal/external threat to Britain, but we do.

For us both internal and external threat exists.

I would say sedition law is very much required, atleast till internal threats to sovereignity continue to exist it is required.
Well, then maybe it should amended and be made more precise in what exactly constitutes sedition. If politicians try to use it to suppress any speech against them or their policies on the name of security, it can create even bigger internal/external threat.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Well, then maybe it should amended and be made more precise in what exactly constitutes sedition. If politicians try to use it to suppress any speech against them or their policies on the name of security, it can create even bigger internal/external threat.
just FYI..

Sedition law is not just one document, it is a series of sections which deals with various aspects.

As it stands today, modi Govt has issued clarification that sedition act should not be used if the government is criticised. But it can be used when sovereignty of India is threatened by any means.

That is where things stand now.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
just FYI..

Sedition law is not just one document, it is a series of sections which deals with various aspects.

As it stands today, modi Govt has issued clarification that sedition act should not be used if the government is criticised. But it can be used when sovereignty of India is threatened by any means.

That is where things stand now.
Assuming criticism of Government either right or wrong doesn't amount as a threat to our sovereignty.
It's okay using sedition charges and action against people who directly threaten or plotting something against India and our agencies got proof.

What's your view on sedition charges against people celebrating Pak team's victory?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Assuming criticism of Government either right or wrong doesn't amount as a threat to our sovereignty.
It's okay using sedition charges and action against people who directly threaten or plotting something against India and our agencies got proof.

What's your view on sedition charges against people celebrating Pak team's victory?
They will be made to run around courts for 3-4 years minimum and if they behave themselves properly case will be dropped.

It's not clear who filed the FIR, much depends on that.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

"Celebration" is a vague term here. An Indian said well played Pakistan team on SM (Burkha Dutt) and congratulate them is different from group of people cheer for Pakistan team openly on the street. This is sedition and no different from kashmiri separatist crowd.

This would put them into violant clash thus creating law & order problem. This is what happened in MP

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Ganguly, Laxman and Dravid had been dragging themselves and so did Tendulkar and selectors lacked will to drop them. Nobody questioned their presence in team irrespective of performance. Let the same happen in Australian team and with any of their top player(including Ricky Ponting) not performing in two consecutive matches and their would be a review of team. That's why they had such a great team.

I don't think that Dhoni is going to complain if he is dropped in favour of young blood. He has already retired from Test and if he feels like it, will retire from one days as well. He is very selfless person, if he wanted, he could bat up and make a lot of run and have a lot of chances to score by batting up the order but he gives chances to others to perform and encourage them and takes the difficult position for himself. He is one player that can bat from no 1 to no 10 and can be counted to get something out of the few chances he gets unlike other top players who want place in top 4 to get more chances to score and secure their position. In the meantime, we do need to find a suitable replacement for keeping.

Dhoni isn't dragging himself at the expense of younger generation unlike other former legends who were doing so. I say the selectors should take decision rather than force players to quit even if he/she feels like continuing. If selectors have players in their eyes who they want to try in place of old ones to build a potent future team, they should drop seniors and experiment with youngsters, take them back for a few matches if needed when youngsters don't perform until they find right combination. Seniors would know when it is time quit.

IF he isnt dragging himself then he better retired from ODI format

Rajputra

Ironically, Boys Played Well.

but somebody needs to spank that Arrogant Kohli's ass, we lost world cup and now one of the best coach thanks to this guy.

Ganguli, Kumble, yuvi, Dhoni, gavaskar all hates him because of his pride and behavior.

rizwan78

Country flag
Ironically, Boys Played Well.

but somebody needs to spank that Arrogant Kohli's ass, we lost world cup and now one of the best coach thanks to this guy.

Ganguli, Kumble, yuvi, Dhoni, gavaskar all hates him because of his pride and behavior.
I don't know about controversy inside BCCI but one thing i would like to say that its captain duty to chose playing xi before the tournament and match, i like imran khan because when he was captain he always like to chose his favorite player to whom he fight with,
Regarding kholi, he is an innocent legend, on which all team rely upon, when he played well all batsmens will deliver, when he goes all remaining batsmens would fail even though most are world best players,
I would like to see kholi playing on no 4 or 5, let the other players to play easily without any pressure, let them deliver which they had in there books, after them kholi also will play easily without pressure

Neo

Kohli is a world class player. Too bad he is being demonized because people can't handle a defeat against Pakistan.

Rajputra

I don't know about controversy inside BCCI but one thing i would like to say that its captain duty to chose playing xi before the tournament and match, i like imran khan because when he was captain he always like to chose his favorite player to whom he fight with,
Regarding kholi, he is an innocent legend, on which all team rely upon, when he played well all batsmens will deliver, when he goes all remaining batsmens would fail even though most are world best players,
I would like to see kholi playing on no 4 or 5, let the other players to play easily without any pressure, let them deliver which they had in there books, after them kholi also will play easily without pressure

imrankhan, Kapil dev and Mahi are completely different from kohli. i am his fan since he played his first match and i firmly believe that he needs to change his personality in-order to be a effective caption. he's a great batsman no doubt about it, maybe one day he will beat Sachin and become a new god for Indians but he's hot a good caption.

many experts also noted that he was under pressure before Final match. even during that match when other players were looking at him we looked defeated (rotlu), Mahi always kept his cool and he never showed any type of pressure on his face. no matter how hard the target it.

problem is, when former stars gives him tips or any kind of suggestion he starts to hate them. as i said earlier he dont have good relationship with ganguli, kumble, rahul Dravid, gavaskar and even Dhoni. instead of learning from Dhoni this fellow always try to be himself. compare him with Hardik pandya who actually adopted Dhoni's suggestion and he openly thanked him for that.

he's not a good caption, and making him caption is already destroying his legacy like dhoni. caption should be Sharma under whom mumbai Indians won IPL almost thrice.

square

Strategic Issues
Kohli is a world class player. Too bad he is being demonized because people can't handle a defeat against Pakistan.
baas karoo , .....ab to nachtty nachtty , peero me chaaly bhi pad ge hogey....

rizwan78

Country flag
imrankhan, Kapil dev and Mahi are completely different from kohli. i am his fan since he played his first match and i firmly believe that he needs to change his personality in-order to be a effective caption. he's a great batsman no doubt about it, maybe one day he will beat Sachin and become a new god for Indians but he's hot a good caption.

many experts also noted that he was under pressure before Final match. even during that match when other players were looking at him we looked defeated (rotlu), Mahi always kept his cool and he never showed any type of pressure on his face. no matter how hard the target it.

problem is, when former stars gives him tips or any kind of suggestion he starts to hate them. as i said earlier he dont have good relationship with ganguli, kumble, rahul Dravid, gavaskar and even Dhoni. instead of learning from Dhoni this fellow always try to be himself. compare him with Hardik pandya who actually adopted Dhoni's suggestion and he openly thanked him for that.

he's not a good caption, and making him caption is already destroying his legacy like dhoni. caption should be Sharma under whom mumbai Indians won IPL almost thrice.
Imran khan was also known to be Arrogant in his era, it doesn't matter, i have seen kholi completely different then before, he is learning and im sure he will be the best captain of Indian team in future, dhoni was lucky because he was having world best batsmens on his side, he was not a legend like Tendulkar or kholi and that was the plus factor for him, he reaped Tendulkar and kholi abilities very well

Rajputra

Imran khan was also known to be Arrogant in his era, it doesn't matter, i have seen kholi completely different then before, he is learning and im sure he will be the best captain of Indian team in future, dhoni was lucky because he was having world best batsmens on his side, he was not a legend like Tendulkar or kholi and that was the plus factor for him, he reaped Tendulkar and kholi abilities very well
IK is a Pushtun if i am not wrong, and hes very clever guy thats why hes today a politician. we dont have any sports star whos running for PM seat.

surely kohli is a legend i know this from the very first match he played.but i am afraid hes not a good caption. and yes doni used sachin and kohli but let not forget that sachin was out of team till the worldcup and kohli was a nex comer at that time.(just like your modern team)

India won the worldcup under brilliant caption cool and his new Team, all players were new to the international tournament except yuvi. and mostly thanks to these 2 India won the cup. it was yuvi who scored in almost every match india played while others used to score barely 10 to 30 runs.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles