Pakistan army admits enemy No. 1 is terror at home

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
ISLAMABAD: After focusing on the perceived danger from India for decades, the Pakistan army has made a paradigm shift by describing homegrown militant groups and internal dangers as the biggest threat to the country's security in its new military doctrine.Eleven years after it became involved in the US-led war against terrorism, the Pakistan army has introduced changes its operational priorities for the first time, and the new doctrine describes the ongoing guerrilla war in the tribal belt and along the western border and bomb attacks by militant groups as the greatest threat. The activities of Taliban fighters in the restive tribal regions and unabated terrorist attacks on government installations are posing a "real threat" to security, media on Thursday quoted the new doctrine as saying.The doctrine does not specifically link the threat from homegrown militancy to any sort of shift from the Pakistan army's earlier focus on India.However, security analysts like Lt Gen (retired) Talat Masood acknowledged that it amounted to a paradigm shift. He said India had always been perceived as Pakistan's enemy No. 1 before the publication of the new doctrine. Pakistan's preparations and weapons were always meant for India but for the first time, Islamabad had admitted that the real threat was emanating internally, he said.

Not India? Pakistan army admits enemy No. 1 is terror at home - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
It took them eleven years to accept the realty. Excellent work. God bless their leadership with some vision and "AKUL" to think about the consequences of their own actions. I agree with jalsa POV as well.

Indian_Baba

terror at home, question is whome to blame now ISI, good tellybunny,bad tellybunny, BLA, SLF, CIA,moshad.RAW, hindu baniya,yahudi or 1000000000000000 indian consulates on afghan border.

Blackwater

strange those terror fed by pak army and ISI and now:lol::lol::lol::taunt::taunt:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
i guess if i am not wrong GOI or PA has never considered india ever a threat

and has never officially declared india as the top most enemy

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
i guess if i am not wrong GOI or PA has never considered india ever a threat

and has never officially declared india as the top most enemy
India has always has been primary enemy of Pakistan Army. If not, why they call this a paradigm shift of recognising Taliban as primary threat now.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
India has always has been primary enemy of Pakistan Army. If not, why they call this a paradigm shift of recognising Taliban as primary threat now.
show me official words of PA..they never considered india as primary enemy.

from the past 2 decades nt during the zia or ayub time

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
show me official words of PA..they never considered india as primary enemy.

from the past 2 decades nt during the zia or ayub time
No one will do it officially. You will need to read the 'green books' that PA distributes to the officers of PA to know that.

I wonder why Pakistan buying more fighters, AWACS, tanks etc?. To fight primary enemy Taliban? or India?.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The BIGGEST danger to Pakistan is actually its own ARMY. :lol:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
No one will do it officially. You will need to read the 'green books' that PA distributes to the officers of PA to know that.

I wonder why Pakistan buying more fighters, AWACS, tanks etc?. To fight primary enemy Taliban? or India?.
If there is no psotive identity or ideology, one tends to engage in a negative one.
The hate and fear piskology in Pakistan (about India) is nearly impossible to vain now.
It is a sort of drug that keeps them alive and in a heightened rush, apart from the foreign aid ofcourse.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Why we are even talking about what they think and what they not. Let them sought out things all we know more stable they become more faces they make at you.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

why is india getting awacs,fighter aircrafts and what not?

same can be said for india

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
why is india getting awacs,fighter aircrafts and what not?

same can be said for india
We are not gettingit all against Maoists.

It is for your new ILLEGAL PAPA China whose power and arrogance is increasing each second.:lol:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles