Pakistan accuses India of shelling as Kashmir tension simmers

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If you dont have anything to support your arguments, then its better not trolling ..

I am not interested into your claims ..

What do you mean by 'solid' links. Obviously Indian media will parrot Indian position and pakistani media will parrot pakistani position. One has to be smart to see through it. Do you really think IA just sits back and fires a few round when attacked.i.

SamwiseTheBrave

Well, there is always tit-for-tat response from other side. Its a bloddy game going on there, people beheaded by both side, villagers killed. I am not sure whether it has political blessings from delhi but if we dont want to talk and maintain status quo, shelling once in a while is a good way to ensure it.
From pakistani side of course it could be infiltration.
I tend to believe for most part, its an endless self-repeating feud, like those bollywood movies in which families kill each other for generations. :)
ok fine, so what solutions do you propose to dealing with a state like pakistan which employs plausible deniability, blatant fobbing of its sovereign responsibilities and pointblank denials of facts which are blindingly obvious for all to see ?

honeybadger

Please do post some links. I didn't know that Pakistan gave away Aksai Chin after capturing it from India. From what I know only Trans-Karakoram Tract was "gifted".
I was refering to wiki, you are right. However one would say british are more responsible for ceding it.
I dont think nehru was in a position to challenge militarily china.. when fighting with pakistan (and not consolidating mainland India).

honeybadger

There is a lot you don't know. Refer to my earlier reply on Kashmir.
Your earlier reply on kashmir is what probably school kids are tought. We are supposed to grow up and understand what really happened (or most probably).

====================

Infraction handed ..

honeybadger

ok fine, so what solutions do you propose to dealing with a state like pakistan which employs plausible deniability, blatant fobbing of its sovereign responsibilities and pointblank denials of facts which are blindingly obvious for all to see ?
I know war is not a solution. GoI will never go to war. Probably proxy war will intensify along with border fights.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You are a slow learner ..

Provide creditable source for your claim, till then your infraction will remain..

Your earlier reply on kashmir is what probably school kids are tought. We are supposed to grow up and understand what really happened (or most probably).

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
You are a slow learner ..

Provide creditable source for your claim, till then your infraction will remain..
The said member need not give credible sources if he is willing not to back up his claims.

Providing sources is a great way to give credibility to your arguments and also to your own reputation.
@Kunal Biswas since this is @honeybadger 's first day please cut him some slack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

honeybadger

The said member need not give credible sources if he is willing not to back up his claims.

Providing sources is a great way to give credibility to your arguments and also to your own reputation.
@Kunal Biswas since this is @honeybadger 's first day please cut him some slack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I know, if you have observed earlier, I tend to think the same hence I insisted on a link for 95 % pakistani on dole. One would assume that there is a difference between fact and opinion. When I conceded that Its my opinion and I wont be able to give non BBC or non pakistani source (simply because its impossible to get a factual account of what is happening there, one would have to take either claim with a pinch of salt)

Are you telling me the veteran member blackwater has been given warning? He also claimed all pakistanis are terrorists in other thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Nehru did not give away third of kashmir, its because Indian forces could not proceed further, after nearly 1 year 2 months of hostility.
Aksai Chin was not ceded by nehru, it was done by pakistanis who had captured it.

I am not sure India could capture tibet that time, when she was too busy solidifying its hold on Indian mainland. 62 was a disaster because of difference between perception of such capability and reality.

Ontopic: Border killing is not same as capturing your land. And most of the time IA will do something similar / has done something similar.
Regrettably, your knowledge of history appears to be scant.

Let me indicate how.

1. If you read military history books you will realise that when the 161 Brigade was about to link Uri with Punch, they were halted and brought back to the line we now occupy in Uri.

2. The Army was pressing on, but Nehru, the Great Statesman, played into the hands of the West sponsored UN and agreed to the ceasefire. The result - one third of Kashmir remained with the Raiders (Pakistan).

3. Nehru did not cede Aksai Chin. He sat impotent and twiddled his thumbs when he was being told that the Chinese had occupied it and had built a road. Thus, he GAVE AWAY Aksai Chin!

4. I am afraid you are clearly short in your knowledge of history, seized with a deficit in facts on all issues that you have postulated on. Pakistan did not cede Aksai Chin. It appears you have never seen a map either. Let me educate you:

They ceded Shaksgam Valley to China.

5. In the 50s, China was assisting North Korea to fight the American Forces and at the same time were occupying Tibet against Tibetan resistance, especially from the Khampas.. Therefore, it was fighting two wars. And the PLA at that time was not the PLA of today. Tibet asked for assistance and Nehru was more keen to appease the Chinese!

6.A most ridiculous statement that 'border killing' is not the same as 'capturing your land'. In other words, you say cross border killings are par for the course. Wunderbar! You feel India is doing the same? How come the Pakistani politicians and the Pakistani media that is so shrill to condemn India has never displayed this shrillness when India does trans border killings? The reason is simple - India has not done it!

I would recommend you first hone up on history and events before trotting out bunkum that is a total waste of time and bandwidth.

Last edited:

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
than why only double standard against Pakistan.
we also were within kargil.than why vajpaye didnt gave away kargil to us?

3. Nehru did not cede Aksai Chin. He sat impotent and twiddled his thumbs when he was being told that the Chinese had occupied it and had built a road. Thus, he GAVE AWAY Aksai Chin!

parijataka

Country flag
One side does it to facilitate infiltration the other too prevent it.

===

I have said so many times, India's response to infiltration should be unpredictable, from massive concerted non stop shelling over a few days to just polite requests. Pakistan should be so confused by our response that they'd dare not test us.
Very good answer.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
It took a lot of effort (diplomatic, military, economic, political) to get rid of the hyphenation between India and Pakistan. The more 'focus' we give on conflict with Pakistan, the more our leaders waste airtime talking about it, the more our TV channels and news papers waste space and airtime on Pakistan, the more we're working to get that hyphenation back in the international scene.

In short, treat Pakistan like defecation. Pakistan is way out of our league. As someone in this thread pointed out, unpredictability, guile, and surprise are great deterrents. Israel used them to great advantage. Stop treating Pakistani theatrics near the LoC from the same lens as civilian law and order. These are military incidents, and deserve a 'mechanical' and ruthless military response. Stop referring to losses on our side as "murder."

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles