Pak: Suicide attack on UN agency; 40 killed, 72 hurt

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
A suicide bomber struck a World Food Programme distribution centre in the restive Bajaur tribal region of northwest Pakistan on Saturday, killing at least 40 people and injuring 72 others.

A large number of people had gathered at the UN agency's food distribution centre when the attacker detonated a suicide vest. Officials were quoted by TV news channels as saying that 40 people were killed and 72 others injured.

Geo News channel claimed that the suicide attack was carried out by a woman though this could not be independently confirmed.

No group claimed responsibility for the attack. Authorities usually blame the Taliban [ Images ] for such bombings. The World Food Programme had set up the centre to distribute food aid to people affected or displaced by an anti-Taliban operation launched by security forces in Bajaur tribal agency.

The injured were taken to the region's state-run hospital, where authorities declared an emergency. Witnesses said security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation.

Reports said that up to 1,000 people received food every day at the distribution centre at Khar, the headquarters of Bajaur.

The security forces had launched a major ground and air offensive against the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan in Bajaur in 2008. The army declared victory over the militants last year though today's suicide bombing demonstrated that they retained the capability to carry out attacks in the region.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/pak-blast-at-un-agency-40-killed-72-hurt/20101225.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder if Pakistan actually cares about any people other than the Punjabis.

Oracle

Pakistan cares only for the PA and the ISI. R.I.P the innocents.

Oracle

I sometimes wonder if this is sponsored by PA and ISI for ethnic cleansing? How come the PA which once boasted 1 Pakistani = 10 Indians cannot stop attacks on it's own innocent civilians? And also, when ISI is considered to be one of the best spy agencies. And it's happening almost daily in Pakistan. Something is very wrong somewhere. People killed were at a Food Distribution Centre, which means those were poor people. Either Afghan refugees or minority Pakistanis.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
So now food centers are being attacked? What madness is this? Earlier Danish, US, UK etc embassies were not safe and now even UN sponsored programmes aren't safe. Just perfect.

KS

Bye bye DFI
This might be a Indian defence forum , but I find it rather crass and lowly speaking of us to add a 'smiley' when the news is about innocents being killed by a SSOB.

Vyom

Seeker
may the innocents rest in peace......
I never quite understood that phrase. I say may the relatives, the dependents of the deceased find peace. The dead are gone, only to face the world again.

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
Pakistan now seems to have adjusted to these kind of news, better word got used to it. All this is coming from religious extremism. The good thing is that attacks are getting to reduce, 2009 was very bad and compare to that 2010 is way better. This is the result of action PA has taken on its soil against the TTP. I am certainly seeing them moving in right direction, but will take couple more years for them. This is indirectly helping India, in last 2 years we hardly had any major attack.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Pakistan now seems to have adjusted to these kind of news, better word got used to it. All this is coming from religious extremism. The good thing is that attacks are getting to reduce, 2009 was very bad and compare to that 2010 is way better. This is the result of action PA has taken on its soil against the TTP. I am certainly seeing them moving in right direction, but will take couple more years for them. This is indirectly helping India, in last 2 years we hardly had any major attack.
You gotta be kidding me!!!

PA is only taking action against those Afghans who are against Punjabi domination and ISI involvement in local affairs....North Waziristan from where Haqqani operates is a safe haven for Global Jihadis......Kashmiri camps are still running in full swing and LET aka Jamat-ulu-Dawa does "Public" rallies almost every month!!

I hope you do not subscribe to the notion coined by Lobbyist and corrupt NDTV journalist "Burkha Dutt" that "a stable pakistan is good for India"......If we have peace in India, its because PA and ISI have been bogged down by TTP Lions.....not because PA is eliminating their own anti-India pakistani stooges (jihadis). If ever PA manages to control the situation, you will see attacks on Indian soil on a daily basis, with our Secularists playing politics on the ashes of the dead, its better for us that pakistanis kill each other and Corrupt pakistani punjabi army is at the center of attention and exposed with its Jihadi agenda (cuz our present corrupt GOI won't even throw a stone to protect common man)!!

Last edited:

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
You gotta be kidding me!!!

PA is only taking action against those Afghans who are against Punjabi domination and ISI involvement in local affairs....North Waziristan from where Haqqani operates is a safe haven for Global Jihadis......Kashmiri camps are still running in full swing and LET aka Jamat-ulu-Dawa does "Public" rallies almost every month!!

I hope you do not subscribe to the notion coined by Lobbyist and corrupt NDTV journalist "Burkha Dutt" that "a stable pakistan is good for India"......If we have peace in India, its because PA and ISI have been bogged down by TTP Lions.....not because PA is eliminating their own anti-India pakistani stooges (jihadis). If ever PA manages to control the situation, you will see attacks on Indian soil on a daily basis, with our Secularists playing politics on the ashes of the dead, its better for us that pakistanis kill each other and Corrupt pakistani punjabi army is at the center of attention and exposed with its Jihadi agenda (cuz our present GOI won't even throw a stone to protect common man)!!
Just yesterday Haqqani's son was caught by PA/ISI (I agree this might not be their choice, but forced to do so).
They are not interested to take action against terrorist in J&K but the situation is not the same as before. I do not think now you will see attack on India on daily basis.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
maomao said:
"a stable pakistan is good for India"
A stable Pakistan which accepts India as the de-facto regional power is "good for India" ;-D . Now since this ain't gonna happen in the foreseeable future, un-stable Pakistan ftw!

Last edited:

maomao

Country flag
Just yesterday Haqqani's son was caught by PA/ISI (I agree this might not be their choice, but forced to do so).
They are not interested to take action against terrorist in J&K but the situation is not the same as before. I do not think now you will see attack on India on daily basis.
Please share the News with links??

There are conflicting reports and if caught, it has been by ISAF not Isi or pakistan, what I know it was Nawab Bughti's son caught, not Haqqani.....you need to read and comprehend a lot!!

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
Please share the News with links??

There are conflicting reports and if caught, it has been by ISAF not Isi or pakistan, what I know it was Nawab Bughti's son caught, not Haqqani.....you need to read and comprehend a lot!!
http://www.newsweek.com/2010/12/23/pakistan-arrests-key-taliban-leader.html
Also I don't believe when people say Pakistan is not doing anything. They are selective but all this war has done major damage to terrorist infrastructure.

They don't like to help us, but they do not have any choice.

Country flag
There seems to be a power struggle or a split between the extremist and their ISI govt supporters. The Taliban no longer feel Pakistani agencies are a reliable partner in terror and the continous drone attacks which has been accepted by Pakistani govt makes it more obvious along with bring Kafir Americans/NATO to kill their"muslim brothers". Pashtuns realize that the real enemy in not HINDU india but Punjabi Pakistanis who have brought nothing but death and destruction to Afghanistan for more than 3 decades.

maomao

Country flag
http://www.newsweek.com/2010/12/23/pakistan-arrests-key-taliban-leader.html
Also I don't believe when people say Pakistan is not doing anything. They are selective but all this war has done major damage to terrorist infrastructure.

They don't like to help us, but they do not have any choice.
Read another article from Today's news.......http://tribune.com.pk/story/94640/big-prize-haqqani-network-leader-caught/

They still don't know whom they caught, and who so ever was caught was caught by ISAF not isi!!

As I have stated earlier, PA has attacked only anti-Punjabi and PA infrastructures where they have literally cleansed the areas off Pashtun population!!

The anti-India infrastructure with the proponents of "Strategic Depth" still thrive in pakistan!!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
You're so naive my friend, Do you really think that they will actually do something to that son of Haqqani? Let's see, our own government has been feeding and fattening terrorists who launched massive attacks to play cheap politics against her own people. Here we are talking about GOP. And Pakistan doesn't have a definite government now. Civilians are busy swindling businesses and no concern for people while Army maintains the supreme power, the main cause of jihadi lunacy in this part of the world. What are the odds that PA and ISI will actually act against these terrorists? NONE!

KS

Bye bye DFI
@Tshering22

No Tshering. Innocents are innocents, whichever religion/country they belong to. These ppl just came for feeding their stomach when that biatch suicde bomber blew up killing them.

What you say might be true for the armed forces/ISI. But just because they are Pakistanis I cannot support the killing of innocents.

When I expect others to feel for the blasts in Varanasi, isnt it incumbent on me to do the same also ??

The situation is a result of the top echelons of power hungry,jihadi mindset in the ISI and Army. But dont blame the innocents for that.

ps.: Dont call me apologetic. You have seen my posts and you should know better.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles