Pak successfully test fires Ghauri Hataf-V

bharadwaj

Nice one from Pakistan.BTW,what are the guidance equipments on board the Ghauri?

bharadwaj

@Utubekhilaadi-Actually,a SLV can be converted into a missile.(might be wrong here!)the reason why India is said to possess technology to produce ICBM with further range compared to the Agni-5 is because of our PSLV's.Need experts opinion though.

Oracle

/\/\/\ Yes we can. This is why about a year ago US made a statement like militarization of space shouldn't be done.

Country flag
Dr Kalam probably was able to take a peek at rockets if this knowledge was the base of the Indian missile program India would be able to produce only liquid fuel single stage missiles. The only major single stage missile in India's program is Prithvi from the 1980's and it has been more or less been abondened or placed in a different role. NASA and US missile program are not under the same agency. NASA deals with rockets and space and US atomic energy commission handled most of the missiles and weapons programs.

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
/\/\/\ Yes we can. This is why about a year ago US made a statement like militarization of space shouldn't be done.
quick question. do you think nukes are hanging around in space?

Oracle

quick question. do you think nukes are hanging around in space?
If Men can reach Moon, there's no reason why there cannot be nukes in space. Only two countries can do it as of now - US and Russia, if there are nukes in space.

Pandora

Country flag
according to rizwan ! SLV CAN BE CONVERTED TO MISSILE BUHAHAHA ,MEANS MISSILE CAN BE CONVERTED TO SLV RIGHT ? Then where the heck is pakistani SLV ATLEAST A SATELLITE ?BUHAHAhaha

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
To the Pakistani dude here: please stop believing what your Urdu media tells you (and occasionally even the English media). History has shown that they have gone to the extent of declaring fake victory in 1965 war, they do not deserve to be trusted.

bharadwaj

@warmachine-Nope,ice to water-the reaction is spontaneous under normal conditions but not vice-versa.So,conditions apply for Pak's Ghauri to GINASLV(Ghauri is now a SLV) conversion.lol

Country flag
@Utubekhilaadi-Actually,a SLV can be converted into a missile.(might be wrong here!)the reason why India is said to possess technology to produce ICBM with further range compared to the Agni-5 is because of our PSLV's.Need experts opinion though.
ALL the first ICBM's from 1950's were originally rockets or had their origins in the space program for USA and Russia.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Ok I think we're (me included) are being too harsh on rizwan. The first Agni used a couple of elements from both the Prithvi and the SLV-3. The SLV-3 was based on the Scout (we got assistance from US on that front I think)

A similar parallel can be drawn when we developed nukes under the garb of a civilian program. Difference is that we didn't sell nuke secrets to rogue nations in exchange for ready made ballistic missiles.

warmachine said:
according to rizwan ! SLV CAN BE CONVERTED TO MISSILE BUHAHAHA ,MEANS MISSILE CAN BE CONVERTED TO SLV RIGHT ? Then where the heck is pakistani SLV ATLEAST A SATELLITE ?BUHAHAhaha
Because Pakistanis never developed the system, they just got it off the shelf. Generally SLVs were derived from Ballistic missiles (check out all Soviet SLVs)

Last edited:
Country flag
Ok I think we're (me included) are being too harsh on rizwan. The first Agni used a couple of elements from both the Prithvi and the SLV-3. The SLV-3 was based on the Scout (we got assistance from US on that front I think)

A similar parallel can be drawn when we developed nukes under the garb of a civilian program. Difference is that we didn't sell nuke secrets to rogue nations in exchange for ready made ballistic missiles.

Because they never developed the system, they just got it off the shelf. Generally SLVs were derived from Ballistic missiles (check out all Soviet SLVs)

going by this logic can we also conclude that since we launched 10 satellites at one time we also have developed an MIRV?????

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
LETHALFORCE said:
going by this logic can we also concluded that since we launched 10 satellites at one time we also have developed an MIRV?????
Dunno about that...I'm no expert

SHASH2K2

going by this logic can we also conclude that since we launched 10 satellites at one time we also have developed an MIRV?????
LF sir we do have MIRV technique with us. Thats the reason DRDO is so confident with Agni 5. MIRV aspect will be looked by few scenetiests who were internally transferred from ISRO to DRDO . Only problem is that ISRO cannot involve directly into military projects so we need some time to develop MIRV for Agni 5 .

rizwan78

Country flag
OMG!!! seriously? did you even understand a thing that i have said? you have some serious problems.

SLV is not a missile, i repeat SLV is not a missile. SLV stands for satellite launch vehicle . both SCOUT and SLV's are launch vehicles and are different from missiles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_Launch_Vehicle

come on pakistan, you guys don't even have a missile that can break sound barrier. our navy can launch missile from under the sea; can your navy do that? our missile test fails because our media is honest enough to report them and we try different things and experiment new upgrades on our missile.
yes pakistan will be able to launch Babur cruse missile from Agosta 90B submarines, as it can fire Exocet missile from under water. pakistan is working on it and hope it will be done soon.Pakistan can also launch cruse missile from air too ? Raad ALCM...

rizwan78

Country flag
OMG!!! seriously? did you even understand a thing that i have said? you have some serious problems.

SLV is not a missile, i repeat SLV is not a missile. SLV stands for satellite launch vehicle . both SCOUT and SLV's are launch vehicles and are different from missiles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_Launch_Vehicle

come on pakistan, you guys don't even have a missile that can break sound barrier. our navy can launch missile from under the sea; can your navy do that? our missile test fails because our media is honest enough to report them and we try different things and experiment new upgrades on our missile.
yes pakistan will be able to launch Babur cruse missile from Agosta 90B submarines, as it can fire Exocet missile from under water. pakistan is working on it and hope it will be done soon.Pakistan can also launch cruse missile from air too ? Raad ALCM...

Country flag
Rizwan are you saying France will allow Pakistan to violate MCTR by placing Babur in Agosta???

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles