Pak needs mini-nukes to deter India

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Their are various kind of Nuclear devices, Some small as suitcase and some are big as mini van, Their explosive power also determine according to their size ..

Pakistan on one hand claims to have smaller nukes aka tactical nukes, Which is a bluff as many other in a long list of big mouth talks, Archiving such a feat is not even in capability of Russia / China itself ..

They have delivery system as NASR which is a large system with a puny range of 60km, Which can be detected even before it reach its launching site and can be destroyed with Artillery, Not even need for Air-power ..

Any side using nukes will also effect themselves as the nuclear fall out will effect both sides, Using nukes is more a Political scare tactics than practical Military solution, According to our doctrine in nuclear war unless the objective get archived the army won`t stop marching just like in conventional ..

Indian Army rely on conventional we peon rather nuclear, The objective is and always to eliminate enemy striking power before dominating its forces, For such purpose we emphasis more on surgical strikes let it be with Laser guided bombs or cruise missile to Special force insertion ..

============

One cannot sell nukes on open market not even design the history of Pakisthan is well known for famous working of AQ Khan and well taken care of ..

That this doesn't make any sense because if it is meant to be used against ground forces they would have to use them near or in their own territory to thwart attacks. So what good does this do ? And a nuke is a nuke, which India has already said, use any size nuke we will retaliate. :rolleyes:

Which is why i think this isn't for India, this is a product for sale to high bidding countries who don't have nukes.

Last edited by a moderator:

lion

What a F**k man?

Those are the old time's. Even at that time have you heard name"Shiva ji", the great great maratha king. try wiki about his fights and other maratha warriors. there are also other hindu kings who make muslim rulers pissed in there female salwars.

lion

Pakistan is just verbally deterrent. Even if India attacks pakistan in a scenario when a major terrorist attack is done on India, pakistan can never use any size of nuclear weapon against Indian army because they know if they do so nothing will be left in Pak. They are just showing that they are a foolish country and a foolish person can do anything mad.

Rashna

Country flag
Its good to get some "real" perspective on this issue. If such weapons do exist they are easier to proliferate according to this report and also pakistan being the rogue country it is can't be trusted to not do such a thing.

Their are various kind of Nuclear devices, Some small as suitcase and some are big as mini van, Their explosive power also determine according to their size ..

Pakistan on one hand claims to have smaller nukes aka tactical nukes, Which is a bluff as many other in a long list of big mouth talks, Archiving such a feat is not even in capability of Russia / China itself ..

They have delivery system as NASR which is a large system with a puny range of 60km, Which can be detected even before it reach its launching site and can be destroyed with Artillery, Not even need for Air-power ..

Any side using nukes will also effect themselves as the nuclear fall out will effect both sides, Using nukes is more a Political scare tactics than practical Military solution, According to our doctrine in nuclear war unless the objective get archived the army won`t stop marching just like in conventional ..

Indian Army rely on conventional we peon rather nuclear, The objective is and always to eliminate enemy striking power before dominating its forces, For such purpose we emphasis more on surgical strikes let it be with Laser guided bombs or cruise missile to Special force insertion ..

============

One cannot sell nukes on open market not even design the history of Pakisthan is well known for famous working of AQ Khan and well taken care of ..

Last edited by a moderator:

no smoking

Country flag
Lol ABM is operational at mumbai and delhi.By next decade I can expect vizag under ABM umbrela.
The ABM covering Mumbai and Delhi belongs to the same class of US's Patriot-3, Russia's S300 and Chinese HQ9, etc. These systems are far from perfect to protect your cities, even missiles with 1960s tech have more than 50% chance to beat them. And for those missiles with nuclear warhead? A basement will provide better protection.

And was reffering to pakistan not for you...
I know, I just remind every Indian that India and Pakistan are on the same page in a nuclear war: India will survive due to bigger size but receive damage as much as Pakistan.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
The ABM covering Mumbai and Delhi belongs to the same class of US's Patriot-3, Russia's S300 and Chinese HQ9, etc. These systems are far from perfect to protect your cities, even missiles with 1960s tech have more than 50% chance to beat them. And for those missiles with nuclear warhead? A basement will provide better protection.

I know, I just remind every Indian that India and Pakistan are on the same page in a nuclear war: India will survive due to bigger size but receive damage as much as Pakistan.
Hmmm..... you have a point .Do u think UN will be sitting idle ? At least they have to interfere in order to avoid nuclear war.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
What a F**k man?

Those are the old time's. Even at that time have you heard name"Shiva ji", the great great maratha king. try wiki about his fights and other maratha warriors. there are also other hindu kings who make muslim rulers pissed in there female salwars.
Look don't post such harsh words and never bring any religion bias in IDF.U have freedom to speak...but that never mean u can derail the thread.
Yes they are morons ..let them bark

no smoking

Country flag
Hmmm..... you have a point .Do u think UN will be sitting idle ? At least they have to interfere in order to avoid nuclear war.
NO, my point is: India can't threat Pakistan with a nuclear retaliation because it doesn't work to a country which is doomed to lose in a conventional war.
The Pakistan strategy is: don't kill me otherwise I will drag both of us down together.
Do you think threating them with death will help you?

sorcerer

Country flag
NO, my point is: India can't threat Pakistan with a nuclear retaliation because it doesn't work to a country which is doomed to lose in a conventional war.
:D
In Conventional warfare , it gives the country options to be strategic for negotiations. It depends a lot on the war doctrines and what is presented at the war..what is captured, the loss etc etc.
Pakistan is sure to lose in conventional war and it wont ever opt for nukes cuz Pakistan will cease to exist forever and the lives of political class milking the Pakistan treasury for their luxury + CHina will lose its IRON BROTHER and business deals :D

Its all posturing and nothing else from the side of Pakistan.

The Pakistan strategy is: don't kill me otherwise I will drag both of us down together.
Unfortunately it cant, It knows that it can only posture but do zilch other than that. if it was possible it would have done it long back when the situation was so ripe and fragile.

So far it has helped to keep peace :D Pakistan will behave.

lion

U are saying that India can't threat Paki with a nuke retaliation. I think you are right. We are not going to make them fear because they will not be alive for that. And u are saying that "it does't work to a country which is doomed to lose in a conventional war". Dear mate, that time was of previous century and India is not that anymore. Although there is difference in defence hardware but if quality comparison is done, we are way ahead from china.

And paki is a foolish country with fooling there people and using terrorist against India and which will sooner or later grasp your country as well. China is just taking advantage of there foolishness against India.

lion

I would like to bla bla bla bla bla.

bullshit. China should care for herself. Except China, no neighbour of China has respect for China. Care for yourself first "NO SMOKING":mad:

sorcerer

Country flag
This is what the Pak is reminded of ..India will survive but Pak wont. Collateral damage happens in war; but its not just a worry for India or Pak.A war between India and Pak will seriously cripple the human existence.

Five Millions Tons of Smoke in the Stratosphere | Nuclear Darkness & Nuclear Famine

Even if limited in scope, a conflict with nuclear weapons would wreak havoc in the atmosphere and devastate crop yields, with the effects multiplied as global food markets went into turmoil, the report said.

The Nobel Peace Prize-winning International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War and Physicians for Social Responsibility released an initial peer-reviewed study in April 2012 that predicted a nuclear famine could kill more than a billion people.

In a second edition, the groups said they widely underestimated the impact in China and calculated that the world's most populous country would face severe food insecurity.

"A billion people dead in the developing world is obviously a catastrophe unparalleled in human history. But then if you add to that the possibility of another 1.3 billion people in China being at risk, we are entering something that is clearly the end of civilization," said Ira Helfand, the report's author.

India-Pakistan nuclear war could 'end human civilisation' - Telegraph

Nuclear weapons gives nations the upper hand and free hand in war to do everything conventional other than anything nuclear.

bose

Country flag
When did India threat Pakistan with Nukes ?? India is fine watching Pakistan bleed killing each other...

No one needs to kill Pakistan they are more than capable to killling themselves... We do not want to waste our blood on parasites...

Kshatriya87

Country flag
India has already replied to this stupid idea long back. Even tactical nuclear warheads will be considered as a proper nuclear attack and will be retaliated accordingly.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That is Chicom state`s statement, About the topic, Check out engagement range and dimension compare to what you are comparing with ..

Or maybe you can tell us what you know. (please don't tell me that laughable 99% kill rate claimed by your government).

t_co

Pakistan doesn't need mini-nukes to deter India

Pakistan needs a credible second-strike capability (preferably underwater) to deter India.

no smoking

Country flag
That is Chicom state`s statement.
Thanks to internet, we can always find out who said what.

DRDO claims to better US, Russias missile defence

Quote:"It also went on to claim that its ballistic missile defence (BMD) architecture would outclass technologies offered by the United States, Russia and Israel."

and "Dr V.K. Saraswat, chief controller, R&D and programme director (air defence), DRDO, said exo and endo-atmospheric intercept systems (designed to destroy targets within and outside the atmospheric limits) for achieving hit-to-kill probability of 99.8 per cent would be ready within two years."

Can you provide a link that a "Chicom state" made a similar statement?

About the topic, Check out engagement range and dimension compare to what you are comparing with ..
Are you suggesting Indian BMD already reach US' THAAD or SM-3 level? Wow, that will be a big news!

So far, your own government is still struggling to buy Israel's Arrow 3 system which is on the same level of THAAD.

U.S. Should Not Approve Sale of Arrow Missile Defense System to India | Center for Arms Control & Non-Proliferation

At the mean time, all the tests DRDO did were carried out under lab conditions: for example, the base shoot target missiles was only 70-80km away from interceptor.

Obviously, once again, you are wrong.

Öйú3Ô³ö¿ÚÒýÇæʧË٠óÒ×˳²î´ó·ùËõ¼õÖÁ30.8ÒÚÃÀÔª_¹úÄڲƾ­_ÐÂÎÅƵµÀ_È«¾°Íø

中国3月出口下滑14.6% 贸易顺差大幅缩减至181.6亿_宏观经济_基金_中金在线

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Mini nukes are unworkable in Indo Pak conditions... environment and terrain...

Firstly, the idea of using Mini Nukes would be cantered around their application on Pakistani soil to escape blame of first use as Pakistan can not afford the blame of the first use even if the Chinese were to guarantee them full support...

So Pakistan would use Mini Nukes when Indian forces would have dangerously penetrated say beyond 20 Km of the border inside their territory threatening their arse.

As per published details of Indian cold start doctrine .... this military move would be undertaken by the Strikes Corps after six to eight IBGs would have penetrated upto 20 kms into Pakistan... what would be the value and effect of using Mini Nukes on IBGs .... Nothing whatsoever..... can Pakistan afford to bear the blame of launching Mini Nukes on IBGs and invite massive retaliation ? Clear No...

If not - Eight IBGs having penetrated at eight places so deep into Pakistan ------ this itself would be a defeat for Pakistan.... and end of war. So the war would have perhaps ended with Pakistan holding their Mini Nukes in their hands with large chunks of territory in Indian hands at various places. And Indian strike Corps just poised to be launched. So far unutilised ... waiting for further moves.. Indian military power still intact ...

Second stage of launching the strike corps may not be required at all..

Can Pakistan afford eight lodgement of 20 km deep inside Pakistan... at eight places spread all over their country ?

If not, can Pakistan afford launching mini nukes on IBGs inside India or on border and invite complete inhalation of their country? Can they use Mini Nukes as the first shot of the war.... loosing their country without having started a war ?

So where is the time and space to launch Mini Nukes .... we do not a luxury of a space of rolling Western European

India and Pakistan do not have luxury of climbing escalatory nuclear ladders specially so in case of Pakistan.

In our context - Punjab and Sindh / Rajasthan are the only places where Mini Nukes can be used as last resorted to be threated to use. Pakistan can not uses any Nukes in J&K for many reasons specially for fear of polluting their waters for ever and thereby destroying their country. But the war of determination is going to be fought there as has been the trend in the past. Punjab and Rajasthan borders would remain dormant / less active.

So where will Pakistan ever use those mini Nukes and to what end ? They would perhaps launch one in Chagai mountains to threaten India ?

Let them brandish those mini Nukes, if at all the Chinese provide them, which one day TTP is going to use in Lahore or Karachi for sure.

This threat of Mini Nukes is a complete bullshit !

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles