Pak ISI station chief in Delhi dies of electrocution

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by Daredevil, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Pak ISI station chief in Delhi dies of electrocution

Shishir Gupta Posted online: Monday , Oct 12, 2009 at 0827 hrs
    New Delhi : In a significant development, the Pakistan ISI station chief, MK Afridi, at its High Commission in Delhi got electrocuted “ while drying his hair late Sunday night at his Vasant Vihar residence” and died. His body was taken to Pakistan via Wagah border in the wee hours of morning after intervention at the highest levels.

Government sources told The Indian Express that Pakistan High Commission told the local police that Afridi, who held the post of Counsellor, was electrocuted as he was using a dryer after having bath in the evening at his Vasant Vihar residence. Apparently as no foul play was suspected, no post mortem was conducted. It was at the diplomatic intervention that Pakistan High Commission was allowed to transport the body to Pakistan. It is learnt that the Pakistan High Commission officials took the body via road at 3.00 am this morning and the entourage crossed Wagah around 8.00 am.

3. Daredevil

Is this a coincidence??:eek:

4. Daredevil

My guess is that this guy might have been bumped-off by their own agents. See the alacrity with which they have transported the body within 6hrs to Pakistan without post-mortem. And, why GoI allowed them to take his body?? All questions but no answers. That's how dirty the intelligence business is.

5. Flint

Flint Senior Member Senior Member

Does Pakistan make public the identity of its ISI chiefs in India?

6. Arun

Arun Regular Member

And why the hell on earth we didn't conduct a "postmortem" .This could be a foul play by ISI.

7. Vladimir79

Vladimir79 Defence Professionals Defence Professionals

I wonder if these offings have anything to do with Zadari's quest to become Army Chief.

8. Daredevil

How can Zardari become an Army Chief??. He is not any Army man. He is president already.

9. Flint

Flint Senior Member Senior Member

Zardari become army chief? That's impossible. He could try to appoint a more pliable Army chief though, but even that is very unlikely.

10. Costanza

Costanza New Member

Bravo, bravo!

Some of the members here really need to grow up. A person's death is being subjected to sarcastic and pathetic remarks. Death of a person should be respected regardless of your nationality or beliefs.

May he rest in Peace.

11. ahmedsid

ahmedsid Top Gun Senior Member

Do Report any posts you find offensive and not keeping up with the Standards set By DFI. Bringing it out into open and discussing it will only result in Off topic Posts being generated.

12. Martian

Martian Respected Member Senior Member

I usually don't believe in conspiracies. However, in this case, I think somebody wanted his job.

13. Daredevil

^^Oh really?. Don't be so self-righteous. There is blood of many Indians on people like these. This guy might be involved in killing of many innocents in my country. So, don't expect sympathy for him here. If he were an armed forces person who died fighting bravely and openly, then we would still respect him. Two different things.

14. ahmedsid

Thinking from your POV its correct, but you must not forget that these men do what their country is asking of them and what their country is asking maybe heinous, so nonetheless they cant be called Cowards just because they differ from the army.

RAW is also just like them, so is CIA or Mossad, does it make their operatives any less than the armymen?? I dont think so.

15. Daredevil

True, they might be working for their country. But I would have no objection to ISI's intelligence in India if it was for protection and defense of Pakistan but it is well known that ISI's aim in India is to not to protect Pakistan but to destroy India. Khalistan movement, 1992 Mumbai bomb blasts, Khandahar plane highjack fiasco, Terrorism in Kashmir all of these have a strong fingerprint of ISI. This is not acceptable. And that's why I don't respect such rogue intelligence agencies (not my words but is well known in media and these very words used to describe ISI) and people working for it.

16. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

I think we have to be careful that while analysing the actions of our enemies and their rationale behind it, we do not get carried away and start accepting their justifications for the same.

The objective behind looking at things from an enemy's point of view, is to find and exploit weaknesses in their strategy-it's not to accept their explanations for their crimes against us.

17. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

What about him being a double agent? May be ISI found out the truth.

18. ahmedsid

Again correct from your POV. The ISI has been hand in gloves with every known Anti India Force. But think again, was the RAW keeping quiet while Khalistan Raged or say when Afghan was under seige during the cold war??

RAW has limitations, and has a definitive authority over it, while ISI is truly Independent, and is a headless monster to many, not knowing where it will turn next!!! Its supported many entities, which can at best be termed a danger to Humanity Itself.

But, Even if RAW didnt go that extra mile to be as sinister as ISI, when you look at it, nobodys hands are clean! Intelligence agencies are not made for Decorative purposes. They have targets to achieve, they have purposes to fulfill, but Sadly in ISIs case, its not always for Pakistans interest in the long term.

19. ejazr

ejazr Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

20. bengalraider

bengalraider DFI Technocrat Stars and Ambassadors

in a fast food joint next to the imperial shipyard
    the intelligence business is a dirty one both these men knew they were putting themselves into harm's way when they enlisted,as such i have no sympathy for these men i however offer my condolences to their respective families most of whom would be unaware of their relatives real job.as for the question about the man being a diplomat most intelligence operatives operate under the guise of some diplomatic post in whatever country they are posted.

21. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

Diplomatic Counselors and cultural attaches are almost invariably vetted by their respective countries intelligence agencies and liaise between the parent agency and its foot soldiers on the ground.

The death is highly suspect,probably an inside job(if its not indeed an unfortunate accident)