Pak Court indicts former President for treason

Sea Eagle

Pakistan's former President, Pervez Musharraf, on Monday pleaded not guilty to five counts of treason, in the latest chapter of a long running drama between country's increasingly assertive Judiciary and its former military ruler.

Musharraf faces death penalty if convicted of the charges over his suspension of constitution and imposition of emergency rule in 2007, when he was trying to extend his rule as President.

Musharraf stood ramrod straight and replied "Not Guilty" to each charge.

"I would like to ask where is justice for me in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan... I have only given to this country and not taken anything" Musharraf said.

"I prefer death to surrender"

The case is being closely watched for any impact on the relationship of Pakistan's three power houses- the historically powerful Military, an increasingly Independent Judiciary and the Civilian Government.

Some observers are concerned that the trial could angry the army, which has ruled Pakistan for more than half of its history since Independence.

Musharraf has told reporters that the whole army supported him, though the military leadership has given no indication that it might intervene in the trial.

Pakistan court indicts former president Pervez Musharraf for treason - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

Blackwater

Pakistan's former President, Pervez Musharraf, on Monday pleaded not guilty to five counts of treason, in the latest chapter of a long running drama between country's increasingly assertive Judiciary and its former military ruler.

Musharraf faces death penalty if convicted of the charges over his suspension of constitution and imposition of emergency rule in 2007, when he was trying to extend his rule as President.

Musharraf stood ramrod straight and replied "Not Guilty" to each charge.

"I would like to ask where is justice for me in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan... I have only given to this country and not taken anything" Musharraf said.

"I prefer death to surrender"

The case is being closely watched for any impact on the relationship of Pakistan's three power houses- the historically powerful Military, an increasingly Independent Judiciary and the Civilian Government.

Some observers are concerned that the trial could angry the army, which has ruled Pakistan for more than half of its history since Independence.

Musharraf has told reporters that the whole army supported him, though the military leadership has given no indication that it might intervene in the trial.

Pakistan court indicts former president Pervez Musharraf for treason - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

liar liar, bloody million $$ enthi kar gaya in his personal account and bought penthouse in london and dubai with WOT $$$$ from amrikaa

Compersion

Country flag
What you call a person running away from the Court like he did before. Was that a standard Military Doctrine of Pakistan.

Also what you call a person that was returning from overseas to Pakistan and now wants to return overseas again.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles